BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
MacaoM3
G80 Macao M3 Manual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 (waiting)

Process Has Begun!

After calling around to about a dozen or so dealers in the mid-atlantic and northeast I decided to just stick with my local dealer (BMW of Fairfax) and put my deposit and got on the wait list for an allocation yesterday 5/24/22.

The wait list situation was mainly over 10 deep at all the dealers I contacted. Since I'm a repeat customer and since I came to terms with the loooong wait time I decided familiarity and proximity were more important than getting in a shorter line. I was also told I wouldn't be charged over MSRP although I have nothing on paper locking that in. I trust my CA who I've bought two cars off of. I'm assuming prices for the 2023 model will go up a bit and there may be some slightly different cost options so I figure when I go back once allocation comes in and we officially make the build we will agree upon all that.

My CA estimates I'll get my allocation and production number in August/September. At that time we'll submit the build to BMW of NA and get on that queue. He says that takes about 60 days and then it legitimately starts to get assembled. All told his best guess is I would take delivery around this time in 2023.

Here's what I plan to build generally speaking.

Base M3 Manual
Individual Macao Blue
Full Silverstone w/ Standard Seats
Ventilated Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
826M Bi-color
Red Calipers
Laser Lights
Exec Package
Moonroof (I can already hear the groans)
Extended Shadowline Trim
M Drive Professional
Anniversary Emblems (if still offered for the 2023 models when I build)

Would love to hear how other experiences compare to mine. I intend to update throughout the process but obviously don't expect any movement until the end of the summer.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the whole process.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 01:54 PM   #3
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
All orders are different. Some people have been lucky and their timeline for order to delivery can be around 8 weeks, and others can wait many months. I ordered an M4 in October, it got built the 2nd week of November, and it's still waiting to get on a ship. I ended up finding another car, but there are many people waiting for ships. Individual paint can definitely slow the process, but hopefully it won't be a year long wait for you.
Appreciate 0