BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Question Help timing G80 purchase

I have the 2nd G80 allocation at a high volume dealership in the NYC area and I need to time a lease end on my M3 CS. I am thinking February is the earliest that we will see cars being delivered. The Sales Manager at my dealership is saying my car will be here in December....I don't think he really knows what he's talking about. He's not an enthusiast, he wasn't even aware you couldn't get 6MT in the Competition Pack, etc.

December would be catastrophic as my lease isn't up until April and I would have to jump out early to switch to the G80 (that is being ordered to my specs).

Can anyone please weigh in.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

You need to find out what the build/production start is for your allocated HEA car. Your dealer will know. Once the car starts production 6-8 weeks would be the norm. Sometimes with HEA cars it can be held up a little bc they want to try and release them all roughly the same time.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
You need to find out what the build/production start is for your allocated HEA car. Your dealer will know. Once the car starts production 6-8 weeks would be the norm. Sometimes with HEA cars it can be held up a little bc they want to try and release them all roughly the same time.
This is not an HEA car. This car is a normal allocation. Does that matter?
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
This is not an HEA car. This car is a normal allocation. Does that matter?
the first wave of cars are HEA cars (they can be modified) if they have second allocation (I dont know how allocations are stacked up yet, last time I checked with my sales guys we figured december we would get Feb allocation which would be the first wave of M allocations, for us)

nonetheless, whatever your situation is, if your dealer has you dialed in they WILL have the build/production start date so I would just ask them for that. Once you get that you can estimate based off the numbers I stated earlier

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:01 PM   #5
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

I was told if you were to go for a non HEA car... then it's gonna be at earliest Jan production and Mar delivery. My current lease is up in March so I needed that to line up as well
      09-30-2020, 11:54 AM   #6
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
the first wave of cars are HEA cars (they can be modified) if they have second allocation (I dont know how allocations are stacked up yet, last time I checked with my sales guys we figured december we would get Feb allocation which would be the first wave of M allocations, for us)

nonetheless, whatever your situation is, if your dealer has you dialed in they WILL have the build/production start date so I would just ask them for that. Once you get that you can estimate based off the numbers I stated earlier
My lease ends in January so I'm looking at an HEA allocation, (only allocation my dealer has right now), and he says it's a January build. Plenty of time to make changes but he doesn't have the lease rates for the G8x yet so we're waiting on that from BMWUSA before we can discuss the actual numbers, and if favorable, proceed. Any thoughts on when BMW will provide that?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick955 View Post
My lease ends in January so I'm looking at an HEA allocation, (only allocation my dealer has right now), and he says it's a January build. Plenty of time to make changes but he doesn't have the lease rates for the G8x yet so we're waiting on that from BMWUSA before we can discuss the actual numbers, and if favorable, proceed. Any thoughts on when BMW will provide that?
I would imagine with a January build you would see the car like us in March so I would think that programming would roll out December if I had to guess at the latest.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #8
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would imagine with a January build you would see the car like us in March so I would think that programming would roll out December if I had to guess at the latest.
Yeah, March is what we are expecting but wow, Cutting so tight.
Hope we'll still have time to make changes! I may just have to wait for a regular allocation.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10777.50
      09-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #9
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have a non HEA allocation with a tentative December build. I am expecting a production number by the end of October.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a non HEA allocation with a tentative December build. I am expecting a production number by the end of October.
That's interesting. I thought the HEA cars would be built before any regular allocations. My dealer said regular allocations haven't even been given out yet and those builds won't start until February. They don't even have the order guides yet.

What about the lease rates? If you have a December build, based on what GOLFFRR said, BMW would need to provide that info far earlier!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #11
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That's interesting. I thought the HEA cars would be built before any regular allocations. My dealer said regular allocations haven't even been given out yet and those builds won't start until February. They don't even have the order guides yet.

What about the lease rates? If you have a December build, based on what GOLFFRR said, BMW would need to provide that info far earlier!
They don't have the allocations (officially) and they don't have the order guide. But they have received guidance unofficially on when their first allocations will go into production. I have the 2nd allocation. Whatever the residuals/lease rates are is what I'll pay.

The Canadian order guide lists 11/20 as start of production. It lists that date along with all the options, including Frozen Orange paint (my choice and a color not available on HEA allocations).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #12
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They don't have the allocations (officially) and they don't have the order guide. But they have received guidance unofficially on when their first allocations will go into production. I have the 2nd allocation. Whatever the residuals/lease rates are is what I'll pay.

The Canadian order guide lists 11/20 as start of production. It lists that date along with all the options, including Frozen Orange paint (my choice and a color not available on HEA allocations).
Cool. Thanks. I'd rather have a full choice of options too so I'll hope for the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, March is what we are expecting but wow, Cutting so tight.
Hope we'll still have time to make changes! I may just have to wait for a regular allocation.
pricing is usually released 3/4 months prior to first wave of deliveries so thats why Im thinking December would be my guess. Also expect to see February allocations hit dealers in December as well.

Appreciate 2
Rick955458.50