BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-18-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
FXMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Lease Assumption

Has anyone successfully completed a lease transfer or assumption on a G80 recently? If so do you mind sharing terms (and cash upfront, if any)? Curious what people are seeing.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 10:18 AM   #2
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Don’t you keep then original terms on a transfer?
Appreciate 1
kooft168.50
      07-18-2023, 01:19 PM   #3
FXMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Yes but by terms I meant payment or cash due at assumption. I am curious where people are transacting as far as monthly payments and whether there is cash on top.

Swapalease has some crazy, and I mean crazy, askings like $5-6k due to owner and they continue to sell/swap (according to the the site).

Trying to see if people are actually paying this and what the current lease climate looks like.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #4
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

I transferred a m340i last October, in anticipation of getting my M3. I had placed it on Swapalease asking $4,400 due to me. The person that I transferred it to negotiated that down to $3,800. It was an extremely simple and efficient process through BMWFS. It was all done electronically - it took 3 days! They make it so easy. The person that I transferred it to sent me the funds as soon as all was done.

I feel that any amount requested, due to you, depends on the monthly payment, term remaining, and mileage. With the lease transfers I've done (3 transfers), I based it upon those items, and figuring out the what the amount adds to their monthly payment.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 04:13 PM   #5
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXMR View Post
Yes but by terms I meant payment or cash due at assumption. I am curious where people are transacting as far as monthly payments and whether there is cash on top.

Swapalease has some crazy, and I mean crazy, askings like $5-6k due to owner and they continue to sell/swap (according to the the site).

Trying to see if people are actually paying this and what the current lease climate looks like.
That's because those owners were dumb enough to put that kind of cash down at the start of the lease. If their lease payment is in line with what you would expect WITHOUT any money down, it's likely they rolled some negative equity into the lease. And now they want to get out clean. Consider it you paying ADM in a sneaky way.

So yeah, avoid those leases.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 05:19 PM   #6
Mcleod32084
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2023 G83 M4 Comp X Drive

Garage List
In 2020 I almost took over a 440 from the owner and was approved.
If you contact the owner directly all both you have to do is call BMW Financial and the assumer of the lease has to pay $500 and a credit check.
(I instead purchased my first M4 because I found a great deal on the M4)
Appreciate 0