///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Very nice, just missing the front lip!
Thanks! — everything's there now. There are links to newer photo posts at the top of the main post. This shows what's there now: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28402770
      01-11-2022, 11:41 PM   #68
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer89 View Post
Looks absolutely stunning enjoy and congrats 👌🏽

Look forward to seeing more pics of it soon
Thank you, and absolutely will share more photos. I loved seeing everyone's photos here during the many months I waited and I'm happy to share content to pay it forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINY3RA View Post
Everything, apart from that wing.
In real life, it gets a ton of compliments. But sure different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
1. Beautiful color. The spec is great, love the orange and blue.
2. Did you at least get Poke that's kitty corner to this picture?
3. Now that the snow is gone and you're going to drive the car around, don't forget to pressure wash it often, the amount of salt and sand they put down this year is insane, even compared to last year when it actually snowed.
I've never been to Poke strangely. But will at some point.

Metropolitan Detail gave it wash as part of touching up the PPF. And they've given me another free wash coupon for their express location, so will take advantage of that too.

What's worse about the roads now is the horrible potholes that have opened up all over the place. I have to remember where all the bad ones are and be in specific lanes or aligned within the lane in a certain way to completely avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM2 View Post
Congratulations the car looks amazing!

I picked up my manual M4 a couple of weeks ago. Completely in the love with the car. Mine is BSM with full black merino interior, not as adventurous as yours
What makes these cars special is the ability to make it exactly like you want it to be. And I expect when a group of ///Ms come together, it'd look so good due to the variety and individuality in there. Black on black is super-menacing looking and is a great look cruising down the road.
      01-12-2022, 01:42 AM   #69
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Newer photos:
12/24 - After PPF and all other carbon fiber part installation: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=33
12/27 - Shots in the snow: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=39

Newer video(s):
12/27 - https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=38

Original post below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me start by saying I was not looking to buy an M4. At least not before several years down the line. But as fate would have it, as I was taking delivery of an X5 45e in April, there were a number of M4s parked outside the dealership. Especially given that I just bought a car, I simply asked for a test drive to see if the M4 had any redeeming features to get past, you know, ... that nose. It did! It was awesome. The driving dynamics were something else. But feeling quite responsible, I never considered it as something I'd buy until much later.

Being the perineal BMW enthusiast however, I did show up at Bimmerpost a bunch of times (understatement) and particularly liked snareman's post and video on his car. It reminded me of the color of a Lamborghini Huracan that drives around near where I live. The 911 GT3's Shark Blue was also something I admired. So the color stuck with me.

Fast forward to the fourth of July weekend, and I decided to amuse my brother (who was visiting) and myself at the dealership with another test drive. This time around the only M4 they had was a manual. I said sure, I'll drive it. My CA knew me well enough to just let me go off with the car alone. But this time something clicked, something made me go back and do more research on the car. The looks no longer bothered me. In fact, I'd grown to love it.

Several YouTube videos and 2 days later, I was putting a deposit down for a M4C xDrive, several years prior to when I thought I'd get one. I had an intuition that people would get used to the looks of the car (like I did), and that the driving dynamics would win them over when they got over that initial prejudice. It felt like investing in a stock just before it jumped in value. And of course, it had to be in Enzian Blue for me.

The Spec

2022 BMW M4 Competition xDrive Coupe
Gentian Blue (Individual Paint)
Kyalami Orange/Black Full Merino Leather
M Double-spoke Bi-color Style 825M wheels
M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
Executive Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
M Carbon Exterior Package
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
M Drive Professional
M Performance side skirts
M Performance flow-through spoiler

It's quite the loaded car, but I have had only one principle in buying cars (since the first time I skimped on an option to save money) - buy them exactly as you want them to be or don't buy them at all. Everything I skipped, I skipped for specific reasons (carbon-ceramic brakes, carbon-bucket seats, ventilated seats and shadowline lights).

The Wait... Oh, that Long Wait

So there I was - third in line at BMW Seattle for the car. Many things happened in the 5 months it took the car to get here (read more), but it's here now finally.

All you kind souls posting about your cars as they were delivered kept me going. Thank you to all of you. I was here several times a day, every day, for those 5 months. And here I'm now paying it forward to the next bunch of you waiting.

Delivery

Let me be honest. I had no idea if Kyalami Orange would go with Enzian. But like Joey in Friends eating Rachel's weird dessert, I liked each of the individual items enough to put them in the same car.

People at the dealership later told me that they'd reservations about the config too and there was no way they were letting me walk away from the order.

But when I walked into the dealership to get the car this evening, I simply asked for my CA at the reception, the receptionist just went "OMG.. that's your car?? Thank you(!) for ordering it! It's so <some positive word I can't remember now>"...

And then I turned to look at the delivery area in line of sight from the reception. And OMG!!! That color! Like snareman said, and despite his great photos and videos, the color was indescribably beautiful in real life. I didn't get what he meant by that until I actually saw the car. I mean, I felt like I won the lottery or something. Such joy. I didn't care what the car would cost me all said and done. It's a very weird thing to say at the price point, and for the reason for actually buying such a car, but it was worth it for the looks alone.

Over the course of the next hour or two while I walked around the car inspecting it, it was sales person after sales person coming by, taking photos of the car, congratulating me for the bold selection, going into great depth about how Enzian Blue was revised (revision 5 apparently), etc. Some of the sales people came by several times to talk to me. I was apparently the first customer at their dealership that got a car with the M Performance wing and skirts. And they loved that too.

Enough words -- enjoy the photos*. My best to everyone waiting for their cars. It is worth the wait.

* there is no color correction on these. It's as captured in HEIC by an iPhone 13 Pro, and only directly converted to JPG on a PC prior to posting.

What's Next

- Going to get the front splitter installed.
- I have the rear winglets on the way but I may skip getting them installed (thoughts?)
- Full body paint protection. Windshield protection film. Tints.
- Carbon fiber seat backs (here already).
Nice color, but that rear wing is just silly. why? why?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 03:17 AM   #70
THOR48
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Competition

CONGRATS ! Absolutely gorgeous automobile. That Enzian Blue is so good looking. The whole setup is very nice.
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50
      01-12-2022, 03:51 AM   #71
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Looks fantastic. Didn't think the G82 could tempt me away from my M2 but yours is doing a pretty good job!
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50
      01-12-2022, 12:40 PM   #72
PARTS@STBMW
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Thanks! — everything's there now. There are links to newer photo posts at the top of the main post. This shows what's there now: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28402770
Absolutely stunning!

Congrats on this beast.
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50
      01-13-2022, 02:29 PM   #73
soonerkozy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Focus ST

Wow those rear tire winglets really jut up there. Way up there. yikes
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:55 PM   #74
Hotflare
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB M3 Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.50]
Im so torn now on enzian or smb for my g80x.... smb is my favorite shade of blue in life, but enzian is more of a unique and rarer color.... augh lol

I just hate that there's toyotas out there with a similar shade of blue. I have yet to see how dynamic it is in person
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #75
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerkozy View Post
Wow those rear tire winglets really jut up there. Way up there. yikes
I had a similar concern initially and left them off the factory order after seeing photos of other people's cars with them. So I've had the car briefly without them and then with them.

Overall it comes together very well in real life and complements the spoiler in completing the look of the car at the rear as a whole.
      01-13-2022, 04:46 PM   #76
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotflare View Post
Im so torn now on enzian or smb for my g80x.... smb is my favorite shade of blue in life, but enzian is more of a unique and rarer color.... augh lol

I just hate that there's toyotas out there with a similar shade of blue. I have yet to see how dynamic it is in person
The Toyota blue was something that crossed my mind too. But even the base color is indeed different in "neutral" lighting, and then it's dynamic based on hue and strength of sunlight. Under overcast skies with rain on the hood, the hood looks fluorescent blue to me. So much pop.

Even within the BMW individual selection, there are many blues that look the same in some conditions and then go off wildly in different shades and hues based on the environment. They for sure don't make it easy to know what your getting.

And after you get it, you may still not understand how that varies from the other shades you could have gotten unless you find somebody with that shade* in a current generation car and you hang out together over various weather conditions (these shades have revision numbers on them too - like I have the fifth revision to Enzian).

* this could just basically be impossible since how rare just getting individual is, combined with where you are, etc.
      01-15-2022, 04:38 PM   #77
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
First handwash where I washed the car myself vs. detailer (interior and door jambs weren't cleaned yet). The side skirts like to act like a grit trap (from sand on roads during snow) and are difficult to clean where it becomes too narrow of your fingers to reach in. I think full body PPF (especially for the carbon fiber clear coat) is important.

Approaching a thousand miles. Raking up the miles to break-in since I have an appointment for other stuff that'd ideally include break-in.

Started occasionally let rpms cross 4500. This thing can be ballistic! Unrelenting acceleration that seems to have no drop at any speed that won't get you arrested on public roads. Maybe it can be better from 0 to 10 mph. I feel better thrust from my X5 45e very low down so I'm already betting the first hybrid M car will be superb - taking away any instant torque advantage from high-perf electric cars.
Attached Images

01-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #78
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
The side skirts like to act like a grit trap (from sand on roads during snow) and are difficult to clean where it becomes too narrow of your fingers to reach in. I think full body PPF (especially for the carbon fiber clear coat) is important.
Yup, both the side skirts and the rear winglets like to collect a bunch of little sand/pebbles from the road. Have to clean those out every so often. Easily done with some compressed air.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:10 AM   #79
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Is enzian a metallic blue?

I want to go individual with my build (still probably a year out from ordering)

Right now I'm between enzian and voodoo blue with ivory interior
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:25 AM   #80
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post

No, it's no metallic. Anything listed as under 'uni' under the individualizer is not metallic. Neither Enzian nor Voodoo is metallic but you won't go wrong with either. Ivory is also good - I have it in my X5. But be aware that Ivory on the M4 loses bits of contrasting alcantara that the standard colors have. I'd personally have picked Silverstone if I was going for a white on the M4. And I'd have done that if my last two cars didn't have white interiors. Needed some variety.
      01-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #81
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

No, it's no metallic. Anything listed as under 'uni' under the individualizer is not metallic. Neither Enzian nor Voodoo is metallic but you won't go wrong with either. Ivory is also good - I have it in my X5. But be aware that Ivory on the M4 loses bits of contrasting alcantara that the standard colors have. I'd personally have picked Silverstone if I was going for a white on the M4. And I'd have done that if my last two cars didn't have white interiors. Needed some variety.
It's weird because enzian isn't listed on the visualizer at all (under uni or metallic).

I like the ivory specifically because it deletes the Alcantara actually. I'm in the minority on that one, but to me it feels a little more special that way.

Seeing voodoo and enzian next to each other would probably help, I'm very torn on what to get.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:50 PM   #82
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's weird because enzian isn't listed on the visualizer at all (under uni or metallic).
Enzian (German) = Gentian (English)

Quote:
I like the ivory specifically because it deletes the Alcantara actually. I'm in the minority on that one, but to me it feels a little more special that way.
Fair, I can see that..

Quote:
Seeing voodoo and enzian next to each other would probably help, I'm very torn on what to get.
You are very much in luck:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1892995
      01-29-2022, 10:04 AM   #83
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Fresh out of an early morning shower --
Attached Images

psylovibe1030.00
akkando5860.00
chicagofan0018923.00
      01-30-2022, 09:55 PM   #84
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This is my new desktop wallpaper.

All the green grass, the general solitude, the trees, and the sun in the distance calm me down.

And in the middle of this serenity, quietly inviting me to stroll over when I'm ready is... my individual preference of perfection.
Attached Images

chicagofan0018923.00
      04-15-2022, 11:41 PM   #85
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Had TireRack do an at-home wheel-and-tire set swap from winter to summer for $60+tax.

Bought these 963Ms with PS4S tires back in December when I saw them noticeably below their regular price on a local dealership website ($5,578 before tax).

Not the best picture as I'm super-busy now, but shows how 963Ms go with Enzian. I prefer the 825Ms for some reason with the color of the car, but maybe it'll grow on me again like it did with my last car (orbit grey wheels).

Some thoughts on PS4S on these wheels vs. Continental ExtremeContact DWS on 825Ms:
- road noise is higher (than the factory Pirellis too)
- the sticky rubber picks up small pieces of gravel and they spray around in the wheel-well / underbody that you can hear clearly at 5-20 mph speeds.
- turning the steering wheel at standstill on concrete creates a squeaky screechy racket from the tires scrubbing on the ground.
- grip is spectacular (I'm used to PS4S so this wasn't unexpected).
- since these are the lightest wheels BMW makes, do I feel the reduced unsprung mass? Maybe? Barely.

Something that bugs me with this car: unlike my X5, even with the right tire settings (after setting tire type, size and speed), it almost never wants to tell me any recommended tire pressure settings front or rear. Once randomly it told me something, but that never repeated. My X5 tells me specific values in real time taking into account temperature and it's also visible in the MyBMW app.
Attached Images

jmg18493.00
      04-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #86
Rivanov
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F40 BMW 118iA HE M-Sport 2022

Garage List
2022 BMW 118i  [10.00]
Absolutely stunning car! First M4 where I like the M Performance spoiler / wing.
      04-16-2022, 09:19 AM   #87
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Had TireRack do an at-home wheel-and-tire set swap from winter to summer for $60+tax.

Bought these 963Ms with PS4S tires back in December when I saw them noticeably below their regular price on a local dealership website ($5,578 before tax).

Not the best picture as I'm super-busy now, but shows how 963Ms go with Enzian. I prefer the 825Ms for some reason with the color of the car, but maybe it'll grow on me again like it did with my last car (orbit grey wheels).

Some thoughts on PS4S on these wheels vs. Continental ExtremeContact DWS on 825Ms:
- road noise is higher (than the factory Pirellis too)
- the sticky rubber picks up small pieces of gravel and they spray around in the wheel-well / underbody that you can hear clearly at 5-20 mph speeds.
- turning the steering wheel at standstill on concrete creates a squeaky screechy racket from the tires scrubbing on the ground.
- grip is spectacular (I'm used to PS4S so this wasn't unexpected).
- since these are the lightest wheels BMW makes, do I feel the reduced unsprung mass? Maybe? Barely.

Something that bugs me with this car: unlike my X5, even with the right tire settings (after setting tire type, size and speed), it almost never wants to tell me any recommended tire pressure settings front or rear. Once randomly it told me something, but that never repeated. My X5 tells me specific values in real time taking into account temperature and it's also visible in the MyBMW app.
Wheels look really good on the car.

I think the squeaky noise on the concrete will likely go away after a bit. Probably just due to them being new, no?

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 12:04 AM   #88
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Wheels look really good on the car.

I think the squeaky noise on the concrete will likely go away after a bit. Probably just due to them being new, no?
It took me a few days but now I love them over the 825Ms. The squeaking's gone already.
chicagofan0018923.00