BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-14-2020, 08:54 PM   #177
jailonacs99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (F82)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealOrosie View Post
Don't get your hopes up. If the ventilated seats are anything like my F90 M5's were, they are worthless. They basically blow ambient air, not chilled. I hope BMW has fixed this.
Even ambient would be perfect for me. I love driving with my windows down on country roads but the heat inevitably makes my back sweat, and with no ventilation or circulation back there I get out with a soaking wet back & shirt. I don't need it to feel cool, I just need the air flow to wick away the moisture.

I'm stoked for the ventilated seats too; that and AWD were two of my must have features for my next car. And I'd rather have another M4 than an X4M so these features sets are looking great. I just hope the AWD is $2K or something and not more. That would already put my build over the $85K mark. If they price Ultimate Care plans like they do on the current F82 it's getting to $90K!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 10:36 PM   #178
MomoM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i / 2012 X5 40i

What is the build code to spec the black chrome tailpipes on the base manual? The Canadian configurators list that option as "$0 Without Exterior Lines Designation".

Edit: Found this on the Canadian ordering guide but can't tell whether 3DE or Z0T adds the black chrome tailpipes. And either option deletes other gloss black bits?? I don't get it.

3DE Without Exterior Lines Designation
3DE will delete STD or 100% equipment 7M9

Z0T Without Exterior Lines Designation
Z0T will delete STD or 100% equipment 7M9

7M9 High-Gloss Black Exterior Contents
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:18 AM   #179
CCM11285
Rep
Drives: 19 BMW 440i

Just looking at the canadian configurator, the base model manuals already come with the shadowline trim and black chrome tail pipes as standard

US option code for this is 7M9 "Extended shadowline trim"

If you go to the german configurator, there's a 0$ option for shadowline trim as the base manual comes with chrome tail pipes and body colored mirrors as standard
Appreciate 1
MomoM3440.50

10-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #180
MomoM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i / 2012 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM11285 View Post
Just looking at the canadian configurator, the base model manuals already come with the shadowline trim and black chrome tail pipes as standard

US option code for this is 7M9 "Extended shadowline trim"

If you go to the german configurator, there's a 0$ option for shadowline trim as the base manual comes with chrome tail pipes and body colored mirrors as standard
Perfect. This helps a ton, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #181
weingarm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
Finally vented seats!

For those of you in cold climates, you don't understand how priceless that option is. Here in Miami, it is a must.
Don't get your hopes up. If the ventilated seats are anything like my F90 M5's were, they are worthless. They basically blow ambient air, not chilled. I hope BMW has fixed this.
I have the F90 M5 ventilated seats. Yes it just circulates air behind your back but in climates like Miami, southern Louisiana, Texas, Atlanta in summer this air circulation evaporates sweat and cools you off. Once the A/C kicks in after a few minutes the ventilated seats can be turned off. But they do have a role in extremely hot & humid climates.

10-19-2020, 10:59 PM   #182
jailonacs99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (F82)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
Finally vented seats!

For those of you in cold climates, you don't understand how priceless that option is. Here in Miami, it is a must.
I have the F90 M5 ventilated seats. Yes it just circulates air behind your back but in climates like Miami, southern Louisiana, Texas, Atlanta in summer this air circulation evaporates sweat and cools you off. Once the A/C kicks in after a few minutes the ventilated seats can be turned off. But they do have a role in extremely hot & humid climates.
It's in the name too after all; "Ventilated seats", not "Cooling Seats". It's a huge step up from a solid slate of cow hide against my back.
Appreciate 1
JTO242873.50