BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-03-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
NawafG80M3
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

G80 service manual

Hello all.

Ive been trying to find a service manual for my g80 m3, i found this manual and i was wondering if there is anyone who tried it before and can share his experience?

https://bmwmanualspro.com/product/20...repair-manual/
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
forcefed2439.00
colo3Kid153.00
      10-03-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

They have 2023 already, interesting...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Nice

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawafG80M3 View Post
Hello all.

Ive been trying to find a service manual for my g80 m3, i found this manual and i was wondering if there is anyone who tried it before and can share his experience?

I saw your post about the manual site and decided to order one for my 2022 G82CX. I did the ordering all online. A receipt was emailed almost immediately with a link back to the site and the manual's description that I just ordered, plus another link to download the manual; I thought? When I ordered I used a card and not PayPal and I got another email notification from PayPal that my order had gone thru.

However, that link to download the manual was just a 1 page pdf with requests for make, model, year, VIN etc. But those requests were not linked to another location? And I presumed that I had provided all the necessary info when I selected the manual from their webpage?

There was however, another line in the email receipt that said the link to the manual might take 24 hours before actually providing it. Well, I got a little anxious since by day 2 1/2 I had used up all my attempts (3) to download the manual using the link that just kept giving that 1 page pdf. So I started to get a little concerned that this was maybe a scam?

So I sent a reply to the first email attempting to describe my efforts at downloading the manual and only getting the 1 page pdf. But that reply went undeliverable, twice! So now I was more concerned and decided to check the charges on my card. Well the manual had been charged almost immediately and was not pending?

I decided to call my card company and begin a disputed claim, after all it was now October 7 and I had made my order on October 4. Well the following day, October 8, I got a reply from the merchant concerned about the dispute received by the card company. And it turned out they sent another email that morningwith a link to the manual and felt like they had sent the merchandise but were not getting paid now. That second email had a link to download the manual via google drive. I gave it a shot hoping for the best and it turned out it worked -- plus scanning a couple of sections of the manual seemed legitimate. I say that because there were parts of it that referred to G80 configurations/info and not G82? This is an interesting point that I'll mention later.

I then contacted the card company to stop the dispute, but could not since it was in process. I described to the claims person what had happened and that I was able to download the manual but now the merchant wanted his money; of course. I replied to the merchant's email complaint about the filing of the dispute and said he should contact the card company and make another charge and he should get paid. Also in my reply I mentioned that I had not been able to download the manual after 24 hours and only got the 1 page pdf and felt concerned by day 3. In his reply he thanked me for paying for the manual and said my manual was VERY NEW and it took the extra days to compile because of that (I haven't checked the whole manual's contents but as I said earlier there are sections that are headed with reference to the G80 and that's probably ok depending on the section since they should have G8x info and may not need specific details to either model?)

At this time, there has been no further issues. Sorry for the length of this note but good luck to the next buyer, hope this helps with your specific experience.

I still am in processing of reading the sections to glean whatever valuable info is contained therein? We'll see if it is worth the $89.99
Appreciate 1
Kaiz3n0.00
      10-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
NawafG80M3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo3Kid View Post
Quote:
Hello all.

I saw your post about the manual site and decided to order one for my 2022 G82CX. I did the ordering all online. A receipt was emailed almost immediately with a link back to the site and the manual's description that I just ordered, plus another link to download the manual; I thought? When I ordered I used a card and not PayPal and I got another email notification from PayPal that my order had gone thru.

However, that link to download the manual was just a 1 page pdf with requests for make, model, year, VIN etc. But those requests were not linked to another location? And I presumed that I had provided all the necessary info when I selected the manual from their webpage?

There was however, another line in the email receipt that said the link to the manual might take 24 hours before actually providing it. Well, I got a little anxious since by day 2 1/2 I had used up all my attempts (3) to download the manual using the link that just kept giving that 1 page pdf. So I started to get a little concerned that this was maybe a scam?

So I sent a reply to the first email attempting to describe my efforts at downloading the manual and only getting the 1 page pdf. But that reply went undeliverable, twice! So now I was more concerned and decided to check the charges on my card. Well the manual had been charged almost immediately and was not pending?

I decided to call my card company and begin a disputed claim, after all it was now October 7 and I had made my order on October 4. Well the following day, October 8, I got a reply from the merchant concerned about the dispute received by the card company. And it turned out they sent another email that morningwith a link to the manual and felt like they had sent the merchandise but were not getting paid now. That second email had a link to download the manual via google drive. I gave it a shot hoping for the best and it turned out it worked -- plus scanning a couple of sections of the manual seemed legitimate. I say that because there were parts of it that referred to G80 configurations/info and not G82? This is an interesting point that I'll mention later.

I then contacted the card company to stop the dispute, but could not since it was in process. I described to the claims person what had happened and that I was able to download the manual but now the merchant wanted his money; of course. I replied to the merchant's email complaint about the filing of the dispute and said he should contact the card company and make another charge and he should get paid. Also in my reply I mentioned that I had not been able to download the manual after 24 hours and only got the 1 page pdf and felt concerned by day 3. In his reply he thanked me for paying for the manual and said my manual was VERY NEW and it took the extra days to compile because of that (I haven't checked the whole manual's contents but as I said earlier there are sections that are headed with reference to the G80 and that's probably ok depending on the section since they should have G8x info and may not need specific details to either model?)

At this time, there has been no further issues. Sorry for the length of this note but good luck to the next buyer, hope this helps with your specific experience.

I still am in processing of reading the sections to glean whatever valuable info is contained therein? We'll see if it is worth the $89.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo3Kid View Post
Quote:
Hello all.

Thank you for sharing your story, it will help a lot and im happy that it turned out well for you after all you have been through. I will take the chance soon to buy when i have acquired the funds.

You mentioned that the first e-mail did not go through, how did you reach them afterwards?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #6
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

I was able to communicate with them only after the disputed claim got their attention and they contacted me. I had no luck contacting them first until the disputed claim was made by my card company.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #7
G8XM3
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

interested in this, wonder if its worth it and has all the relevant information
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #8
G8XM3
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Just an update.

I placed an order yesterday night and got the download link this morning for the G80 workshop manual.

Its 100s of multiple PDF files organised in order (approx 5gb worth)
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2022, 01:27 PM   #9
NawafG80M3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8XM3 View Post
Just an update.

I placed an order yesterday night and got the download link this morning for the G80 workshop manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8XM3 View Post
Just an update.

Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 08:13 AM   #10
Zircon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4CX, MT09, YZF-R1

Tried ordering a few weeks ago but, for people outisde US, it was throwing a "There are no shipping options available" error.

It's fixed now, so I got my hands on the 2023 M4 Service Manuals
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #11
johnsheller2
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Tried ordering a few weeks ago but, for people outisde US, it was throwing a "There are no shipping options available" error.

Can you share your experience with BMW Manuals PRO. I am about to buy a repair manual for my vehicle. Did they send you manual immediately or it was delayed? I wonder because many websites say they will send the download link after week or days.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #12
Anderson11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post

About to order a 2023 G82 manual from these guys. In your opinion is it worth $80.00? Is it the equivalent of a Bentley Service manual? I have one for my e90 and its 6" thick and really comprehensive...
      11-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #13
johnsheller2
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

Just made a purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson11 View Post
About to order a 2023 G82 manual from these guys. In your opinion is it worth $80.00? Is it the equivalent of a Bentley Service manual? I have one for my e90 and its 6" thick and really comprehensive...
Got my manual for G82, Its a 1400 files rar, and each file has 500+ pages. there are about 40 section, like Engine, cooling system etc. Its massive.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 12:18 PM   #14
Anderson11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsheller2 View Post
Got my manual for G82, Its a 1400 files rar, and each file has 500+ pages. there are about 40 section, like Engine, cooling system etc. It's massive.
Thanks.
      11-22-2022, 03:34 AM   #15
Zircon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4CX, MT09, YZF-R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsheller2 View Post
Can you share your experience with BMW Manuals PRO. I am about to buy a repair manual for my vehicle. Did they send you manual immediately or it was delayed? I wonder because many websites say they will send the download link after week or days.
It took 21 minutes from payment to delivery. That includes an email from me which specifies the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson11 View Post
Pretty happy with the manual. The only big problem I see is the fact that you can't easily search through all it. 1043 PDF files, 5.1 GB of data. Organized by folders, files named accordingly.
However, I doubt Adobe Acrobat can open and search through a single 5.1 GB PDF so ...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 03:21 PM   #16
NawafG80M3
Rep

Dear Acim, do you know a way to get them legally? I really would like to work on my car by myself.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 12:17 PM   #17
zoejohn23
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 G07

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
They have 2023 already, interesting...
Well we are talking about the BMW 2023 manuals, they already have the BMW 2024 Manuals
https://bmwmanualspro.com/product-tag/bmw-2024-manuals/

Check this out
Appreciate 0