09-23-2023, 04:59 PM   #1
Trap_Speed96
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

G80 Dahler Tuning Module Issue

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Greetings,

After some back and forth between the JP4 and Dahler Tuning Module, I decided to go with Dahler back in May. I ended up purchasing it from Kies Motorsports since they seemed to have a very good reputation within our community. The installation instructions that Dahler provides were very thorough (plus Kies provides a pretty detailed installation video as well) and, as such, the installation of the unit was fairly simple and straight forward. Once the unit is connected to the vehicle, you download the app, create an account, put the tuner into pairing mode and pair it with your phone. Once all of that is said and done, you can choose between 3 different maps (Eco, Comfort, and Race) amongst other options. I ended up toggling between the 3 maps for the first few weeks but, eventually, set it to race and left it with that. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm or deny the 100 whp increase claim from Kies, as I did not dyno my car, but my butt dyno was very pleased. Now, fast forward a few months.......I had my 10k service appointment with the dealer a few days ago and figured it'd be best to disable the tune. To do so you have 2 options; 1) disconnect the module from the harness and plug in the adapter that Dahler provides, or 2) simply open up the app and disable the tune. On my way to the dealer I stopped for gas and decided to go with option 2.......this is were the issue began. Upon opening the app, instead of gaining access to the menu/settings, a message appeared that prompted me to pair the device/app with the tuning module. So, I got out of the car, popped the hood, put the tuner into paring mode and attempted to connect without success. Instead of connecting I get a message that states to delete the module from the iOS Bluetooth settings. So, I opened up my Bluetooth setting in order to do so and repeated the entire pairing process.....it failed again and I ended getting the same message. I was running late to my service appointment so I said f*** it, closed everything up and drove to the dealer. Since then, I followed the troubleshooting procedures that Dahler provides, which is, essentially, to clear the Bluetooth log from the tuner, I deleted the app and re-downloaded, fiddled around with my phone settings and none of it works. At this point, I do not know if the tune module is active, disabled, or which map it is in. Hopefully, someone here is any advice or input.

What's more frustrating than all of this is that Kies Motorsports and Dahler USA have been unresponsive to my messages. I attempted to call the customer service department at Kies, but forget about that as well. For granted, I never had to contact their customer service before since this was my first purchase with them, but, based on initial impressions, Kies is missing the mark here by quite a bit.
Appreciate 0