BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

12-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G82 Manual

How to Clean Perforated Seats

How do you guys take out stuff that are stuck in the perforations? Tried everything only to make them go deeper into the seat... On a side note, is it still possible to get those stuff out when they are already "in" the holes and you can barely see them? Thanks for any tips
Appreciate 1
Joachim328.00
      12-21-2022, 04:23 PM   #2
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Powerful vacuum. Maybe look for a silicon tipped attachment. Sharp point q tip for electronics if need to clean
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #3
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
Powerful vacuum. Maybe look for a silicon tipped attachment. Sharp point q tip for electronics if need to clean
Tried "gum stimulator" and even bought a 600 dollar Dyson vacuum, nothing worked thanks for the suggestion though
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 07:11 PM   #4
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

What did you get on your seats? Lints the only thing that make into my perforations
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 11:19 PM   #5
TT_mand
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiConvert View Post
Tried "gum stimulator" and even bought a 600 dollar Dyson vacuum, nothing worked thanks for the suggestion though
You need a shop vac
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 12:00 AM   #6
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

A toothpick, gently
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 12:49 AM   #7
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
What did you get on your seats? Lints the only thing that make into my perforations
I don't really know tbh, looks like some sort of leaf fragment thingy
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 12:50 AM   #8
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_mand View Post
You need a shop vac
Will try that, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 02:28 AM   #9
Joachim
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition X-Drive [2022]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiConvert View Post
I don't really know tbh, looks like some sort of leaf fragment thingy
Had this, too. Window open on a warm day while parking beneath some birch trees. Some gust of wind, and their seeds at once found their last rest inside the perforations and refused to any efforts to get them out again.

Now, over half of a year later, the seeds obviously decomposed. After some smooth treatment of the really dry(!) seats (summer heat) with a professional vacuum cleaner there are no traces anymore to be found. Maybe the seeds shrunk?

So, at least the "natural" residues seem to be removable after some time.
      01-02-2023, 06:28 PM   #10
SetAlias
What doesn't kill you gives you XP
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 XC

Quote:
you don't want to know
TopJimmy5463.00
      01-04-2023, 07:47 PM   #11
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Had this, too. Window open on a warm day while parking beneath some birch trees. Some gust of wind, and their seeds at once found their last rest inside the perforations and refused to any efforts to get them out again.

Now, over half of a year later, the seeds obviously decomposed. After some smooth treatment of the really dry(!) seats (summer heat) with a professional vacuum cleaner there are no traces anymore to be found. Maybe the seeds shrunk?

So, at least the "natural" residues seem to be removable after some time.
Well I tried to get them out with some silicone tip and all it did was to push them all the way in Now I can barely see them but knowing that they are there drives me crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 06:48 AM   #12
Joachim
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition X-Drive [2022]

Sorry to read this, I know that this can make you crazy. But, without cynicism or joking, use of the seats will slowly crush and decompose natural deposits what makes it time-by-time easier to move everywhere, even back to the holes. So no sticky materials for removing from now on!
Just vacuum sometimes carefully with a strong industrial vac machine (those at self-washing stations) and hope the dust or whatever is removed a bit each time.
Before all: Do not and never lose your joy at your car by those incidents. You're keeping it as clean as you can, the rest is intended use. Only babies with no experience of life have no chars!

I worked at the cleaning industry. Our General Manager always said, if clients knew that _every_ clean-wiping, wet or dry, generally doesn't remove more than 7% of dirt and dust, but only distributes it into randomly spread and for the human eye invisible particles and films.
UNCM2334.50
evidence202.00
      01-08-2023, 11:01 AM   #13
AudiConvert
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Sorry to read this, I know that this can make you crazy. But, without cynicism or joking, use of the seats will slowly crush and decompose natural deposits what makes it time-by-time easier to move everywhere, even back to the holes. So no sticky materials for removing from now on!
Just vacuum sometimes carefully with a strong industrial vac machine (those at self-washing stations) and hope the dust or whatever is removed a bit each time.
Before all: Do not and never lose your joy at your car by those incidents. You're keeping it as clean as you can, the rest is intended use. Only babies with no experience of life have no chars!

I worked at the cleaning industry. Our General Manager always said, if clients knew that _every_ clean-wiping, wet or dry, generally doesn't remove more than 7% of dirt and dust, but only distributes it into randomly spread and for the human eye invisible particles and films.
Wow, thank you for this. One of the nicest things I’ve ever read on the internet
Always only really care when the car is new, two years down the road I won’t probably even remember they are there. But truly thank you for your kind words!
Appreciate 1
Joachim328.00