07-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i xdrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Hi,

Local shop with best ratings is offering ceramic coating from CeramicPro compony. Packages are interesting from few months, 2years, up to lifetime warranty for gold package.

I have never heard about this brand and originally I was planning to go with Dr Beasleys. For the shop its not a problem, they were using it in the past for some of the customers. So they said up to me.

Both CeramicPro and Beasleys are having products for exterior but also for interior coating what I want to do also.

Despite of all advertisements around Dr Beasley when I look on CeramicPro and where they are present, Im leaning more towards them…

M4 Dravit 2023 in production, expected at dealership early September so need to organize nice welcome service.

Anyone heard, or used Ceramic Pro please speak up about your experience etc.

BTW: Ceramic Pro also provides window tint called Kavaca. If anyone used it, let me know
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 09:24 PM   #2
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostro View Post
Hi,

Local shop with best ratings is offering ceramic coating from CeramicPro compony. Packages are interesting from few months, 2years, up to lifetime warranty for gold package.

I have never heard about this brand and originally I was planning to go with Dr Beasleys. For the shop its not a problem, they were using it in the past for some of the customers. So they said up to me.

Both CeramicPro and Beasleys are having products for exterior but also for interior coating what I want to do also.

Despite of all advertisements around Dr Beasley when I look on CeramicPro and where they are present, Im leaning more towards them…

M4 Dravit 2023 in production, expected at dealership early September so need to organize nice welcome service.

Anyone heard, or used Ceramic Pro please speak up about your experience etc.

BTW: Ceramic Pro also provides window tint called Kavaca. If anyone used it, let me know
I had Ceramic Pro Gold on my F82 and found it to be exceptional. You'll need to to take it back once a year for maintenance (around $125 or so), where they'll redo the sacrificial layer. Plus it gets added to the Carfax report, if you care about that.

The first two pics are right after having the coating applied in 2017. The last pic is earlier this year.

Do note... it does not do well at preventing chips.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Bostro531.50
      07-10-2022, 10:51 PM   #3
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Thank you very much, including great pictures.
100-150$ every year to maintain ceramic layer not a problem.

Thanks for comment about chips, my present M4 (no ppf and no ceramic coating) when even studied today … no stone chips. Maybe Im lucky or roads in my area are not bad.

But with your feedback I may go with PPF on a front and ceramic coat all the car with this gold pack.

Will see will anyone else has some more to share. Thanks bro!
Appreciate 1
m4ml1868.00
      07-10-2022, 11:53 PM   #4
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostro View Post
Thank you very much, including great pictures.
100-150$ every year to maintain ceramic layer not a problem.

Thanks for comment about chips, my present M4 (no ppf and no ceramic coating) when even studied today … no stone chips. Maybe Im lucky or roads in my area are not bad.

But with your feedback I may go with PPF on a front and ceramic coat all the car with this gold pack.

Will see will anyone else has some more to share. Thanks bro!
You might want to check the viability of Ceramic Pro Gold with PPF. I know Xpel has a ceramic coating made explicitly for their PPF that the shop that did my PPF on my G82 recommended. It might be marketing, but the difference in price between Ceramic Pro Gold and Xpel ceramic for their PPF is substantial (Xpel is much less expensive).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 11:55 PM   #5
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I have ceramicPro silver since January and love it. Car is easy to clean and I have not had any issues yet. Sometimes I'll just rinse with a high pressure hose and a leaf blower and it's good to go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 12:01 AM   #6
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Thanks!

Good question on ceramic coating vs ppf manufacturer "compatibility". Need to get some quotes but if decide on Ceramic Pro I will most likly use their product Kavaca PPf on front, and maybe Kavaca Window Tint they introduced year ago.

Will check with other shop, Xpel authorized dealer what they will quote and say also …
Will also see price delta.

Both your cars looks outstanding!
Appreciate 1
m4ml1868.00
      07-11-2022, 08:30 PM   #7
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Hey!

As wrote above, today I spent some time talking with both Xpel and CeramicPro Shop.

Interesting what I have learned, at least to me:

XPel : shop specializes in Tint and PPf. No ceramic coating.

- tint: Primer XR or XR Plus 499$ full car. Front windshield extra 199$. Funny, on my present car 3 years ago Primer XR Plus was installed and they discovered with my help haze effect. Depends on the angle/shape of the windows its more or less visible. With me and few other customers having same issue they pulled away from XR Plus installation unless customer insist despite of "warning".

- PPF:
front bumper: 880$
side skirts - 270$
Full hood - 990$
Both fenders - 450$
I was able to see software from Xpel with all components pre cut and all what they recommend. Following their recommendations I would pay 25-50% more. I was ablw to seat with installer watch the car, study all and nail down above numbers. Still installer will provide some discount for total install and will reuse all left material to whatever applications I want for free (example: lamps, mirrors etc.).

Also was able to see newest corvette with work in progress. Installer elaborated how he is studying edges and depends on the quality of "elements edges" he will band the PPf over it with outstanding results that PPF film lines are not visible. Looks outstanding. He also demonstrated to me ppf effect on carbon, which gives extra great depth and better the original look.

Note: despite of Xpel cut outs are even for every single plastic grill element, he strongly does not recommend that. He has seen during some repairs PPF will peel off coating from front grill plastic elements. But said he can asses is when he see the car.

Ceramic Pro Shop:
- installer is aware about Kavaca films but feedback was interesting. He said he is not installing it unless its proven over time. Introduced 2 years ago, nice on paper… not proven to justify price yet. As he personally standing behind his local reputation he wants to wait more. He recommended Xpel film.
- ceramic coating: he is offering 3 plans which excludes gold as he believes he does not have arguments to justify life time warranty for a car that customers will not keep forever. Can be done still per request, but he is not pushing it. His max and what he recommends based on car use is Platinum for which he gives 7 years warranty plus annual maintenance without additional charge
For Platinum he is adding one extra later of coating for free, so with all prep, 2 laters of main coat plus 1 layer of top coat.
Platinium: 1100$ prep 350$
Note: I forgot the name but he is using two coating, Ceramic Pro on non- PPF parts, and other brand over PPF elements.

BTW: was great to see huge Chevy track in partial PPF with ceramic coating ready all in fire red color and depth like never seen before on a pick up track.

I hope that some of it will also help others. Im decided to go with Ceramic Pro and Xpel. Not just how far with PPF i want to go but rather will stick with front bumper and side skirts.

Thank you all!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #8
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

For some counter balance I have ceramic and PPF etc and I would not bother again with it TBH

It's a massive amount of money so it really depends on how long you are keeping the car. If it's only for a couple of years I would just get the car detailed and have a really nice wax / sealant applied every 3/6 months. I think the traditional waxes give much more 'pop' to the paint. The ceramic has some Hydrophobic properties etc but it doesn't shine like a good old wax to my eye, atleast not for long. It does make it a bit easier to clean but I think it's marginal

The PPF does it's job but again in hind sight with the amount of miles I do it's over kill. If I got a chip
Or two I would just live with it next time or touch it up

I had my PPF damaged by a valet parking guy after 3 weeks which left a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't 100% happy with every little detail on the install so maybe my experience was tainted by this a little bit

If you're sure you want to go this route make sure you go with a good shop with skilled technicians. The quality of work and prices vary widely. Buyer beware
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #9
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
For some counter balance I have ceramic and PPF etc and I would not bother again with it TBH

It's a massive amount of money so it really depends on how long you are keeping the car. If it's only for a couple of years I would just get the car detailed and have a really nice wax / sealant applied every 3/6 months. I think the traditional waxes give much more 'pop' to the paint. The ceramic has some Hydrophobic properties etc but it doesn't shine like a good old wax to my eye, atleast not for long. It does make it a bit easier to clean but I think it's marginal

The PPF does it's job but again in hind sight with the amount of miles I do it's over kill. If I got a chip
Or two I would just live with it next time or touch it up

I had my PPF damaged by a valet parking guy after 3 weeks which left a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't 100% happy with every little detail on the install so maybe my experience was tainted by this a little bit

If you're sure you want to go this route make sure you go with a good shop with skilled technicians. The quality of work and prices vary widely. Buyer beware
Totally respect your point of view. Will not lie that it went and sometimes is coming back to my head when I do look on total $ I will need to spend. Then questions was coming, DPs, CAI, Jb4 or RC…. Seems like I would get exterior "protection/look" for same price of "performance enhancement".

Money not yet spend, still few weeks to change my mind :
Appreciate 0