BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #7833
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
I remember our first interaction. You sent me a real zinger. Good thing for you that I have a great sense of humor.
Now that doesn't sound like me at all.

........and yes, I'm glad you have a sense of humor as well.
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane70882.00
      02-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #7834
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabrode View Post
Very nice comment. Thank you! Not too surprising, though, since I'm a filmmaker. I hadn't actually thought of my own story in cinematic terms. Hmm... A feature film would be seriously episodic, with incidents covering 50 years with yoyo weight from 165 to 265 to 185. Virtuosic costume magic and make-up artistry required! This would be perfect for Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis! (snowball in hell)
very interesting that your a filmmaker, your description and flow of events were like a film. I enjoy films that are based on true events. I will get in line to watch your movie!!
Appreciate 1
Megabrode335.00
      02-03-2021, 04:53 PM   #7835
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
I'm not sure you truly care to know.
I know who you are, that kid from NC
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #7836
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Negative, I'm from Michigan.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-03-2021, 05:13 PM   #7837
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Negative, I'm from Michigan.
But you CAN draw
      02-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #7838
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Probably the wrong thread to ask but since I was liberated from the dog house, I can't seem to forward friend requests and messages. Do I need a secret decoder ring? Being ignored? My self-confidence is taking a hit right now....

How long were you in exile? I’m kind of a newbie but don’t remember seeing you around.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 05:53 PM   #7839
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
It'd be funny to revive old threads, but the zest of OT has sailed, and it's best preserved stored in the archives.
The best ones can't be revived because they are locked shut. EPIC!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:02 AM   #7840
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]

that lawyer is a psycho bitch, i bet he had a grin too.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      02-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #7841
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

that lawyer is a psycho bitch, i bet he had a grin too.
Ha, that's actually his favorite movie. Good riddance to him!

Last edited by Sara; 02-04-2021 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
M5Rick60148.00
      02-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #7842
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Ha, that's actually his favorite movie. Good riddance to him!
you gave me the chills....

thank god im not in dating scene any more...
i had my share of stalkers, random notes left on my windshield.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #7843
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
you gave me the chills....

thank god im not in dating scene any more...
i had my share of stalkers, random notes left on my windshield.
The best one was a note left IN my car. Brought my 335is in for service at BMW in New Orleans years ago. I get in my car after it's finished the oil change and there's a note from the technician with his phone number I never called him.
Appreciate 4
Lady Jane70882.00
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
Dang3r12512.00
M5Rick60148.00
      02-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #7844
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
You sir are my idol! Hats off to you.
I give you so much credit for adapting to current times. I can’t and won’t. I don’t get why people can’t meet people the old fashioned way. In person! I don’t get the texting instead of talking and the online swipe instead of meeting people while going about your life. Maybe this belongs in the You know you’re old when thread. I will not do online dating profile.

Good luck to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
+1.

I'm 45 and absolutely refuse to do any online/app based dating. Anything worthwhile that's ever happened in my life has happened organically, including romance. Dating apps to me are just another video game you play on your phone to kill time. Go out and meet real, live people FFS.
And what do you think people do with online dating. Sit around virtually masturbating to each other's text messages or video chats? The goal is to meet up in real life and see if there is a connection.

I used to poo poo online dating too until I tried it. After the ringer I've been through with first meeting people in the usual social settings, it's a breath of fresh air to be able to see what the person is like by what the put in their profile. Even though many people will lie, omit, and essentially put their best foot forward, it's still very telling as to what the person is by what they do put up. It's all laid out and I can see immediately if there is anything in common we have. It's also telling when someone puts politics in their profile front and center.

If anyone has any notion that I haven't done anything to meet women in the traditional way, you can't get more exposed than the 2 decades of me being in the Salsa dancing scene from just being a dancer to an instructor.

I've meet some "interesting" women with my two months on two dating sites. But I have to say in general, it's been a positive experience. I wouldn't have been exposed to as many women as I have without wasting a ton of time to get to where I am now with a few options. Overall, it's been a positive experience and I didn't go into doing this with any expectations. If things work, great. If not, I'm back to where I started.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #7845
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

There was this seriously wounded woman after a heavy car accident, we flew her with a Huey to the next appropriate hospital.
The doctor and his first responder assistant were already off board and head towards the ramp where other personal were arriving with a mobile transport.
I'd opened the rear ramp door to get to the carrier locks and had to bend aside the transport bed to release the locks. She looked at me with her big brown eyes and try to smile and then she did a very weird thing. She lifted the blanket and showed me her flawless body with naked boobs but also many scratches and upcoming scars... man, I admit that I wasnt prepared for that and must recall myself to duty not to stare at them. But with a very broken voice she whispered and asked, which man would dated her after she got cured and have such marks onto her body.
I really dont know what to say at this moment and before I forgot to be a professional the other medics arrived and brought me outta this situation.
Later on we had a talk between the crew about this and we were also convinced, that this wouldnt affect her attractiveness.
But I would in this case understand, if shes considering some cosmetic surgery to feel more attractive. What I never understand are females with an average but attractive body, who let the surgeon do this and that just for...what? To fit the average opinion what beauty should be? C'mon, thats bollox! I would never refuse a women with maybe saggy boobs or few wrinkles, thats what the life had given us and we have to deal with our cards. With that being said, I would have no problems to kick a women out of my bed when I encounter fake breasts.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615336.00
      02-04-2021, 12:26 PM   #7846
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
But you CAN draw
Draw what? A blank? A bath? Blood? A smiley face? Flies like honey? A deep breath? A ship drawing water? Interest? A bow (as in arrow)? His knees into his chest? The shortest straw? The community for support? Tied in a game? A will? Comparisons? Of a cigarette? Another card?

Sorry, eating lunch and bored for the next 7 minutes.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615336.00
      02-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #7847
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Lunch?
7 minutes you could have spent doing something productive for the boss?

Monday I went out to review a network connection in the park, used for cameras.
"Hey, the bucket truck is here to do some training sessions. You want to get trained too?"

Had to go change my shorts just thinking about it.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615336.00
      02-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #7848
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
And what do you think people do with online dating. Sit around virtually masturbating to each other's text messages or video chats?
Mostly, yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #7849
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
"Hey, the bucket truck is here to do some training sessions. You want to get trained too?"

Ditto, which is why I have people (read: contractors with bucket trucks) to do the aerial stuff.

Sorry, but these 10 little piggies (just had to stop typing and take inventory) stay on terra firma at all times.....
      02-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #7850
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

On the subject of surgery/modification, I have a question...

If you had a birth mark, would you have surgery to have it removed? Or where/what size would it have to be, in order for you to consider surgery?

I'll show you why after a few responses (SFW, don't worry! :Lol: )

Last edited by Tambohamilton; 02-04-2021 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #7851
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
But you CAN draw
I've been sketching for erotic novels during my off time. It's turned out to be quite lucrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Draw what? A blank? A bath? Blood? A smiley face? Flies like honey? A deep breath? A ship drawing water? Interest? A bow (as in arrow)? His knees into his chest? The shortest straw? The community for support? Tied in a game? A will? Comparisons? Of a cigarette? Another card?

You'll have to sift through old locked threads for my artwork. Many say it eclipses Lonnie Holley or Picaso himself.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #7852
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have meds for you.
Oh yeah? I might be interested.

Quote:
Lunch?
7 minutes you could have spent doing something productive for the boss?

I spend the other 11 hours and 30 minutes being productive....that is when I'm not on here. Shhhhhh.

Speaking of bucket truck training, I just finished a certification training for a new maintenance guy on an 80' boom lift. 44 degrees, feels like 35....80' in the air with 18mph winds feels much colder than 35. I asked the guy if had a fear of heights, he said no. The look on his face when I rotated the turntable at full speed, extended completely out confirmed that was a lie.....you aren't the only one needing a change of shorts this afternoon. In all seriousness, the trainee did well. He sure as hell wasn't expecting the swing that accompanies full extended rotation while traversing. Is it sadistic of me that I like to watch manly men almost vomit from fear?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #7853
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I've been sketching for erotic novels during my off time. It's turned out to be quite lucrative.

You'll have to sift through old locked threads for my artwork. Many say it eclipses Lonnie Holley or Picaso himself.
I'd be interested in seeing some of your sketches. I'm a former tattoo artist. Love to see other people's original artwork. Would you be interested in emailing me some of your work?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #7854
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
On the subject of surgery/modification, I have a question...

If you had a birth mark, would you have surgery to have it removed? Or where/what size would it have to be, in order for you to consider surgery?

I'll show you why after a few responses (SFW, don't worry! :Lol
It depends on what it looks like. I have a birth mark on my leg that’s pretty cute, so I’m keeping it. If I had an ugly birth mark and surgery was the easiest, most cost efficient way to remove it, I’d have it removed regardless where on my body it is. If it’s ugly, what’s the point in keeping it?

I had a tattoo I didn’t like, so I removed it. It didn’t matter the location on my body, it didn’t matter that I could easily hide it if needed, it’s the fact that I knew it was on me and I didn’t want it on me.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60148.00