BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-16-2023, 02:47 AM   #111
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Performante,Z4 M40i,Trackhawk

I'm located in Germany, ordered the car around January 26th, received my order confirmation and BMW order number on January 31st.

Still no build week, nothing. Which is quite annoying because I already know two German customers and one Italian who already received their build weeks (mid April).

My sales guy says I shouldn't worry and that this means nothing, I will definitely get a car since I already got a BMW order number but I am not worried that I won't get one, I am just worried that my dealer is going to delay "my" car, so he can get an early car for good customers. My sales guy says they would never do that, it is a first come first serve policy and I already bought two cars from them over the past 12 months but still...I'm worried.

In my order confirmation, there is the explicit "wish" of mine that I want an early car but I guess this isn't worth anything.

When I ordered the car, the sales guy estimated that I am going to get a car latest June but this was based on his experience with the regular M3 at his dealership (huge one with many local dealerships in other cities).

All I can is just...wait and hope for the best.
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #112
Emtoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTC3000 View Post
I'm located in Germany, ordered the car around January 26th, received my order confirmation and BMW order number on January 31st.

Still no build week, nothing. Which is quite annoying because I already know two German customers and one Italian who already received their build weeks (mid April).

My sales guy says I shouldn't worry and that this means nothing, I will definitely get a car since I already got a BMW order number but I am not worried that I won't get one, I am just worried that my dealer is going to delay "my" car, so he can get an early car for good customers. My sales guy says they would never do that, it is a first come first serve policy and I already bought two cars from them over the past 12 months but still...I'm worried.

In my order confirmation, there is the explicit "wish" of mine that I want an early car but I guess this isn't worth anything.

When I ordered the car, the sales guy estimated that I am going to get a car latest June but this was based on his experience with the regular M3 at his dealership (huge one with many local dealerships in other cities).

All I can is just...wait and hope for the best.
What happened to your text from yesterday about the upcoming bmw process to seek prior bmw ownership and racetrack info before continuing with the M3 CS order/delivery process?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 10:51 AM   #113
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtoo View Post
What happened to your text from yesterday about the upcoming bmw process to seek prior bmw ownership and racetrack info before continuing with the M3 CS order/delivery process?
This was a misunderstanding from my part.

The dealer received a production slot (June/July I think) my sales guy wasn't happy with because he knows I need the car fast.

To get an earlier production slot, BMW M GmbH needed to be convinced that I'm an enthusiast, not a flipper.

Long story but no matter how this ends, I have a car secured because I already have a confirmation and order number.

I misunderstood the whole thing and actually thought that BMW M is refusing to allocate me a car and this is why they collect additional information (M cars in the past, how many BMWs, if I'm track racing and what car I use, etc.). M GmbH does not allocate directly to customers (unless it is a VIP customer...I guess), the dealers do.

Sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 11:08 AM   #114
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
This was a misunderstanding from my part.

The dealer received a production slot (June/July I think) my sales guy wasn't happy with because he knows I need the car fast.

To get an earlier production slot, BMW M GmbH needed to be convinced that I'm an enthusiast, not a flipper.

Long story but no matter how this ends, I have a car secured because I already have a confirmation and order number.

I misunderstood the whole thing and actually thought that BMW M is refusing to allocate me a car and this is why they collect additional information (M cars in the past, how many BMWs, if I'm track racing and what car I use, etc.). M GmbH does not allocate directly to customers (unless it is a VIP customer...I guess), the dealers do.

Sorry for the confusion.
Why do you “need the car” fast?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 07:41 AM   #115
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcheese View Post
Why do you “need the car” fast?
Why does it matter for you?

Only thing I can say is: I plan to keep the car for a couple of years.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 10:40 AM   #116
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Why does it matter for you?

Only thing I can say is: I plan to keep the car for a couple of years.
Doesnt matter. Just curious. Ive never heard that before
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 05:27 PM   #117
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M50i, M2C MT | '18 M3

Garage List
It’s weird how the orders got filled. I was thinking every US M-authorized dealer would have got an email asking to submit “1” order. That’s how I submitted mine with my dealer. A friend who lives in a different city reached out to his local dealership and they haven’t received any email or word on M3CS yet.. strange process..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 04:22 AM   #118
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcheese View Post
Doesnt matter. Just curious. Ive never heard that before
Don't worry, I haven't heard about this before either.

Dealer received a production slot but apparently it was too late (sales guy knows I want the car fast), they haven't told me when.
Sales guy only told me that I am getting a car (I already have a confirmation and order number), this has been confirmed but it seems that BMW M provides early production slots for early cars to good customers first because they are afraid of flippers. The later flippers get their cars, the less likely they can profit from them to full extent. This is the theory(!) I heard.
Not sure if this is the same in the US but in Germany, I have to sign a declaration (together with the order) that after receiving the car, I won't sell it for 6 months. My dealer is even worse: I have to register the car on my name through him only once the car arrives. Not sure if this is BMW policy or my dealer's policy. I'm OK with it since I do not plan to flip the car.

To answer your question why I need it fast: I plan to drive to a few car events in the car, also my son can't wait that we get it and frankly, I do not want to drive it in winter time over here in Bavaria. The nicest weather is between April and October, so I hope to get it as soon as possible. The dealer put June in the contract but the date is not binding in the way they formulated it in the order. All I know for sure is that I get a car. Everything else is...luck.

Last edited by RTC3000; 02-22-2023 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-22-2023, 04:25 AM   #119
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokguru View Post
It’s weird how the orders got filled. I was thinking every US M-authorized dealer would have got an email asking to submit “1” order. That’s how I submitted mine with my dealer. A friend who lives in a different city reached out to his local dealership and they haven’t received any email or word on M3CS yet.. strange process..
Or they already sold that car or want to keep it for themselves (ordering it for an existing customer but not really for him, this is what some dealerships do...I heard). Many customers won't even find out since the communication works mostly through the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 10:49 AM   #120
bordins
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 CS G80 and M3 CS F80

Quote:
Don't worry, I haven't heard about this before either.

Dealer received a production slot but apparently it was too late (sales guy knows I want the car fast), they haven't told me when.
Sales guy only told me that I am getting a car (I already have a confirmation and order number), this has been confirmed but it seems that BMW M provides early production slots for early cars to good customers first because they are afraid of flippers. The later flippers get their cars, the less likely they can profit from them to full extent. This is the theory(!) I heard.
Not sure if this is the same in the US but in Germany, I have to sign a declaration (together with the order) that after receiving the car, I won't sell it for 6 months. My dealer is even worse: I have to register the car on my name through him only once the car arrives. Not sure if this is BMW policy or my dealer's policy. I'm OK with it since I do not plan to flip the car.

To answer your question why I need it fast: I plan to drive to a few car events in the car, also my son can't wait that we get it and frankly, I do not want to drive it in winter time over here in Bavaria. The nicest weather is between April and October, so I hope to get it as soon as possible. The dealer put June in the contract but the date is not binding in the way they formulated it in the order. All I know for sure is that I get a car. Everything else is...luck.
As I have already written in previous post I have already received my order number some days ago and the start of production week should be the 13th week (March).

I don't know if Bmw policy is similar in Italy, but in my case I think I'm a good customer, this is the 12th BMW I've bought since 1998 to present and at the moment I own one of ten M3CS F80s officially arrived in Italy in 2018.

But I can tell you one thing in particular:
None of the 4 M3 CS G80 colors I really like and I was undecided.
My M3 CS is configured: Brookling Gray, Gold Wheels, CUP2 Tires, red calipers and dark glass.

A few days ago I tried with my dealer to change the color from Brookling gray to Signal Green and an alert appeared in the dealer's system saying that in the event of a color change, the production week would be rescheduled 12/16 weeks later.
We don't know why, my dealer said me that Signal green and Solid Frozen white are Individuals color and probably these colors require a longer wait, in normal models it is usually like this.

For the moment I have not changed anything and the production week remains 13/2023.

One question: what do you think of the 4 colors presented by BMW for the M3 CS?
Which one do you prefer?

RTC3000 Maybe in your case if your color is Signal green or Solid White you have received a later production week... but this is just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 12:49 PM   #121
geighty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokguru View Post
On the 18th of Feb I received a call from my local dealer. This was a dealer that never got any or email to place an order when all the dealerships were. They received an email on the 18th and called me and asked me what I wanted and that they had an hour to place it. Placed it and was happy since the ADM was much lower.
      02-22-2023, 04:13 PM   #122
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

I did Frozen white, gold ccb, cup2, gold wheels.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-22-2023, 04:52 PM   #123
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M50i, M2C MT | '18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geighty View Post
On the 18th of Feb I received a call from my local dealer. This was a dealer that never got any or email to place an order when all the dealerships were. They received an email on the 18th and called me and asked me what I wanted and that they had an hour to place it. Placed it and was happy since the ADM was much lower.
Seems then those emails are being sent in different slots to dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 09:26 PM   #124
M3Pilot09
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

M3 CS

Signal Green

Black Wheels

Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 04:26 AM   #125
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordins View Post
As I have already written in previous post I have already received my order number some days ago and the start of production week should be the 13th week (March).

I don't know if Bmw policy is similar in Italy, but in my case I think I'm a good customer, this is the 12th BMW I've bought since 1998 to present and at the moment I own one of ten M3CS F80s officially arrived in Italy in 2018.

But I can tell you one thing in particular:
None of the 4 M3 CS G80 colors I really like and I was undecided.
My M3 CS is configured: Brookling Gray, Gold Wheels, CUP2 Tires, red calipers and dark glass.

A few days ago I tried with my dealer to change the color from Brookling gray to Signal Green and an alert appeared in the dealer's system saying that in the event of a color change, the production week would be rescheduled 12/16 weeks later.
We don't know why, my dealer said me that Signal green and Solid Frozen white are Individuals color and probably these colors require a longer wait, in normal models it is usually like this.

For the moment I have not changed anything and the production week remains 13/2023.

One question: what do you think of the 4 colors presented by BMW for the M3 CS?
Which one do you prefer?

RTC3000 Maybe in your case if your color is Signal green or Solid White you have received a later production week... but this is just my opinion.
I believe you, don't worry.

I got my order number on January 31st but my dealer received a late production slot (he didn't want to tell me when, so I guess pretty late) and he knows I want the car earlier. Big dealer with many locations but I was number one on his list.

It has nothing to do with the color: Only if you switch from a normal color to a special color, it can delay production because BMW apparently has certain production weeks when they paint these special colors only to facilitate the process.

My car is Sapphire black, ordinary black, nothing special about it. Also, I haven't changed/switched anything.

Ordered the car on January 26th (I think, could be 25th), received the order confirmation and order number on January 31st.

I will get a car 100%, this is not the issue at hand but to "plan" production for my car, it seems M Gmbh wants specific details about my previously owned M cars, what BMWs I own now and how many and if I drive on the track and what car I use for that purpose.

With your BMW M history, it makes sense that you get an early car.

My dealer hasn't heard back from M GmbH, which (in his opinion) is a good sign. Let's hope for the best.

Btw: I know owners who have a confirmed production week of 12 and 13 for Signal Green and Frozen Solid White.

Last edited by RTC3000; 02-23-2023 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-23-2023, 06:01 AM   #126
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:

I believe you, don't worry.

I got my order number on January 31st but my dealer received a late production slot (he didn't want to tell me when, so I guess pretty late) and he knows I want the car earlier. Big dealer with many locations but I was number one on his list.

It has nothing to do with the color: Only if you switch from a normal color to a special color, it can delay production because BMW apparently has certain production weeks when they paint these special colors only to facilitate the process.

My car is Sapphire black, ordinary black, nothing special about it. Also, I haven't changed/switched anything.

Ordered the car on January 26th (I think, could be 25th), received the order confirmation and order number on January 31st.

I will get a car 100%, this is not the issue at hand but to "plan" production for my car, it seems M Gmbh wants specific details about my previously owned M cars, what BMWs I own now and how many and if I drive on the track and what car I use for that purpose.

With your BMW M history, it makes sense that you get an early car.

My dealer hasn't heard back from M GmbH, which (in his opinion) is a good sign. Let's hope for the best.

Btw: I know owners who have a confirmed production week of 12 and 13 for Signal Green and Frozen Solid White.
What does it matter if you drive on track or not? In the states there seems to be no such thing on who the client is, I would have hope so since between my self and family we bought over 20 bmws and 10 of them being mine. Never tracked my cars but love doing the bmw M driving school events. Now if they want you to drive the CS on the track would be freaking cool, being it’s somewhat a track focused model of the M3.

Last edited by 4DRS55; 02-23-2023 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 06:54 AM   #127
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
What does it matter if you drive on track or not? In the states there seems to be no such thing on who the client is, I would have hope so since between my self and family we bought over 20 bmws and 10 of them being mine. Never tracked my cars but love doing the bmw M driving school events. Now if they want you to drive the CS on the track would be freaking cool, being it’s somewhat a track focused model of the M3.
I have no clue. Dealer got a mail from M GmbH to reply to those particular questions and they would get back to the dealer next week (this week) with a production date. Mind you, I live in Germany.

Last edited by RTC3000; 02-23-2023 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
4DRS551257.50
      02-23-2023, 09:08 AM   #128
Clemenza
Banned
Rep
Drives: my feets

Quick walk thru of the CS

Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-23-2023, 10:13 AM   #129
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

This is the car on display in Munich (BMW Welt). I plan to go and take a look at it the coming weekend.
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00
      02-23-2023, 01:38 PM   #130
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
I cant wait for this thing. Going to be incredible.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #131
bordins
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 CS G80 and M3 CS F80

Quote:
This is the car on display in Munich (BMW Welt). I plan to go and take a look at it the coming weekend.
I was thinking the same thing, because I'm so curious to see Solid Frozen White in real life, if I like it I could change my order with this color.

Not sure yet but I'm planning to take a flight from Turin or Milan Saturday morning to go to Bmw Welt, take a look the M3 CS and come back in the evening.

Last edited by bordins; 02-24-2023 at 03:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 06:38 AM   #132
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordins View Post
I was thinking the same thing, because I'm so curious to see Solid Frozen White in real life, if I like it I could change my order with this color.

Not sure yet but I'm planning to take a flight from Turin or Milan Saturday morning to go to Bmw Welt, take a look the M3 CS and come back in the evening.
Sunday would be a better idea since you can book online (make sure you book it in time!!!) a BMW Genius appointment where the BMW employee takes you closer to the M3 CS and explains everything. Not sure it is available in English but at least you get to sit in the car and see the interior up close.

https://www.harmony.stream/mac/VJ4LM...dtgcv9FZ2AEUdh

It is free.
Appreciate 1
bordins145.00