BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-13-2023, 07:45 AM   #1
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

PDC front Sensitivity....can it be coded?

All:

Now that I've had my car for a few days, I'm noticing that when I'm pulling into a parking spot, my garage or my parking garage at work, the front PDC and camera comes on, shall we say, quite a bit later than I would like. Is there any coding that can increase the sensitivity or range of the sensors? Compared to my Porsches and especially my Tesla, it comes on quite late.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 09:18 AM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Interesting, I think mine is super aggressive lol. It starts going crazy at like a full 2 feet away from a wall.

Perhaps ask the dealer to recalibrate?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 10:03 AM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Interesting, I think mine is super aggressive lol. It starts going crazy at like a full 2 feet away from a wall.

Perhaps ask the dealer to recalibrate?
Yeah, that's my problem. By the time it comes on, it's usually red or at least orange. My wife's Cayenne comes on earlier, usually even before the alerts start.

Maybe I got spoiled by my Tesla which started about 4' out and gave you exact distances measured in inches. I guess I could also add some GPS locations for the panoramic camera, but that doesn't help in random parking spaces.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Yeah, that's my problem. By the time it comes on, it's usually red or at least orange. My wife's Cayenne comes on earlier, usually even before the alerts start.

Maybe I got spoiled by my Tesla which started about 4' out and gave you exact distances measured in inches. I guess I could also add some GPS locations for the panoramic camera, but that doesn't help in random parking spaces.
Not sure that's an issue of sensitivity but more on the sluggish/lag of iDrive 8. I notice that sometimes, but I'm also not speeding at a wall so it doesn't bother me all that much lol.
Appreciate 0