04-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #111
G80XLV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 M3 Comp xDrive  [0.00]
Anybody else having fitment issues? The passenger side filter box is hitting the strut bar causing rattles. Now they want me to uninstall and send back to see if they will refund? Tried adding a washer which alleviated some of the rattle but thought to myself — why am I doing this for a $1400+ intake.

I already paid $280 for install (went with a highly reputable shop that previously had a Dinan account). Now need to pay again for uninstall? I definitely regret purchasing and they want me to send back prior to making a decision on refund. $400+ labor. At this point I could’ve went with Eventuri. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Attached Images

04-22-2024, 03:01 PM   #112
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XLV View Post
Anybody else having fitment issues? The passenger side filter box is hitting the strut bar causing rattles. Now they want me to uninstall and send back to see if they will refund? Tried adding a washer which alleviated some of the rattle but thought to myself — why am I doing this for a $1400+ intake.

I already paid $280 for install (went with a highly reputable shop that previously had a Dinan account). Now need to pay again for uninstall? I definitely regret purchasing and they want me to send back prior to making a decision on refund. $400+ labor. At this point I could’ve went with Eventuri. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Don't do that. Doesn't sound like something the Dinan tech support staff would have said and none of the staff recall a intake rubbing inquiry or have a support ticket with such an issue. If I had to guess you probably were communicating with the Holley line and not Dinan directly. I would reccommend reaching out to us directly at 1-800-341-5480 or through support@dinancars.com with any pictures you have and they can assist in resolution.

That said, my first guess would be the lower box isnt fully seated or one of the rubber hoses isnt fully seated which is having the intake sit slightly higher. The one car in shop here now has ~1/2" of clearance on that section with the intake and factory brace. Since the intakes all come from the same mold and once together have very little movement its hard to see much discrepency from that without some other condition involved.

Regardless, reach out and we will see if we can figure out what may be at play.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 03:08 PM   #113
G80XLV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 M3 Comp xDrive  [0.00]
The box is seated correctly with zero space to fit any lower. We tried checking for any play and without the washer, the strut bar sits directly on top of the box. Under light load, there is a rattle due to contact point.