BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

05-31-2021, 09:20 AM   #1
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Ceramic pro 5 layer & 3M PPF & tint

Decided a few weeks back to utilize ceramic pro - 1st time having a car coated... and while I am still in the “curing” phase, I am so pleased with this decision. The paint required a bit of correction, but it looks INSANE, the BSM is truly beautiful, and in this moment... black was a good choice

3M nano (forgot their name) 25% tint all around - left front glass alone.
1 stage paint correction
PPF front end, rockers, door panels. pillars, carbon top, door cups etc
Ceramic pro gold package - 5 layer coating and man, she pops!!!
Few misc nick-nack items incl partial tail lights, side reflectors etc.
Marine coating on front glass - repels water

Pretty stoked, now just need to make my muffler appt on Tuesday, and I’ll be content for a bit 😃
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
translux481.00
Foggins1334.50
ando2002.00
chicagofan0019153.50
      05-31-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Wow that looks incredible!!! How long does 5 layers get for protection...5 years?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Wow that looks incredible!!! How long does 5 layers get for protection...5 years?
Foggins if installed by ceramic pro “shop certified” shop, this 5 layer application has a lifetime warranty.

You simply bring it in (at minimum) every 11th month per the specifications stated in the warranty booklet, and they inspect and spot touch-up any areas needing attention, which keeps lifetime warranty in-tact, and at no additional charge. Me being a pessimist- if I never bring the car back in, it defaults to a 5 year. This guy details all my cars, so I trust him!

Parts that sold me- it hits carfax etc.on reporting IF done through the certified installer etc. so, big pro for me as I can enjoy low maintenance upkeep with brushless car wash, bring in to him for the annual inspection and when a hard detail is needed, and leverage in future sales negotiations... if/when time comes.

Until then, nothing but smiles with this thing.

All in all- very happy with it!
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      05-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
Foggins if installed by ceramic pro “shop certified” shop, this 5 layer application has a lifetime warranty.

You simply bring it in (at minimum) every 11th month per the specifications stated in the warranty booklet, and they inspect and spot touch-up any areas needing attention, which keeps lifetime warranty in-tact, and at no additional charge. Me being a pessimist- if I never bring the car back in, it defaults to a 5 year. This guy details all my cars, so I trust him!

Parts that sold me- it hits carfax etc.on reporting IF done through the certified installer etc. so, big pro for me as I can enjoy low maintenance upkeep with brushless car wash, bring in to him for the annual inspection and when a hard detail is needed, and leverage in future sales negotiations... if/when time comes.

Until then, nothing but smiles with this thing.

All in all- very happy with it!

Ahh...great info, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #5
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Looks awesome!

Do you mind me asking what the 5 layers of Cermaic cost? I assume it's a fair bit more than your standard ceramic coating?

I need to get mine booked in for some protection. Was thinking of doing it myself but I really don't have the time so may as well get it done once and done right
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 03:49 PM   #6
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Looks awesome!

Do you mind me asking what the 5 layers of Cermaic cost? I assume it's a fair bit more than your standard ceramic coating?

I need to get mine booked in for some protection. Was thinking of doing it myself but I really don't have the time so may as well get it done once and done right
Thank you! barryc365
This ran 1,600-

He also offered a 2 layer for 995, Which had a 5 year warranty! Decided for 600 to go 5 layer and see what this lifetime warranty was all about!

So far, so good!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 11:59 PM   #7
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
I am getting my ceramic pro 9h tomorrow! The car looks so wet, did they a great job on the prep. Di you get Kavaca up front? That is what I am going with.
Make sure you get a good warranty with Kavaca; when it first came out in Minnesota a lot of people got it but road salt/brine did not mix well and everyone I've talked to here has moved to Xpel or STEK. Not sure where you're located (or if you'll even drive in the winter) but worth asking about in case they improved it by now.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 09:17 AM   #8
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
I am getting my ceramic pro 9h tomorrow! The car looks so wet, did they a great job on the prep. Di you get Kavaca up front? That is what I am going with.
That’s it!!! Couldn’t remember the name... Kavaca!
The 9H is some seriously good stuff! How long are they quoting for your turn around time? BSM_G808 excited to see yours as well- post some pics if you don’t mind when you pick up.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 09:19 AM   #9
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Make sure you get a good warranty with Kavaca; when it first came out in Minnesota a lot of people got it but road salt/brine did not mix well and everyone I've talked to here has moved to Xpel or STEK. Not sure where you're located (or if you'll even drive in the winter) but worth asking about in case they improved it by now.
I live in N TX so we stay pretty warm- good to know though for sure!
Appreciate 0