BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-12-2022, 05:07 PM   #1
COBMW144
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive Competition

My road to the G80

For the last year I've been shopping for a Nissan GTR or M3 with the GTR being at the top of the list. After production of the GTR came to an end and prices quickly increased on the used model, in some cases $20-$40k over on a used one making some of the lowest mileage one have prices over $150k, the M3 quickly became the #1 vehicle on my list that came in below my $150k budget. I currently own a '20 STI, '17 M2 and '22 4Runner. The 4Runner is my daily driver of which I've had two in the last year as I took advantage of the used car market and drove my last one for free for 8 months. The 4Runner will continue to be my daily driver but over the last couple of years the want for 500+ HP car just kept growing and again, the M3 Comp met this requirement as well. About 3 months ago I made a deposit for a G80 with almost every option and have been waiting for an allocation ever since. My impatience has been getting worse by the week and I have come across several new and used G80's that I considered, but even with markups of $20k in some instances, they sold quickly. In one case, the car sold while I was driving to the dealership within 30 minutes of being informed of its availability by my SA. This was two weeks ago and it was somewhat of a frustrating experience. This morning my SA informed me that two units that were en route were let go by their potential buyers. I thought this may happen at some point considering the economy, lay off's etc. I ended up putting a deposit on one of them that had some of the things in common from my initial build, xDrive, Competition, Toronto Red, Fiona Red Full Interior, laser lights, etc. They are asking $10k over, but I'll admit at this point, I don't care about the overage and the fact it will be here in 3 weeks sweetened it even more and I'm pretty excited about it since it will fill the gap until my original build arries(Champagne has already been purchased). I was also informed I am #6 on the allocation wait list and they "might" have one come open in several weeks. At this rate I am fairly confident I am still at least a year out on my build, which will add the ceramic brakes, carbon seats and carbon exterior package and a few other items. I am also happy about the fact I can still take advantage of the equity and trade values of my other cars which be sold ahead of delivery. With that said, it feels good to finally be a part of the G80 family and when my other build is delivered it will still be an upgrade and I will be equally as excited. Looking forward to posting some pictures once this beast is delivered.
Appreciate 4
T0RM3NT3630.00
ando2000.50
KANdaddy2494.00
      08-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Welcome to the family... But please do shop around before you pay 10k over
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3630.00
      08-12-2022, 06:45 PM   #3
COBMW144
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Welcome to the family... But please do shop around before you pay 10k over
I definitely did. I've spoken to about 10-15 dealership just in the last 4 weeks. There wasn't a single one below $10k, most were @ $20k and they would not negotiate at all. Maybe I was looking in all the wrong places but I'm not even mad about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 06:47 PM   #4
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
You need to look mid west and non major metros.

Plenty of places at MSRP or lower over msrps.

You can have a car shipped or do PCD.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 09:04 PM   #5
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
You need to look mid west and non major metros.

Plenty of places at MSRP or lower over msrps.

You can have a car shipped or do PCD.
I think he was referring to a car being delivered in 2-3 weeks that is about 10K over MSRP. Its almost impossible to find a car that is sitting in a dealer lot or cancelled order that is sold for MSRP. You can get in their order bank or list for MSRP but not for a car that is close to being delivered.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 09:05 PM   #6
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

Congrats! TR is awesome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2