home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
cashsmoney
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tundra

Who's happy with the M Performance exhaust.

Hi,

I'm about a month away from taking delivery of my G80 base, and looking at adding the M performance exhaust. Who got it, and are you happy with it or not. Yes I know they have lower cost options and louder options. I'm not wanting for it to be much louder. But I like the way most titanium exhausts sounds.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #2
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashsmoney View Post
Hi,

I'm about a month away from taking delivery of my G80 base, and looking at adding the M performance exhaust. Who got it, and are you happy with it or not. Yes I know they have lower cost options and louder options. I'm not wanting for it to be much louder. But I like the way most titanium exhausts sounds.
ME.

Seriously, favorite mod I've done to my G80 so far. Plenty of other exhausts out there to get more noise, but the design of this thing is just as cool as it gets. I can never get enough of staring at the ass of my car.

I've put about 2k miles on mine so far, and I'd says there's about a 20% increase in volume and tone. It's turned into a very throaty sound that almost has an exotic pitch to it.

Noise was epic with this thing when I had my PSI mid pipe.. sold that pipe as cold starts we're embarrassingly obnoxious though. I have a Supersprint pipe that should be here in about a month, so we'll see how that pairs with the MPE.
Appreciate 3
Nkr151123.50
Limegrntaln13472.00
BzsBimmer3274.00
      04-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
cashsmoney
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Quote:
Hi,

ME.

Seriously, favorite mod I've done to my G80 so far. Plenty of other exhausts out there to get more noise, but the design of this thing is just as cool as it gets. I can never get enough of staring at the ass of my car.

I've put about 2k miles on mine so far, and I'd says there's about a 20% increase in volume and tone. It's turned into a very throaty sound that almost has an exotic pitch to it.

Noise was epic with this thing when I had my PSI mid pipe.. sold that pipe as cold starts we're embarrassingly obnoxious though. I have a Supersprint pipe that should be here in about a month, so we'll see how that pairs with the MPE.
Nice. Yeah I'm really thinking of getting it. Where did you order yours from? So you had just the M performance exhaust with just the regular pipe?
Appreciate 1
FISH225402.50
      04-12-2022, 05:51 PM   #4
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

ME.

Nice. Yeah I'm really thinking of getting it. Where did you order yours from? So you had just the M performance exhaust with just the regular pipe?
It's an awesome upgrade that really makes the car that much more special.

I purchase all of my OEM parts from Evan@Tischer. He's absolutely awesome to work with and is a vendor on this site.

I currently have the factory mid pipe, along with the valves safety wired open. Really good, throaty sound. I did have the PSI mid pipe with the MPE.. but as the MPE broke in and got louder, the cold starts and rasp were a bit much.

I currently have a Supersprint resonated J-pipe on order, and I'm confident that'll be a good middle ground.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      05-30-2023, 08:02 PM   #5
GolfR17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I have same question as OP. Contemplating having installed. I know the styling is controversial. Anybody regret doing? Anyone else super happy they did?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 08:44 PM   #6
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Can someone share the part number again? And it comes with the diffuser too right?
Appreciate 1
GolfR17157.50
      05-31-2023, 09:48 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

In my view, there are more affordable exhausts out there that offer similar or even better sound quality.

However, If you like the look of the performance exhaust, then it could be the ideal choice for you.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2023, 04:38 PM   #8
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfR17 View Post
I have same question as OP. Contemplating having installed. I know the styling is controversial. Anybody regret doing? Anyone else super happy they did?
I’m very happy with mine. It’s definitely not everyone’s taste but I think most have never seen it in person and pictures don’t do it justice.

Sound is subjective but I can tell you it isn’t loud. I bought my G80 with the MPE already installed so I can’t really compare vs stock but I can say, to my ears, the MPE + 200 cell DP’s are a great combination. Still not terribly loud but a great sound that gets even better as you climb the rev range. Plus there is zero drone/resonance or whatever you want to call that annoying sound that starts to raddle the cabin.

Performance wise I don’t think you’ll get much. Most of your exhaust system gains will be with adding DP’s and as mentioned earlier the MPE + DP combo is great.

Cost is definitely an issue especially if you add DP’s like I did but only you can decide if it is worth it.

Good luck.
Appreciate 1
GolfR17157.50
      06-01-2023, 12:24 AM   #9
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Joining in. I just picked up my M3 and it also came pre fitted with the MPE

If I had the option, I would have omitted it as I am not entirely sold on the design but maybe it will grow on me.

It does burble and pop at low revs and I doubt that is piped in from the ASD but I do wish it was louder. I am coming from an F80 with full Akrapovic system from downpipes, back so my idea of loud is different than the current MPE.

I agree with Mike that there are other systems that are cheaper and will be louder but I’m interested in seeing what I can pair this MPE with that will give me more volume without ditching the muffler and diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 06:47 AM   #10
cashsmoney
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So I did get it. I love it. I agree it’s not very photogenic, and some people don’t like the design. However I have received tons of compliments on it. I don’t regret it at all.
Now this might sound crazy. However I did turn OFF the ASD with the Bimmercode ( I guess it’s not fully off but like 90%) and the exhaust sounds louder, with the flaps open. I don’t know if the sound the speakers are making isn’t the same tone as the MPE ones so they cancel out.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 06:50 AM   #11
cashsmoney
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbmwe46 View Post
Can someone share the part number again? And it comes with the diffuser too right?
The kit does come with everything needed, including the diffuser that’s carbon fiber. If you have the carbon fiber package you can sell the OEM diffuser, to offset the cost.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 04:56 PM   #12
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
In my view, there are more affordable exhausts out there that offer similar or even better sound quality.

However, If you like the look of the performance exhaust, then it could be the ideal choice for you.
Agree. After a lot of research, getting the AWE Track was absolutely the right choice. Even having my flaps wired open since the car was a month old, the sound improvement is fantastic. Plus, looks good, which I can't say for the MPE weird pipe layout. And then there's the price...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 10:33 AM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Agree. After a lot of research, getting the AWE Track was absolutely the right choice. Even having my flaps wired open since the car was a month old, the sound improvement is fantastic. Plus, looks good, which I can't say for the MPE weird pipe layout. And then there's the price...
Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 01:22 PM   #14
gc.g80brg
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3C Individual

The G8X Mperformance exhasut is the perfect way to kill the look of an M car + it sounds pretty much as the oem one...
2001 M3 Laguna seca 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 12:06 AM   #15
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc.g80brg View Post
The G8X Mperformance exhasut is the perfect way to kill the look of an M car + it sounds pretty much as the oem one...
Well at least the back end will complement the shit talking with the front end lol.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #16
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

I'm considering ordering it port-installed ($8920 quoted) on my '24 M3Cx.

I've seen & heard it in person. It does sound louder and deeper than stock. Not as crazy loud or different as Akra or other exhausts. But it is a noticeable bump over stock.

And just like the grill, the MPE looks better in person. It definitely stands out and adds aggression.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:40 PM   #17
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
I'm considering ordering it port-installed ($8920 quoted) on my '24 M3Cx.

I've seen & heard it in person. It does sound louder and deeper than stock. Not as crazy loud or different as Akra or other exhausts. But it is a noticeable bump over stock.

And just like the grill, the MPE looks better in person. It definitely stands out and adds aggression.
It’s a look that grows on you. At least it has for me. It definitely looks different and has an aggressive stagger to it.
Pair it with a midpipe and valve controller
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 09:49 PM   #18
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

Anyone else have feedback?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 08:06 AM   #19
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
Anyone else have feedback?
I bought my g80 with the MPE already installed. At first, I’ll admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MPE from photos and marketing material. But… over the last year of ownership I must say I can’t see myself switching to anything else. The MPE really balances out the aggressive looks of the front grills especially if you add a more aggressive front lip like my Vorstiener rep. My MPE is paired with ER Catted DP’s and the sound is perfect to my ears. Cold starts aren’t terrible loud and the fullness and volume improvements come in more as you accelerate through the rev range.

My best advice is to see one in person as pics just don’t do it justice. But… here’s some anyway lol. Hopefully you can see what I’m talking about when I say balancing with the front end.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
mdr955359.00
BzsBimmer3274.00
RUNSOK237.00
      08-18-2023, 08:15 AM   #20
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Hopefully you can see what I’m talking about when I say balancing with the front end.
Side question: where did you get those mud flaps?

Love the pics, thanks. Am 99% of the way there to adding the MPE onto my build before it goes into week 42 production... will add the other carbon bits as part of the mod process.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 08:30 AM   #21
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
I bought my g80 with the MPE already installed. At first, I’ll admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MPE from photos and marketing material. But… over the last year of ownership I must say I can’t see myself switching to anything else. The MPE really balances out the aggressive looks of the front grills especially if you add a more aggressive front lip like my Vorstiener rep. My MPE is pair with ER Catted DP and the sound is perfect to my ears. Cold starts aren’t terrible loud and the fullness and volume improvements come in more as you accelerate through the rev range.

My best advice is to see one in person as pic just don’t do it justice but… here’s some anyway lol. Hopefully you can see what I’m talking about when I say balancing with the front end.
Your car was one that makes me think I should go for it. Curious what spoiler you have as that is the look I’m planning for.

For the DP do you get any codes or other issues or it’s plug and play?

Ty!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 08:32 AM   #22
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
ME.

Why did you remove yours? (I think I saw that somewhere?!?)
Appreciate 0