BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #23
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Thats true, I live in Virginia and I am sure dealers will sell more xdrives due to our unpredictable weather. Also performance wise i am sure that will be a decision factor.
Im in this dilemma myself where Im thinking about xdrive for weather reasons. the car comes with sport 4s tires though which means id have to buy a set of winter tires even with xdrive and if im buying a set of winter tires anyway rwd would be fine lol I have an M240i xdrive now and got caught in a snowstorm or two with my MPSS tires and it was absolutely terrifying. Xdrive cannot save you when you have zero traction haha Its probably gonna come down to the additional cost of xdrive...if its 3k or less id go for it but i wouldnt be surprised if it was like 5k
I imagine the AWDs will have an option to come from the factory with All Seasons on them. I'll probably still augment those with a set of proper winter tires though.
Almost certain there will be no all season option for the M3/M4 awd. Awd is intended as a performance benefit so they would not hamper any M car with inferior grip tires from the factory.
Some data points
-M5/m8 awd and no all season option
-Even more relevant to confirming you won't see any M car with all seasons, X3M and X5M are awd suvs and still no all season tire option
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #24
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
I started a thread on this topic almost a year ago and people chimed in. Check it out: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1689059

In my case I'll probably wait to test drive the G80 Competition RWD in ~March and then once the AWD schedule is confirmed for next summer I'll place an order for an early AWD vehicle.
I will wait for the AWD M3C . I love my current m340 xdrive. It would not be a track car so not terribly interested in weight, would be my daily driver. The idea of getting a car similar to mine but faster and sharper handling, also more upscale interior is attractive. Dark over dark will help understate the grill
I have fully committed to waiting as much as it pained me... lease ending in 8 weeks, I ordered an m340 xdrive that went into production this week.... I wanted xdrive as non negotiable and my dealer already had deposits intended for their first few xdrive models so I wasn't looking at getting one till next xmas at the earliest and that would have still been at some premium over invoice. Figure I will spend 2 years happy as year 1 the xdrives won't even be available and year 2 pricing settles. The the third year of the lease I will be kicking myself while I wait out the last 12 months to finally get an M3 (on the plus side it should be an updated LCI 1.0 model)
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      10-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #25
Bimmr7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/G80 M3 Comp on Ord

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
I decided to buy now as I needed to take advantage of military pricing before I leave next Summer. Would’ve loved an AWD version though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #26
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

I'm gonna wait until Dec of 2021 until those nice finance credit offers come up. The X3M and X4M have in my area $5500 finance credit now! I'm going to keep this car until it croaks. I'm looking to get RWD even if the AWD is available and I think that will help me a bit more because the AWD will sell more and hopefully give me an advantage in negotiating price for the RWD Comp. Let's see...
Appreciate 0