12-01-2022, 07:35 PM   #111
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by emescopa View Post

The real disappointment has been the pzero summers. I now know what folks mean when they say they 'lost the tire lottery'. I've come to despise the pzeros so much so that I'm considering swapping them today (about 45 days earlier that I have in past years) bc the pzeros are so horrible in sub 50ºF temps, and IMO, useless/terrifying in the wet. I came out of a RWD manual (F82) M4C with MP4Ss, so I'm well aware of how to encourage oversteer, as well as how good tires perform in cooler wet temps, and the pzeros have been beyond disappointing.

Good luck in your decision regardless!
https://www.evo.co.uk/tyre-reviews/1...ance-tyre-test

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/t...y.jsp?ttid=269

The problem here is that alot of people are going to read your post and think you actually have a clue about tires.

Last edited by Forzanerazzurri; 12-01-2022 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 11:28 AM   #112
amuk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus RX350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emescopa View Post

The real disappointment has been the pzero summers. I now know what folks mean when they say they 'lost the tire lottery'. I've come to despise the pzeros so much so that I'm considering swapping them today (about 45 days earlier that I have in past years) bc the pzeros are so horrible in sub 50ºF temps, and IMO, useless/terrifying in the wet. I came out of a RWD manual (F82) M4C with MP4Ss, so I'm well aware of how to encourage oversteer, as well as how good tires perform in cooler wet temps, and the pzeros have been beyond disappointing.

Good luck in your decision regardless!
https://www.evo.co.uk/tyre-reviews/1...ance-tyre-test

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/t...y.jsp?ttid=269

The problem here is that alot of people are going to read your post and think you actually have a clue about tires.
Although, I have no reason to disagree with this statement from the review as I've loved every second of my Pzeros in the wet:

"The most engaging and rewarding tyre on the wet circuit, the Pirelli put together a great overall performance. On road it was impressive, matching refinement with connected, tactile steering, and if it had delivered in dry handling it might have taken the win overall."

I do wonder if the review would have been different if tested on a RWD vehicle. Perhaps that's why so many prefer the PS4S in that application?

EDIT: Nvm. overlooked the TireRack review. Looks like they did test on a RWD F36 and liked the Pzeros on a wet track.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #113
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuk View Post
Since it's been so hard to source winter tires for the stock 19/20 setup, I'll be running Alpin PA4's 295/30/20 rear and 265/35/19 in the front.

I know this isn't ideal especially with the wider rear tires, but my trusted performance auto shop ran this same setup on their g80 last winter and didn't have any complaints.

I'll let you all know how this works out for me once I get them installed and run them for a couple weeks.
I did something similar with my PA4s that I got at the tail end of this past winter, except running 275s in the rear. Working fine.
Appreciate 1
amuk148.00