BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #1
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Lucky to finally get a G80 allocation

So Ive been mulling about buying an M3 since fall 2020 but held off on it due to COVID and then due to the parts shortage and delays in 2021. I couldnt find an M3 to look in person nor test drive it. I was able to test drive a I4 M50 in March of this year and convinced myself that the I4 would be the best fit for me during this time and maybe go for the M3 in 4-5 years. Been waiting for an M50 allocation since then and as months passed, nothing in sight and more and more bad news reg availability. Last month my dealer happened to have a cancelled M3C in IOMG with carbon buckets and asking for 10K over asking. I could have overlooked the IOMG but the carbon buckets were a deal breaker due to my back issues. What it did was rekindle all my suppressed desires of owning an M3 and kicked it into overdrive !!!

I decided that I will NOT wait for another year for an M3 and started calling dealerships across the mid west and sought help from fellow forum members about dealership wait times and pricing. I placed 3 orders for M3 (2 at MSRP and 1 @ 2.5k ADM) hoping my chances would be better. Came across 2 M3C that were cancelled with one asking 8K over MSRP and one I lost out despite offering 6K over MSRP as I was late by 6 min yesterday. I had been touch with Day Laborer in the meantime for my I4 M50 and my M3.

I must have called like 40-50 dealerships and most of them were very nice and upfront and were wiling to let me know about the wait list and what they were asking. Finally with the disappointment of missing out on an M3 yesterday afternoon, got a call about an upcoming allocation and pounced on it and finally able to get an M3C allocation with week 37 build !!!! So hoping things will go smoothly and Im able to get an M3 by the end of this year. I didnt have to pay a ridiculous mkt Adj but I had to pay some but its worth it esp if mine might be 2024 M3 and expect further price increase from BMW. For those who have been waiting in line for a while, Im sorry I jumped the line, but I just couldnt wait another year knowing I could have just gotten this car in 2021 or even ordered in March this year and lost out on a lot of time. For those who are in the same boat as me, Id be glad to help out with dealer and SA info if you are looking to take over my order later. I want my car to be built and on the ship before Im willing to cancel my other orders (call it being overly cautious) Good Luck !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
Sean@PSI2133.50
Mark Kez2201.50
T0RM3NT3630.00
MassComp2123.50
wtwo317969.50
      08-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I've also been looking in the Midwest. When you paid your deposit was it before or after setting the price and financial details? I've talked to a couple of dealers who want a deposit with no refund, including one who wanted 10% deposit with no refund unless they canceled it and no timeline for delivery other than a vague 8-12 months. I've talk to other dealers who are willing to put me in line for an allocation with a $1k deposit.
What was your experience with this stuff?

Also, congratulations on your allocation!
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2605.50
      08-12-2022, 03:48 PM   #3
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adequate View Post
I've also been looking in the Midwest. When you paid your deposit was it before or after setting the price and financial details? I've talked to a couple of dealers who want a deposit with no refund, including one who wanted 10% deposit with no refund unless they canceled it and no timeline for delivery other than a vague 8-12 months. I've talk to other dealers who are willing to put me in line for an allocation with a $1k deposit.
What was your experience with this stuff?

Also, congratulations on your allocation!
Thanks. 2 of my dealers (small market) were MSRP and didnt even ask for a deposit. I sent them my build code and they said, Im in their order bank and sent me the VIR. Once I get a production number/allocation, then I had to do a $2000 non refundable deposit but nothing before. My third dealer was a large volume M dealer and had only a wait list of 2 and had like 4 allocations for M in June. I placed a $2500K refundable deposit and told him Ill pay another $2.5K if I get an allocation in August which he agreed. They havent yet run by card for the deposit as he doesnt have an allocation this month
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #4
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Dude! I want to preface this by saying this is just my opinion, but here it goes! When the new G80’s came out I knew this was a generational changing car and I loved, absolutely loved the new design. I read all of the bs about how BMW had lost its way and how the car would never sell, enthusiast would never buy it blah blah blah, grill grill grill. I KNEW this would happen, a year or more long wait to get a car that two years ago many said would never sell and now many of those same people are waiting in line just hoping to get an allocation. Forward thinking, a sense of adventure and yes, taking a risk are how you get to the front of the line and you have exhibited that so you have nothing to apologize for. Now you’re hearing the same thing about the new I8 screen and while it’s not my favorite, the car attached to it is! I got my G83 about a month ago and I can attest to the fact that it is the best car I’ve ever owned, driven, or seen. I get more looks, compliments and requests to drive it than I do for autographs! Enjoy this journey, it’s a fun sometimes frustrating ride, but at the end you get one of the best cars on the market. Just my 2cents
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2605.50
      08-12-2022, 04:39 PM   #5
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Finally with the disappointment of missing out on an M3 yesterday afternoon, got a call about an upcoming allocation and pounced on it and finally able to get an M3C allocation with week 37 build !!!!
Congrats on the allocation!

And ah... build week 37. I started the (2021) build week 37 thread last year with my car: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1845109

I had the car in hand on December 3rd, 2021. A very detailed timeline is in the first post. Obviously week 37 varies a bit year to year but hopefully that's helpful.

And for the 2022 cohort, here's the week 37 build thread (for shared agony and finally happiness): https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1942485
Aalfred2605.50
      08-12-2022, 04:49 PM   #6
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Congrats on the allocation!

And ah... build week 37. I started the (2021) build week 37 thread last year with my car: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1845109

I had the car in hand on December 3rd, 2021. A very detailed timeline is in the first post. Obviously week 37 varies a bit year to year but hopefully that's helpful.

And for the 2022 cohort, here's the week 37 build thread (for shared agony and finally happiness): https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1942485
Thank you. It was originally scheduled for Wk36, but moved to Wk37. Hope I dont get pushed around the merry go around too much
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 04:52 PM   #7
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kez View Post
Dude! I want to preface this by saying this is just my opinion, but here it goes! When the new G80’s came out I knew this was a generational changing car and I loved, absolutely loved the new design. I read all of the bs about how BMW had lost its way and how the car would never sell, enthusiast would never buy it blah blah blah, grill grill grill. I KNEW this would happen, a year or more long wait to get a car that two years ago many said would never sell and now many of those same people are waiting in line just hoping to get an allocation. Forward thinking, a sense of adventure and yes, taking a risk are how you get to the front of the line and you have exhibited that so you have nothing to apologize for. Now you’re hearing the same thing about the new I8 screen and while it’s not my favorite, the car attached to it is! I got my G83 about a month ago and I can attest to the fact that it is the best car I’ve ever owned, driven, or seen. I get more looks, compliments and requests to drive it than I do for autographs! Enjoy this journey, it’s a fun sometimes frustrating ride, but at the end you get one of the best cars on the market. Just my 2cents
Thank you. I did feel guilty that I didnt take my chances the past 2 yrs and the wait times were just getting insane and didnt want to wait anymore and decided to be as aggressive I could be without paying too much in Mkt Adj. And to think I wanted to wait all this time so I could get one below MSRP was just wishful thinking..lol
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 06:16 PM   #8
vinha916
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

I can't believe 4 months My car is at the port waiting for delivery.
Attached Images

Last edited by vinha916; 08-14-2022 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2605.50