2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Quote:
I recently did buy and get installed the M Performance Exhaust, whether or not people agree with that. I'm honestly still looking for something more....and think I would like to get rid of at least the first resonator (the front one, the one that is not combining the two pipes).

Is the midpipe titanium? If removing the resonator and welding straight pipes in place of it, I am concerned the weld may not be good if not done correctly. Anyone heard concerns about this? Thank you!
I'm hoping to install my MPE this weekend. My G80 already has a PSI mid pipe, so I can give you an idea of what it'll sound like with no resonators or secondary cats.

Also, the OEM mid pipe, and majority of aftermarket ones are steel.
Thanks. Would love to see that. You like the psi midpipe?
I like it a lot. At times it's a bit much, specifically cold start. I'm in the military, and as a senior member at my command, it's sometimes a bit embarrassing firing her up as I have a spot right at the front.
Appreciate 1
dimab0233.50
      02-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #574
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
I recently did buy and get installed the M Performance Exhaust, whether or not people agree with that. I'm honestly still looking for something more....and think I would like to get rid of at least the first resonator (the front one, the one that is not combining the two pipes).

Is the midpipe titanium? If removing the resonator and welding straight pipes in place of it, I am concerned the weld may not be good if not done correctly. Anyone heard concerns about this? Thank you!
Where did you get the MPE exhaust and do you have any pics or video clips of it ?

how much was it if you don't mind me asking
      02-02-2022, 09:08 PM   #575
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Thank you. Thought it was titanium. I'll find someone in Chicago that may be able to do it. Thanks again!
Any chance I can check out the MPE in person in Chicago? I am going to have my Toronto Red M3 delivered very soon and MPE would be one of the first things I want to do.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:10 PM   #576
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
I'm hoping to install my MPE this weekend. My G80 already has a PSI mid pipe, so I can give you an idea of what it'll sound like with no resonators or secondary cats.
Please let us know if the MPE just connects right to the PSI mid pipe without needing to hack it.
Appreciate 1
FISH225404.50
      02-02-2022, 09:57 PM   #577
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Probably another repetitive question in this thread, but...

After hearing the first video on the first post, I feel as if the video is not doing the true sound justice.

So my questions is, having just installed the PSI mid-pipe that gets rid of the secondary cats and primary and secondary resonator, how much louder would it get if I do the 'fully-opened valve' modification? Reason is, I feel as though those valves are stealing a lot of the thunder away from the sound now that I have an X-Pipe. So wondering if for those that have done both modifications feel is just right, too loud, or still not loud enough.

Note: I just finished reading all the posts on the "Opening Exhaust Flaps Fully" thread (again), and apparently, the consensus is that the valves are never truly open unless you lock them in the open position with a wire. So, I take it that unless you do this mod, the sound will still be diluted to an extent by the valves not being "fully opened".
The CG precision valve controller opens them fully. You can order it how you like too.

I ordered mine, default startup, always open. When activated again, it switches to OEM mode. Or vise versa.

Valves fully open cold start is similar to cold start and immediately going into sport plus mode, but PLUS about 5% more volume. Maybe more on cold start. Keep in mind, this is with OEM exhaust and mid pipe.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 02-02-2022 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #578
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m340 View Post
Quote:

Where did you get the MPE exhaust and do you have any pics or video clips of it ?

I got MPE through my dealer, I have been asking them for it since March 2021. They also installed it for me, though I regret that. They charged a ton for labor. I got the "kit" which includes diffuser, etc, for like $7300 (10% off).
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 10:47 PM   #579
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
Quote:
Thank you. Thought it was titanium. I'll find someone in Chicago that may be able to do it. Thanks again!
Any chance I can check out the MPE in person in Chicago? I am going to have my Toronto Red M3 delivered very soon and MPE would be one of the first things I want to do.
Sure. Message me. I'm in Highland Park, but commute to the city most weekdays.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 10:48 PM   #580
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got MPE through my dealer, I have been asking them for it since March 2021. They also installed it for me, though I regret that. They charged a ton for labor. I got the "kit" which includes diffuser, etc, for like $7300 (10% off).
Forgot pics. Don't have video yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmg18709.50
      02-03-2022, 03:37 AM   #581
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

looks cool -

Is louder in your POV ?

i don't think videos do it justice
      02-03-2022, 06:18 AM   #582
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

looks cool -

Is louder in your POV ?

i don't think videos do it justice
From inside the car it is mildly louder. Haven't really had much chance to hear it from the outside yet. But also part of the reason I'm looking into midpipe changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 08:38 AM   #583
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats dimab0

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #584
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

so i have been looking at all these midpipes, what stopping someone from just cutting out there resonaters and secondary cats and just straight piping it, would not be the same concept as an AA midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 03:22 PM   #585
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_g80 View Post
so i have been looking at all these midpipes, what stopping someone from just cutting out there resonaters and secondary cats and just straight piping it, would not be the same concept as an AA midpipe?
Wym? That's what I did
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #586
aj_g80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Wym? That's what I did
exactly and im sure it was 1/4 of the price of a midpipe, so why do people spend 2k on a mid pipe. also are you running stock muffler?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #587
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wym? That's what I did
exactly and im sure it was 1/4 of the price of a midpipe, so why do people spend 2k on a mid pipe. also are you running stock muffler?
Oh I see, we'll I did end up getting a single midpipe.

The main reason being on cold start the dual setup (no matter what company you go with) makes a horrible sound (think 2 transforms doing the dirty).

Not just a little bad, but the type of noise that'll have everyone in a 1/4mile radius looking for a 98' Honda Civic with a fart can.

It was just embarrassing.
Appreciate 2
BIGW0RM3157.50
aj_g80551.00
      02-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #588
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wym? That's what I did

The main reason being on cold start the dual setup (no matter what company you go with) makes a horrible sound (think 2 transforms doing the dirty).

Not just a little bad, but the type of noise that'll have everyone in a 1/4mile radius looking for a 98' Honda Civic with a fart can.

What setup was this with?
      02-08-2022, 10:49 AM   #589
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wym? That's what I did

What setup was this with?
Any of the standard/factory "equal length" setups without secondary cats and resonators makes the sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #590
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Can I see more midpipe videos paired with stock mufflers & primary downpipes?

EDIT: midpipes like valvetronic, active autowerks, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 11:44 AM   #591
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csayad View Post
Can I see more midpipe videos paired with stock mufflers & primary downpipes?
Go to my YouTube "Trentmeister"
Appreciate 2
csayad419.50
aj_g80551.00
      02-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #592
aj_g80
Captain
Rep

Quote:

i was planning on just cutting out the resonaters keeping the cats, would you say its better just get the single midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 09:23 AM   #593
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
i was planning on just cutting out the resonaters keeping the cats, would you say its better just get the single midpipe?
the single midpipe is the best sounding in my opinion even compared to other full-length midpipes.

In your case, the single midpipe would provide a much deeper tone without any raspiness over cutting the resonators

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2022, 10:21 AM   #594
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Resonators sound fine, but removing the cats is hardcore
Appreciate 1
aj_g80551.00