G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic

04-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #45
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Just saw a Tanzanite G80 on Reston Parkway in Reston, VA. Looked awesome. Was it one of you chaps, by any chance.
I wish it was me.

My Tanzanite M4C just went into production.

I look forward to a G82 photoshoot with all of us later this summer.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #46
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Just saw a Tanzanite G80 on Reston Parkway in Reston, VA. Looked awesome. Was it one of you chaps, by any chance.
I wish it was me.

My Tanzanite M4C just went into production.

I look forward to a G82 photoshoot with all of us later this summer.
Well you picked a great color with Tanzanite. This is the second TB G80 I've seen (or maybe the same one both times?). The first one was out near Leesburg, VA. Both have looked amazing...the color really suits the G8X. Even my girlfriend thought it looked great.

Unfortunately I have to wait for the lease on my M340xdrive to be completed before I upgrade to a G80, which means placing an order at the end of this year. I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #47
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Planning to order later this year when all the hype dies down and there are some incentives. Right now the dealers I've talked to have people on wait lists and what I have seemed to gather is it might be 6-8 months before delivery anyways with the model year about to switch over. Then to add taking delivery in the winter time means I'll have to spend another 3-4k on a winter wheel package. So maybe a March delivery in 2022 is what I may be looking at. I'm thinking a tanzanite M3 with full black interior, carbon trim, wheel upgrade (not sure which one yet), executive package, red calipers, m shadowline lights, extended shadowline trim, and manual transmission of course. Still kicking around the idea of the M Carbon exterior package. I figure an aftermarket diffusor might run around 2k and I don't feel like the rest of the package adds to much to it for the price.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels

Last edited by MrSmileyDC; 05-24-2021 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #48
sm1010
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp X-Drive

Resolved

Last edited by sm1010; 06-23-2021 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #49
Cail4827
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

I had a really good experience with Kevin out of Alexandria. Not sure if he can work magic for you but im sure he will try
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 05:24 PM   #50
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1010 View Post
Anyone had an above average experience at any of the DMV locations (excluding Fairfax)? Looking to get an order in asap and am not getting the responses I'm looking for with my current dealer. Any rec's or contacts are greatly appreciated... seems like allocations for these are slim? Looking to place an order asap.
Problem is most don't have allocations and there are wait lists with folks in the queue. With the model year about to change over you're realistically looking at 6-8 months for a custom order car. I'm probably ordering in the fall for a spring delivery, but who knows what all the supply chain delays will do over the next few months.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 12:36 AM   #51
HVACBOSS
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cail4827 View Post
Im not that good at writing things up but let me give it a shot to let everyone know how things went for me.

Caveat - First BMW. Previous two cars were the 2020 Audi S5 and before that the 2018 Lexus RC 350. Ive always loved the BMW brand but just never pulled the trigger. Everything here is my personal opinion

External - I have the M4 but I have to say the M3 is just as impressive and maybe slightly better looking but I'm happy with the looks of the 2 door. I never had any real issues with the grill but like a lot of people have said once you see it in person it really becomes a non-factor. I put the license in the middle which I really hated but I work for a federal law enforcement agency so that was a given for me. Getting the black exterior I opted to not spend the extra on the external carbon fiber package. I figured it would get lost with all that black. Not disappointed in that decision. I also got the car with the Sunroof instead of the carbon fiber roof. I have always had sunroofs and its just something I prefer. This sunroof is slightly different as it rolls into the car instead of laying on top like most cars. I found that interesting. Overall the looks are genuine. I rolled down to the National Harbor and people were taking pics of the car. Was going around the beltway and had 2 separate people pull up shooting videos. I have ordered the M Performance spoiler/wing because I want to give it a little more oomph and ill post pics once its installed. Also, I ordered the car with red calipers but they came with blue. Im miffed about that as I still feel the red is the better option for a black car. But with that being said the blue matches with the laser lights so its doable but if you you're mulling it over. Go red.

Internal - I did get the internal carbon fiber trim and its done really well. I was also glad I ordered the normal seats. Im not a big guy 5'7 180 and carbon fiber seats were painful. Looks wise the carbon fiber seats are superior but the normal ones look nice too and you can actually sit in them for more than 5 minutes. I did make a mistake by ordering the all black interior. Next time ill get a different color, the black is nice but with this car you want wicked, mean, aggressive and the black is not that. One thing, my phone didn't fit in the charging dock. Because of the case it was too big. Thats on BMW. They didn't factor that in and that's a poor design error. Also, who decided where to put the cup holders. They are useless where they are. Turning the cooling seats to high sounds like you're taking off in an airplane. What the hell. Why? Its just loud and annoying.
Another thing I was disappointed in, there's maybe 12 different interior lighting choices. Maybe you can change that somehow but it only has orange, green, purple, blue and some variations of that. No red. I get it. Real world problems please, but screw that, give me more options here. lol. If you can have orange you can have red.

Dash - I ordered the executive package and the M drive professional. Both musts in my opinion. Im still playing with all of the buttons on the dash and the options. The interface takes a little getting used to and I immediately turned off the gesture control. Ive been told that all US M4's had Sirius xm radio left off by accident and will be getting a fix for it. The radio is really good but I felt lacking in the bass. It does have an equalizer and ill spend some time tuning it later. Im not happy with the ease in changing the driver display. Its not as easy to change the settings as the Audi was and I haven't gotten it where I want yet. The heads up display was a must for me. Never cared about it before I got it but, especially with this car, you don't want to be looking down as you're accelerating. A split second could be the last second. One nice feature was the cars ability to tell you where speeding/red light cameras are. That was nice especially driving around the DC area. Connecting my Samsung was a breeze.
One thing I didn't know and took some playing around with. To set the 10 step traction control you must first turn on the drift analyzer. It took me a little bit to figure that out. Not sure why that is but that's what it took for me.

Driving - Here is what I'm guessing most of you want to know. Turning this beast on was magical. Just raw, put it in drive, and smash windows now kind of moment. I am being responsible and trying to stick to the 1200 mile rule. But its painful. Im actually a little nervous to drive this thing because I have never driven a car with this much power. You can just feel it. The dark side of the force is with me. Power. Raw Power. Being new to BMW I had a momentary mistake as I had it in paddle shifting mode instead of Drive and I fish tailed all over the place as I was expecting shifting and there wasn't any. it was a scary moment. Newbies R Us. Comfort mode was smooth and Sport plus was jarring but fun. I can't wait to dig into it more and become better accustomed to how it performs. This thing is an adult toy and it'll make you want to hit the garage to just sit in it. It does feel heavy but that's not a bad thing.

Negatives - There was a smell in it that made me a little sick. Im guessing its from the shipping or something. Not sure if anyone else experienced that or not but I had to open the windows for a bit to air out the car. This also just might be me but the drivers side mirror obstructs your left view a little bit. It was weird I've never had that problem before in any other car. My Valentine One hated something in the car as the Laser warning kept triggering. The phone charging thing was....

I love the car though so far. If you're in the area you know it got cold and I don't feel like leaving the apartment atm. but once it heats up again ill be hitting the road and finding areas that I can open it up more. I heard from a friend.... that at 100+ its realllll smooth.

I tried to hit some spots that everyone else isn't talking about. if you have any question don't hesitate ill try to answer them.
im in the DC area and have the M4 Comp are you going to kies motorshow if not lets meet up!
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2021, 01:35 AM   #52
KiloCo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota// 22 G82 M4 Comp

HVACBOSS, very informative. although I just got my production number yesterday for a 2022 M4 Brooklyn grey,( Los Angeles) I may have a couple of questions probably around November.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2021, 12:40 PM   #53
navalpain
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i +G80 M3 Comp

Ordered and got my allocation on Friday from BMW of Alexandria!
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #54
CMW33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Has anyone here dealt with Andrii at BMW of Alexandria? Planning to order my M3 and trying to figure out if he is a straight shooter. He is promising he can have my car well before year-end. Just want to make sure there isn't some angle I'm missing here.
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #55
navalpain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
Has anyone here dealt with Andrii at BMW of Alexandria? Planning to order my M3 and trying to figure out if he is a straight shooter. He is promising he can have my car well before year-end. Just want to make sure there isn't some angle I'm missing here.
I would go and speak to Abid Abouta, he sold me my G80 Comp and got me my allocation/production number before I left the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 08:21 PM   #56
CMW33
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by navalpain View Post
I would go and speak to Abid Abouta, he sold me my G80 Comp and got me my allocation/production number before I left the dealer.
Thanks--will do
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 08:24 PM   #57
navalpain
Rep

Also, I seriously doubt that you will get the car "well before the year end" If you order it now, you might get it before January.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #58
blittle887
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Picked up my frozen Portimau blue metallic M3 Comp from BMW of Alexandria a few weeks ago.
Attached Images

Grumpy514624.50
maelfyn153.50
      09-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #59
CMW33
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle887 View Post
Picked up my frozen Portimau blue metallic M3 Comp from BMW of Alexandria a few weeks ago.
Beautiful. How do you like the color, seeing it in person? My daughter really wants me to get this color but because I am basic, I am leaning toward Alpine White.

Last edited by CMW33; 09-07-2021 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #60
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle887 View Post
Sweeet. Time to have a local meetup this Fall. Or we can meet at a Cars and Coffee on a Saturday or Sunday coming up.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #61
behjjeh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3, 911

Quote:
Sweeet. Time to have a local meetup this Fall. Or we can meet at a Cars and Coffee on a Saturday or Sunday coming up.
let us know if local meetup is setup. i will bring mine as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #62
SpIndeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Where is the Cars n Coffee, and what time? I just picked up m3 xdrive last month from BMW Alexandria.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #63
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Does anyone in DC metro have carbon bucket seats? I would love to see/sit for a few minutes.

I'm here on business while at the same time finalizing my order for a new M3CX. Expecting allocation next week.

I would REALLY appreciate the chance to check out the CF seats because that's what I want to order. I've only sat in the M Sport seats so far.

Happy to drive to you and meet in your preferred place.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #64
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by weefmower View Post
Does anyone in DC metro have carbon bucket seats? I would love to see/sit for a few minutes.

I'm here on business while at the same time finalizing my order for a new M3CX. Expecting allocation next week.

I would REALLY appreciate the chance to check out the CF seats because that's what I want to order. I've only sat in the M Sport seats so far.

I'm in the Alexandria/Mount Vernon area and could likely meet you on Sunday, the 26th. Let me know.
      09-25-2021, 05:31 PM   #65
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Quote:

I'm in the Alexandria/Mount Vernon area and could likely meet you on Sunday, the 26th. Let me know.
Sounds excellent! I'll DM you. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #66
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

Quote:
Sounds excellent! I'll DM you. Thanks!!
Glad we connected. Good luck with your M3 and as you experienced the carbon seats are special, and comfortable for some
folks....in my opinion they make the car special more than any other interior option. And, of course you want the carbon fiber exterior.....just my 2 cents....
kith_m4186.50