No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "RockinPA;28722499"
Love it man. That's how I want mine to sit!

Spacers? Which size?
I have Pirellis, running 15mm in the rear and 12mm in the front due to rubbing. I originally had 10mm front and 12mm rears. Was disappointed with the look. So I bumped it up.
I was thinking 12 all around but maybe I will go 15 in rear. No rubbing will happen in rear anyway. It looks really good!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:37 PM   #68
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I was thinking 12 all around but maybe I will go 15 in rear. No rubbing will happen in rear anyway. It looks really good!!
You will not regret by going with 15mm in the rear. It gives the car an amazing look. I would definitely not recommend 10mm in the front.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4855.50
      03-23-2022, 10:41 PM   #69
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "RockinPA;28722525"
You will not regret by going with 15mm in the rear. It gives the car an amazing look. I would definitely not recommend 10mm in the front.
I think that's what I'll do now. I do love how the rear looks with the 15s. Thanks dude!
Appreciate 1
iviegatron2543.50
      03-24-2022, 01:20 AM   #70
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I agree. The G82 and KW combo seems to work just fine. But on the G80, that ass looks saggy to me.
KW made me wonder why their highest is that low

Thats because of the fender set up- The G80 has more of a cowl

Stock vs Stock

This was the day I went to get the M4 on the right and ended up with the G80 on the left.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0[/img]
It's the same way for the F80. The rear arches cover a bit more wheel.

Here's where it gets tricky:

True corner balanced at all 4 corners on my F80, and I'm assuming also the G80, will end up with a rear end that has a smaller gap than the front. I almost guarantee that all G80's with even gap on factory wheels and spec size tires, despite looking visually even, actually have a forward rake ie more weight on the front tires than the rear. That's perfectly fine for street driving. However this can lead to a loose rear end during hard braking and can affect high speed turn in with trail braking on the track. For me, braking from 140mpg to 70 in a matter of feet to hit a sharp left turn became much more scary than it already was.

So when I had my track focused M3 CS re-balanced, I had to lose the front rake and the rear gap ended up being noticeably smaller than the front. Despite this, the car was actually properly balanced. Braking improved after that.

The front wheel arch is bigger because it has to account for compression even while the front wheels are turned left and right and the tire actually has to extend outside that lip. That means it needs more clearance. The rear wheels don't turn left and right, so it doesn't need to be as big. It can be tucked.

What I like about how the M4 is setup, is that it can be perfectly balanced, yet still have a more even gap front to back, because it seems they made the rear wheel wells slightly larger than they are on the G80.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 5
barryc3651956.00
Vic5519491.50
tom @ eas8250.00
r33_RGSport12982.00
      03-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #71
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post

True corner balanced at all 4 corners on my F80, and I'm assuming also the G80, will end up with a rear end that has a smaller gap than the front. I almost guarantee that all G80's with even gap on factory wheels and spec size tires, despite looking visually even, actually have a forward rake ie more weight on the front tires than the rear. That's perfectly fine for street driving. However this can lead to a loose rear end during hard braking and can affect high speed turn in with trail braking on the track. For me, braking from 140mpg to 70 in a matter of feet to hit a sharp left turn became much more scary than it already was.

So when I had my track focused M3 CS re-balanced, I had to lose the front rake and the rear gap ended up being noticeably smaller than the front. Despite this, the car was actually properly balanced. Braking improved after that.

The front wheel arch is bigger because it has to account for compression even while the front wheels are turned left and right and the tire actually has to extend outside that lip. That means it needs more clearance. The rear wheels don't turn left and right, so it doesn't need to be as big. It can be tucked.

What I like about how the M4 is setup, is that it can be perfectly balanced, yet still have a more even gap front to back, because it seems they made the rear wheel wells slightly larger than they are on the G80.

Makes all the sense in the world-- I dont know what my measurements were before my drop on the G80 but I made sure that the my current drop is even front to rear to maintain the level or "rake" and further Im not tracking the car.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
jmg18746.00
      03-24-2022, 01:50 PM   #72
r33_RGSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:

That's what I've been trying to explain on regular spring setup where its main purpose is to even out the gap and changing the front / rear weight ratio and balance.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
jmg18746.00
Vic5519491.50
      03-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #73
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
That's what I've been trying to explain on regular spring setup where its main purpose is to even out the gap and changing the front / rear weight ratio and balance.
LOL those were the aesthetic warriors talking ...

You are Ben Verstappen sir.
Appreciate 3
r33_RGSport12982.00
jmg18746.00
RockinPA4855.50
      03-24-2022, 09:17 PM   #74
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Huge thank you to r33_RGSport !!

Love it. Went with MSS.

15 spacer in front. We did chop off a couple blades in the wheel well to avoid the rub sounds. 12 in rear. Ben made a good point saying to go 12 in rear instead of 15 since I wasn't going quite as low. It looks great!!

Ben also installed my MP steering wheel, radar detector, and door projector lights.

Thanks to EAS this am for doing the PSI midpipe. It was a looooong day in the shops. My wallet needs some time to cool off now but god damn am I happy! Full post incoming.

Thank you to all for weighing in on this! Huge thanks to Ben, once again!!

Just a couple shots from today's shenanigans…
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
r33_RGSport12982.00
iviegatron2543.50
jmg18746.00
Vic5519491.50
Mashour754.50
Seedster2286.50
barryc3651956.00
Seandale520.00
      03-24-2022, 09:31 PM   #75
r33_RGSport
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

15 spacer in front. We did chop off a couple blades in the wheel well to avoid the rub sounds. 12 in rear. Ben made a good point saying to go 12 in rear instead of 15 since I wasn't going quite as low. It looks great!!

Ben also installed my MP steering wheel, radar detector, and door projector lights.

Thanks to EAS this am for doing the PSI midpipe. It was a looooong day in the shops. My wallet needs some time to cool off now but god damn am I happy! Full post incoming.

Thank you for your business and patience why we work on the car.

Here is another shot of steering wheel and the red audio button.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
RockinPA4855.50
Vic5519491.50
Seedster2286.50
      03-24-2022, 09:35 PM   #76
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Thank you for your business and patience why we work on the car.

Here is the steering wheel shot and the red audio button.

Oh I loved hanging out there, man! Thanks for having me.

How could I forget about the RED BUTTON?! Love that nice cosmetic touch!

Thanks again man. See you soon.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12982.00
      03-24-2022, 11:28 PM   #77
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Looking good!

Does the heated steering wheel function work?
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4855.50
      03-24-2022, 11:32 PM   #78
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Looks awesome! I need to ride in your car to see the ride difference between the KW and MSS kits!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4855.50
      03-25-2022, 12:29 AM   #79
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "RockinPA;28726165"

Love it. Went with MSS.

Looking good!

Does the heated steering wheel function work?
Thanks dude! Heated feature is lost with this steering wheel. I live in socal so this is a non issue. I have only driven about 50 miles or so with the new wheel but I love it!

Quote:
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Looks awesome! I need to ride in your car to see the ride difference between the KW and MSS kits!
Thank you dude! Absolutely! I will have to meet you at Adam's one of these nights man. I am loving it so far (about 50 miles…).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #80
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Hey man, well played and glad you got out to see Ben too.

Now did they make stupid jokes the whole time while they lowered your car? I told them "dont quit your day job"

LOLOL

Tell me about the ride and did you forget it was lowered on the way home? I do run EDC Sport for the dampers not Plus.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12982.00
      03-25-2022, 10:57 AM   #81
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Car looks gorgeous! How low are you on the collars? Your stance looks aggressive! Very very nice looking ride my man. Wow!
      03-25-2022, 09:12 PM   #82
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Hey man, well played and glad you got out to see Ben too.

Now did they make stupid jokes the whole time while they lowered your car? I told them "dont quit your day job"

LOLOL

Tell me about the ride and did you forget it was lowered on the way home? I do run EDC Sport for the dampers not Plus.
Thank you dude! Lol! Those guys over there were great! I had a blast hanging out over there while they dialed in the beast.

I have only driven about 50-60 miles so far but I love the ride so far. I've been in sport +, sport, and comfort. It rides nicely in all three but I do agree with you, so far, I think sport is a nice middle ground. I'm going to mess around with it more in the coming miles…

Thanks for all your help/ recommendations dude! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Car looks gorgeous! How low are you on the collars? Your stance looks aggressive! Very very nice looking ride my man. Wow!
Thank you so much dude! I love how it turned out! Ben made it exactly how I envisioned it! I can't thank him and his shop enough.

As far as the measurements, maybe Ben can chime in… I'm not too sure but would be good to know.

r33_RGSport
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12982.00
Vic5519491.50
      03-25-2022, 10:08 PM   #83
csmith5888
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4

Garage List
2021 BMW M4 G82  [9.75]
Quote:

Love it. Went with MSS.

Car looks great! Enjoy it.

I put the MSS kit on my G82 today with same spacer setup, 15 front and 12 rear. I see it rubbing at full lock on those blades where you said you trimmed. Any chance you could snap a pic of what it looks like after trimming?
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12982.00
RockinPA4855.50
      03-25-2022, 11:40 PM   #84
r33_RGSport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
His collar adjuster still have plenty of adjustment.
I would say right now at 1/3 of full length.
Appreciate 2
BIGW0RM3171.00
RockinPA4855.50
      03-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #85
csmith5888
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M4 G82  [9.75]
@r33_RGSport

I noticed that the mss kit does not have a set screw for the adjusters where other kits usually do. Is there any concern with the adjusters moving themselves from vibration at any point?
r33_RGSport12982.00
      03-26-2022, 03:06 PM   #86
r33_RGSport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith5888 View Post
@r33_RGSport

I noticed that the mss kit does not have a set screw for the adjusters where other kits usually do. Is there any concern with the adjusters moving themselves from vibration at any point?
It was my concern the first time I see their spring kit 2 years ago.
This when no one in BMW community even heard their Brand.
I took a shot at it with my X3MC, I checked the adjuster in a week, it doesn't move.
Months later, still at the same position.
Even when I took it off before I sell the car, still in the same position.

Based on my observation, adjuster won't move by itself when there is load on it.
I have installed many of them on different BMW platform (F87, G30, F90, F91/F92/F93, F97/F98, G05/G06, F95/F96, G80/G82), and I haven't seen a single one that moved by itself.
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4855.50
      03-26-2022, 03:24 PM   #87
csmith5888
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M4 G82  [9.75]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith5888 View Post
@r33_RGSport

It was my concern the first time I see their spring kit 2 years ago.
This when no one in BMW community even heard their Brand.
I took a shot at it with my X3MC, I checked the adjuster in a week, it doesn't move.
Months later, still at the same position.
Even when I took it off before I sell the car, still in the same position.

Based on my observation, adjuster won't move by itself when there is load on it.
I have installed many of them on different BMW platform (F87, G30, F90, F91/F92/F93, F97/F98, G05/G06, F95/F96, G80/G82), and I haven't seen a single one that moved by itself.

Ya i was assuming under load that must be holding it. When you have it in hand when it comes out of the box it seemed concerning but this makes me feel a lot better! Thanks again!
r33_RGSport12982.00
RockinPA4855.50
      03-26-2022, 06:15 PM   #88
Seedster2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Competition RWD

Wow! Drop and MP steering wheel look perfect. One of the best individual specs I have seen to date. congrats!
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4855.50
r33_RGSport12982.00