G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

09-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #45
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CysVet View Post
It'll be interesting to see if I get an allocation next month since we've been neighbors on the wait list! I haven't heard anything from my salesperson.
Ya keep me posted!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 03:54 PM   #46
amuk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus RX350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmalho2 View Post
So I got an email this morning from the SA from Bill Jacobs stating:

"Thank you for ordering your BMW M3 with us. We are still keeping an eye on your order status. I will reach out when I get an update."

I responded back with, hey thanks, I have a change to the build that I submitted 3 months ago, here is the updated build code. Also, where am I on the waiting list? Do I have a chance for an allocation next month?

"Thank you for the updated order. I will save this in your file. The order bank is no longer arranged in order of the oldest to newest anymore but a little more digging shows that you are next in line to get the M3 Comp xDrive Allocation. We should have an allocation for you next month."

My question to the audience: Does this response make sense to any of you all? I am just a little weary especially with what has happened to other forum members such as MassComp recently with their allocations or orders getting taken away...
They may just be referring to the fact that there are separate lists for non-comp, comp, m3, m4, and AWD. So at least six separate waiting lists. At least that's how it was back when I got my car from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 04:07 PM   #47
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin V8 Vantage, M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuk View Post

They may just be referring to the fact that there are separate lists for non-comp, comp, m3, m4, and AWD. So at least six separate waiting lists. At least that's how it was back when I got my car from them.
Whenever I have asked about my position on the waitlist it's taken a little time to get back to me, so I think they must have a few lists going and it may not be as straightforward as it may seem. So far they've seemed to be on the up and up.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #48
ChurchDog
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuk View Post
This is the impression I got when I recently joined the wait list. CA was specific on my number and the list I was on (M3XC).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #49
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchDog View Post
This is the impression I got when I recently joined the wait list. CA was specific on my number and the list I was on (M3XC).

Ya previously the CA was always specific with me and gave me an actual number. This time around he hasn't... guess we will find out in a week or so.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 04:41 PM   #50
Discstu347
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi/porsche

Orland park has this in stock. Let me know if anyone is interested

https://www.bmwoforlandpark.com/new/...2ae50d62fa.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 05:11 PM   #51
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discstu347 View Post
Orland park has this in stock. Let me know if anyone is interested

https://www.bmwoforlandpark.com/new/...2ae50d62fa.htm
Thanks for the heads up! If those had the bucket seats, I'd be at the dealership right now!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 09:26 AM   #52
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Update:

I sent a note out yesterday morning as I started to realize that allocations were being given out (based on other forum member posts), so I sent an email to my CA at Bill Jacobs asking if I got an allocation and what the update is.

Here is the latest response as of today morning:

"Yes, BMW gave us a lot of allocations. Our General Sales Manager is working through them. I will have more information over the next few days."

Anyone get called up yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #53
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Update:

I sent a note out yesterday morning as I started to realize that allocations were being given out (based on other forum member posts), so I sent an email to my CA at Bill Jacobs asking if I got an allocation and what the update is.

Here is the latest response as of today morning:

"Yes, BMW gave us a lot of allocations. Our General Sales Manager is working through them. I will have more information over the next few days."

Anyone get called up yet?
No updates thus far. I'll let you know as soon as I hear!
Appreciate 1
vmalho2687.00
      10-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #54
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
CysVet You should have received an allocation because you were before me by a week or so; I think you will hear on Monday if you haven't heard back today. If you don't hear anything, then I feel like Bill Jacobs is either lying to me or they don't have their shit in order.

My CA told me (for real this time, or at least I hope), that I am next and I missed out on October by a person in front of me. Apparently and according to my CA, BMW didn't assign allocations to the cars in the order bank so it was being done manually by Bill Jacobs; I didn't make the cut.

Now, I did have a broker reach out to me and they found a deal at MSRP in Arizona. I don't mind driving the car back to the Chicago area as I will break it in pretty quickly, but I did want to trade in my current 5 Series. If anyone is interested, I can connect you to the broker, it's a $900 brokerage fee.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 02:11 PM   #55
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
CysVet You should have received an allocation because you were before me by a week or so; I think you will hear on Monday if you haven't heard back today. If you don't hear anything, then I feel like Bill Jacobs is either lying to me or they don't have their shit in order.

My CA told me (for real this time, or at least I hope), that I am next and I missed out on October by a person in front of me. Apparently and according to my CA, BMW didn't assign allocations to the cars in the order bank so it was being done manually by Bill Jacobs; I didn't make the cut.
Let's hope for Monday!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #56
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

I had placed an order for my I4 M50 at Bill Jacobs and feel they have been very deceptive with their order bank. While I was 2 months into the wait, one person just walked in and got an allocation and didnt even have to pay over MSRP. Its all about who your CA is. I personally spoke to their sales manager and he was also non comital about how the allocations were handled but def there is something fishy going on. They do MSRP which is good and also do the costco pricing but somehow, if you knew someone on the inside or ur CA was aggressive, you will have a better chance at securing an allocation. When I enquired about placing a deposit for an M3 there, they said their wait list was in the 30's. So Dont know who is jumping the list and how many are being sold outside the list. Maybe better if you talked to their sales manager directly.
Appreciate 1
vmalho2687.00
      10-03-2022, 09:24 AM   #57
Teamganzfc
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Allocation

I was number 12 or so for an M3 at Bill Jacobs in March. They emailed me last week for an allocation (I actually already had gotten an M3 from another dealer, so I didn't take the allocation). I was sort of surprised but it does seem there might be different lists based on what you want (mine was a base M3 (manual obviously).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #58
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Bill Jacobs Waitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamganzfc View Post
I was number 12 or so for an M3 at Bill Jacobs in March. They emailed me last week for an allocation (I actually already had gotten an M3 from another dealer, so I didn't take the allocation). I was sort of surprised but it does seem there might be different lists based on what you want (mine was a base M3 (manual obviously).
Yeah, it definitely looks like there are different lists for base, comp, and xdrive. I just reached out to my salesperson today, so it will be interesting to see what I hear back, as vmalho2 was told they missed out on an allocation by one spot, and I was one spot ahead on the waitlist.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 12:50 PM   #59
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

@vmalho2 just heard from my salesperson. I'm still reportedly #4 on the list. He replied very quickly (which is unusual when I ask about the wait list) so maybe October allocations haven't been distributed yet? My guess would be poor communication internally rather than anything nefarious, but who knows. For what it's worth he said I'd likely be looking at a build in November/December.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #60
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
@vmalho2 just heard from my salesperson. I'm still reportedly #4 on the list. He replied very quickly (which is unusual when I ask about the wait list) so maybe October allocations haven't been distributed yet? My guess would be poor communication internally rather than anything nefarious, but who knows. For what it's worth he said I'd likely be looking at a build in November/December.
I believe allocations were already distributed. Sidenote: I have come across out of state allocations at MSRP from various forum members and brokers recently. It appears as if the demand is starting to cool off a little bit or supply has seen a slight uptick or maybe both.

If I don't get the allocation next month, I am pulling out of the list and going out of state.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #61
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I believe allocations were already distributed. Sidenote: I have come across out of state allocations at MSRP from various forum members and brokers recently. It appears as if the demand is starting to cool off a little bit or supply has seen a slight uptick or maybe both.

If I don't get the allocation next month, I am pulling out of the list and going out of state.
I'm not in a huge rush. I ended up buying a Macan S as a stop gap car because I needed something to take my elderly parents to doctors appointments. Also I'd rather get the car in the early spring than late winter, and put off buying winter wheels and tires for a bit longer!
Appreciate 1
vmalho2687.00
      10-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #62
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

vmalho2 Just heard from my sales person. (Out of the blue.) He estimates that I'm three weeks out from a production number. Hopefully that means you'll get one soon too!
Appreciate 2
vmalho2687.00
      10-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #63
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
vmalho2 Just heard from my sales person. (Out of the blue.) He estimates that I'm three weeks out from a production number. Hopefully that means you'll get one soon too!
I haven’t heard anything concrete yet; I’m still getting vague responses and I keep updating my build, over $100K now… maybe I should stop checking the forums every day lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 03:16 PM   #64
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't heard anything concrete yet; I'm still getting vague responses and I keep updating my build, over $100K now… maybe I should stop checking the forums every day lol
Maybe that's the idea! Make us wait longer so we go crazy and add more options. Even those ceramic brakes have started to seem reasonable recently
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 01:47 PM   #65
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

So I couldn't resist, but I sent a note to the CA at Bill Jacobs again; he told me there isn't an update and it takes a week for all the allocations to come in. So still waiting.

Then I decided to follow up with Orland Park since I am on that list too. The CA there told me I am next in line now, there were 3 people in front of me and theirs orders got filled....

I will laugh if both dealers call me with an allocation
Appreciate 1
CysVet115.00
      11-01-2022, 08:03 PM   #66
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
So I couldn't resist, but I sent a note to the CA at Bill Jacobs again; he told me there isn't an update and it takes a week for all the allocations to come in. So still waiting.

Then I decided to follow up with Orland Park since I am on that list too. The CA there told me I am next in line now, there were 3 people in front of me and theirs orders got filled....

I will laugh if both dealers call me with an allocation
Looking at the November allocations thread, it looks like they should be coming out in a week or so.
Appreciate 0