BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-07-2023, 03:35 PM   #23
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxss View Post
has anyone worked with Day Laborer ? I've never heard from him before but it looks like he has a good rep and what does he do?
I was going to recommend him if you really dont want to wait anymore. He is great to work with and I got my car using him. My wait times were like 9-12 months for am M3 when I ordered and all the available cars on the lot were going for 10K over MSRP. He got me an allocation for 5K over MSRP and I was able to customize my build. Also was able to get a 23MY instead of MY24 which also saved me money. So In the end I paid like 2K over MSRP. Placed Order July 31st for an August build and got my car in Dec at PCD. Since you are looking for an M4, if you are open to pick up ur car at PCD or elsewhere, def go with him. I think he charges like $900 as a commission but now there are MSRP or even below MSRP deals out there and you might get it much faster than you calling all the dealerships and trying to find one. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 04:07 PM   #24
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
has anyone worked with Day Laborer ? I've never heard from him before but it looks like he has a good rep and what does he do?
I’ve worked with him. Great experience! He knows dealers all over who have live allocations, and hooks you up for a modest brokerage fee.

I contacted Hans. Next day I was at his dealer picking my options. Day after that BMW Genius confirmed the build was accepted.
      07-07-2023, 04:29 PM   #25
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Yes, I just did. Recommended.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2023, 04:29 PM   #26
Ankarah
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Welcome friend!

Here is my take - there were 3 local BMW dealers near where I live.
When I was asking around for an allocation earlier this year in March, all 3 gave me around the similar timeframe as to how much I’d had to wait for it (around 12 to 18 months)

Two of them said they needed to collect various amounts of deposits before I could be put on their waiting list. The third one said they’d only collect a $1000 deposit once my allocation was secured.

I went with the third one as I felt their practice just made more sense to me.

Lo and behold, I got a call from them in early June that they were able to give me an allocation for their last MY23 run in late June, presumably because someone backed out on their order.

I so eagerly accepted, as I had no intention of dealing with another round of price uptick, just to have it called MY24, instead of 23 😂
They immediately provided production number along with the build sheet for my confirmation & approval, after which they asked me to personally stop by the dealership to make a deposit due to security concerns with sharing credit card details over the phone.

Your dealer may have chosen to simplify their verbiage since most of their clients wouldn’t understand how allocation and production numbers worked or even be aware that they can track their orders online.

Talk to your dealer and share your experience with reading these posts, so as to clarify to them, indirectly, that they want to be as articulate and precise with their information when they communicate with you😊

Last edited by Ankarah; 07-07-2023 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 09:24 PM   #27
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankarah View Post
Welcome friend!

Here is my take - there were 3 local BMW dealers near where I live.
When I was asking around for an allocation earlier this year in March, all 3 gave me around the similar timeframe as to how much I’d had to wait for it (around 12 to 18 months)

Two of them said they needed to collect various amounts of deposits before I could be put on their waiting list. The third one said they’d only collect a $1000 deposit once my allocation was secured.

I went with the third one as I felt their practice just made more sense to me.

Lo and behold, I got a call from them in early June that they were able to give me an allocation for their last MY23 run in late June, presumably because someone backed out on their order.

I so eagerly accepted, as I had no intention of dealing with another round of price uptick, just to have it called MY24, instead of 23 😂
They immediately provided production number along with the build sheet for my confirmation & approval, after which they asked me to personally stop by the dealership to make a deposit due to security concerns with sharing credit card details over the phone.

Your dealer may have chosen to simplify their verbiage since most of their clients wouldn’t understand how allocation and production numbers worked or even be aware that they can track their orders online.

Talk to your dealer and share your experience with reading these posts, so as to clarify to them, indirectly, that they want to be as articulate and precise with their information when they communicate with you😊
Congrats on your allocation, but sadly, your experience is very far and few. The OP was just scammed by his CA and they knew what they were doing. When I was looking for an allocation, almost 75% of the dealerships I called that told me they "had" an allocation..didnt. They just had a spot in the orderbank. I almost made a 5 hr trip to Iowa coz one CA "confirmed" that they had an allocation but I need to come in person to put the deposit down but the allocation was ONLY for an M3 RWD Comp only. I came to the forum and put it out there and the members helped me look into the BS and said its bait and switch (coz the allocation is across all M3 comps) and I was able to avoid the trap. Many want ur money upfront and whenever I hear a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, I start running. Its almost always a scam !!! The only way I would agree to a NON-Refundable deposit is if I have an allocation with the production number and the order has gone through. This CA clearly knew what he was doing !!!
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2023, 12:06 PM   #28
BMW1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Screw that noise. Holding your money just to be on a list? I don't get these dealers.

I literally called College Station two weeks ago, left my name, and got a call yesterday about an allocation that was at 112 status.

Or just work with Day Laborer and see what he can get you. His fee vs. giving a dealer money just to wait is well worth it.
Blake @ BMW College Station. "This Is The Way."
2016 328i
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2619.00
      07-08-2023, 01:18 PM   #29
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Congrats on your allocation, but sadly, your experience is very far and few. The OP was just scammed by his CA and they knew what they were doing. When I was looking for an allocation, almost 75% of the dealerships I called that told me they "had" an allocation..didnt. They just had a spot in the orderbank. I almost made a 5 hr trip to Iowa coz one CA "confirmed" that they had an allocation but I need to come in person to put the deposit down but the allocation was ONLY for an M3 RWD Comp only. I came to the forum and put it out there and the members helped me look into the BS and said its bait and switch (coz the allocation is across all M3 comps) and I was able to avoid the trap. Many want ur money upfront and whenever I hear a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, I start running. Its almost always a scam !!! The only way I would agree to a NON-Refundable deposit is if I have an allocation with the production number and the order has gone through. This CA clearly knew what he was doing !!!
It eerie how similar your experience is to mine. I agree with this post and advice 100%. Never again though. I learned a lot.
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2619.00
      07-08-2023, 03:27 PM   #30
Bxss
Minor General
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
im really not sure what I should to anymore im in a pickle to be honest. CA still has my 5000 Dollars and I texted him on Thursday, when I made the post about how far am I on the list and he usually responds within hours (even on weekends and holidays) but now he's completely silent. Hopefully its just a coincidence. Im just lost, this is my 2nd dealership where I placed a deposit and it looks like im going to pull out. Should I request my deposit back? I already called all the dealerships in Florida from Orlando down and all their wait times are around 1 year except for Braman West Palm Beach (the dealership I chose to work with) where they stated it would take around 3 months for the whole process to be complete. Members, what should I do? Hold it out or work with Day Laborer
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2023, 04:21 PM   #31
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Quote:
im really not sure what I should to anymore im in a pickle to be honest. CA still has my 5000 Dollars and I texted him on Thursday, when I made the post about how far am I on the list and he usually responds within hours (even on weekends and holidays) but now he's completely silent. Hopefully its just a coincidence. Im just lost, this is my 2nd dealership where I placed a deposit and it looks like im going to pull out. Should I request my deposit back? I already called all the dealerships in Florida from Orlando down and all their wait times are around 1 year except for Braman West Palm Beach (the dealership I chose to work with) where they stated it would take around 3 months for the whole process to be complete. Members, what should I do? Hold it out or work with Day Laborer
I would request your deposit back once you have an allocation secured. There’s no sense in asking for it back until you do, IMO.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Day Laborer will get you an allocation before this dealership will though.
Appreciate 2
BimmerFix1390.50
      07-08-2023, 05:41 PM   #32
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1983 View Post
Blake @ BMW College Station. "This Is The Way."
You know whats funny. Once Day Laborer came up with the allocation about 2 weeks later, Blake from college station called me stating that my allocation came through but it was an Oct build vs Aug build. I chose to pass on that but Blake was awesome to work with and didnt pressure me into anything. Only the 2K mandatory add-on from the dealership which I knew I could live with.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 05:47 PM   #33
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

If I were you, Id start calling dealerships within 4 states around FL and see if they have an open allocation for the M4. If someone says yes, then you want to confirm what Build week it is and if they have a production number. (like Wk40 etc) if they dont know what build week it is, then it isnt an allocation. You can sit down one afternoon - preferably a weekday (instead of weekend) and cross off the people you called and also if they r nice, to give ur name and number and have them call you if they have an open allocation when its available. Since you are going for an M4, you should have a better luck than M3. I would still talk to Day Laborer and see if he has a good deal on the M4 allocations and he might be able to get u a below MSRP deal which would make the broker fee worth it. He is very upfront and you dont have to take the deal unless you want to go through with it. He is great to work with and doesnt pressure you into taking the deal. I did pass on 2 offers from him before I went with the third one. Playing devils advocate, Braman moves a lot of M cars and if your CA calls u back and says you are number 2-3 on the list, I would keep your spot and look around for the allocation. Braman does tend to do a lot of add ons and fluff once u get ur car so be cautious and make sure you get the full purchase price and APR (if financing) when you get ur allocation so there isnt any funny business. Good luck
Appreciate 2