G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

06-16-2022, 02:09 PM   #1
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

any bay area dealer selling at MSRP?

Found out that bmw of mtn view is marking up 10k on a new m3 order even though they have no allocations and the wait time is 6-7 months.

I actually do not want the car for another 6-7 months so I'm fine with the wait, however I would like to find a dealer here that is selling at MSRP or even discounting if possible. I'd love for it to be a deal where there is no deposit / obligation to buy the vehicle as of course I'm not looking for an allocation available, just looking to put down an order.

Any dealers around here selling at or below MSRP for MY23 orders?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
MinMax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
Found out that bmw of mtn view is marking up 10k on a new m3 order even though they have no allocations and the wait time is 6-7 months.

I actually do not want the car for another 6-7 months so I'm fine with the wait, however I would like to find a dealer here that is selling at MSRP or even discounting if possible. I'd love for it to be a deal where there is no deposit / obligation to buy the vehicle as of course I'm not looking for an allocation available, just looking to put down an order.

Try Peter Pan BMW and BMW of SF, both doing msrp on custom order as far as I'm aware of.
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2022, 08:57 PM   #3
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 (mt)

Quote:

I second Peter Pan BMW. I worked with Eugene Masalitin and had a very good experience. MSRP and good to talk with. He kept me posted when a bunch of M3 custom orders came in so I could sit in them and decide on carbon vs regular seats and extended vs full leather, etc. I was number 2 on list for 6 spd manual but canceled my order when I found what I was looking for in LA for a good price and also really didn't want the new screen with the 23 model that I was definitely going to end up with.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22G80M3 View Post
Quote:

I second Peter Pan BMW. I worked with Eugene Masalitin and had a very good experience. MSRP and good to talk with. He kept me posted when a bunch of M3 custom orders came in so I could sit in them and decide on carbon vs regular seats and extended vs full leather, etc. I was number 2 on list for 6 spd manual but canceled my order when I found what I was looking for in LA for a good price and also really didn't want the new screen with the 23 model that I was definitely going to end up with.
Peter pan was unwilling to put my order down due to me asking about whether I could cancel my order. I don't understand how these guys expect my decision to buy the car be decided a year in advance on top of the fact that they know they can easily sell these cars for markups if they want let alone at MSRP
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peter pan was unwilling to put my order down due to me asking about whether I could cancel my order. I don't understand how these guys expect my decision to buy the car be decided a year in advance on top of the fact that they know they can easily sell these cars for markups if they want let alone at MSRP
Who did you talk to and did you go in person? I had very different experiences with internet manager vs Eugene. Emailed internet manager and he gave me the usual BS—deposit and even credit check! Thanks but no. Wife and I walked in and asked to see Eugene based on many positive Yelp reviews, and talked to him for like 30 minutes or more. Test drove an X3 M (considering one at the time); wife and I did not like it as we are both die hard stick drivers. Eugene is too so he got it and was fun to talk with about the glory days of MT. We chatted probably a dozen times and he was always great. FWIW, we started with him in March and canceled in May when we found a good M3 in LA. He was chill the whole time.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:25 PM   #6
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who did you talk to and did you go in person? I had very different experiences with internet manager vs Eugene. Emailed internet manager and he gave me the usual BS—deposit and even credit check! Thanks but no. Wife and I walked in and asked to see Eugene based on many positive Yelp reviews, and talked to him for like 30 minutes or more. Test drove an X3 M (considering one at the time); wife and I did not like it as we are both die hard stick drivers. Eugene is too so he got it and was fun to talk with about the glory days of MT. We chatted probably a dozen times and he was always great. FWIW, we started with him in March and canceled in May when we found a good M3 in LA. He was chill the whole time.
The internet manager reached out to me. I'll try to speak with Eugene directly, hopefully it works out.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2022, 10:04 PM   #7
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have eugene's email?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 10:20 AM   #8
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have eugene's email?
PM sent
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2022, 01:35 PM   #9
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
PM sent
Thanks for the contact, yeah that dude was extremely chill about it, did not expect that much of an attitude shift between the internet guy and him
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2022, 03:25 PM   #10
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
PM sent
Thanks for the contact, yeah that dude was extremely chill about it, did not expect that much of an attitude shift between the internet guy and him
Cool, hope it works out. If not for the unwanted (for me) curved screen on the 23' models—and price hike—I would have stuck things out with Eugene for sure. My LA sales team were kind of douchey but I have the car and don't plan to work with them again in the future so who cares.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 12:27 AM   #11
Sandy Eggo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 (6MT)

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2020 Kia Telluride  [0.00]
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
PM sent
Would you mind sending to me as well? I'm in SoCal and having trouble finding contacts that are actually responsive and don't have crazy markups. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #12
DaledoBaggins
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanian Devil View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanian Devil View Post
Quote:

I can also recommend Peter Pan and BMW of SF, both offered my order at MSRP. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #13
Ariboon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 BGM M3C xdrive

I went into East Bay BMW to finalize my allocation and asked about WL and current times. They are now expecting 1.5-2years at MSRP. They are also now requiring a $995 "add-on" for tint and nitrogen in air to get on the list.

Looks like Peter Pan and BMW SF are the few left in bay area doing MSRP.
      08-08-2022, 11:28 AM   #14
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariboon View Post
I went into East Bay BMW to finalize my allocation and asked about WL and current times. They are now expecting 1.5-2years at MSRP. They are also now requiring a $995 "add-on" for tint and nitrogen in air to get on the list.

Looks like Peter Pan and BMW SF are the few left in bay area doing MSRP.
Weatherford as well. Currently im #5 there and im on the peter pan list as well, however that one is much larger (on the bright side they dont want a deposit or a credit check)
Appreciate 1
Ariboon379.50
      08-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #15
TT_mand
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6mt

Quote:
Weatherford as well. Currently im #5 there and im on the peter pan list as well, however that one is much larger (on the bright side they dont want a deposit or a credit check)
That’s weird, they asked me to put down a deposit at Peter Pan
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #16
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_mand View Post
Quote:
That’s weird, they asked me to put down a deposit at Peter Pan
Talk to eugene directly
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #17
TT_mand
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Talk to eugene directly
I did, placed an order with him about 2 weeks ago. What spec did you order?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:38 PM   #18
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did, placed an order with him about 2 weeks ago. What spec did you order?
m3cx
spy/ymb
exec/parking/driver asssitance
shadowline/laserlight/ventilated seats
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #19
TT_mand
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
m3cx
spy/ymb
exec/parking/driver asssitance
shadowline/laserlight/ventilated seats
When I spoke to him earlier this week he said that the wait for M3cx is a lot longer. I ordered M3c. I wonder if the allocations differ between base, comp, and comp x drive
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #20
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I spoke to him earlier this week he said that the wait for M3cx is a lot longer. I ordered M3c. I wonder if the allocations differ between base, comp, and comp x drive
between 6mt and c probably. there likely isn't a different allocation for c/cx. It might just be that the dealer maintains a separate waitlist for that themselves, ihni though
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 03:30 PM   #21
GX78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

Contact info for EUGENE MASALITIN

Hi,

Anyone has Eugene's contact information? Would like to inquiry about a M550. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0