BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #23
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

It's tough to be a car junkie.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #24
Alvinmark12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quevoo8 View Post
Maybe move to FL? While we do have some busy parts. Lots of road to open up your cars.
I am in Florida. On 95 doing 100mph people are flashing you that you are going to slow.
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #25
Dr. Ice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

For me…….it would be cheaper to have a drug habit😏
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #26
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I am. I planned on having this car through probably the LCI, but am considering an M8.

I detailed my thoughts here:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=10
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #27
billings86er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp Xdrive (sold).

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2023 (at port) G80x  [0.00]
The same disease

I also have the disease. I am 35 and have owned over 25 cars.
All sorts of cars, alot of trucks and vettes.

I bought an immaculate low mileage 2001 530i about five years ago, my first bimmer. It was a slow, older model car, but I just loved the way it felt and drove (and looked). I went on to buy a 2015 manual M3, then a comp 2016 M3 DCT. I loved them both, but for reasons of moving and job got rid of it for a new truck.

I had my dream car on order the last year + (corvette c8) and finally received my car in July. With the crazy C8 market, and the opportunity of profit I saw, I listed my car, even though I loved it more than any car I've ever had, I couldnt resist the opportunity of making $30k. I didnt think it would really sell for the insane number I was asking....when it did, after only owning the car 5 weeks, I sold it. (as i do have a Z06 allocation reserved) However, I wont be getting that one for a while haha, sooooo I did what any reasonable car junky would do. I immediately ordered a 2022 Comp Xdrive. Lets see if the G80 can turn me to a Bimmer guy ?!?!?
Appreciate 3
Quevoo8297.00
BGM-M3COMP2329.50
02M3ForMe4266.00
      10-04-2021, 12:04 AM   #28
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Lol I’m in a similar position but in reverse. Had a fully loaded 21’ M3 Comp (except ceramics and carbon buckets / exterior) that unfortunately got totalled. I finally was able to secure an allocation for another later (same build but 2022 xDrive) but as it was taking a while I got fed up with waiting and got a 21’ RS5 Sportback in Tango Red, Black interior with red crescendo stitching and black optic launch edition Package. Car is incredible and interior is amazing (and exterior as well). The virtual cockpit is awesome. The LC is amazing. Knowing that the M3 AWD has an even faster LC is making me reconsider.. again. I still have the other M3 coming in and am wondering if I should swap or not. I’m legitimately 50/50 on this as there’s things I love about both. I do like that the RS5 is quieter and more comfortable, better sound system, etc. As this will be primarily a DD and road trip car logically my brain says to keep it, but the M3 did have that more special drive factor so my heart is making me reconsider. First world problems 🤣

I just don’t know if I’ll be able to even trade it in for enough to come out at least equal. I got the car for 86.5k (89.3k MSRP) at 2900 miles (new ones were going for 5k over MSRP) and it’s got about 5150 miles. Will probably be at 6000-7000 by the time the M3 comes in. But the M3 would also be at 0.9% for 60 months vs. the 2.59% for the RS5.
I can tell you that the M3 Comp without AWD walls the RS5 handily and with it I'm sure the case will be the same. I'm still doing break in and have only gone above 5K rpm a couple do times accidentally. The car is much faster even driving like that than an RS5 which tells me it's going to be a wild ride. The power hits hard around 2800-3K RPM and seems to pull hard to redline unlike most cars these days which have low end torque / mid range but lack the high end power.

You had a M3 before so I'm sure you understand. The AWD makes it bonkers because you always hook up. Once I get a chance to properly drive the car Post break in I'm sure it will not disappoint
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4266.00
      10-04-2021, 06:37 AM   #29
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by billings86er View Post
62 and 56 here (at this point, does it matter which number is age or vehicles?!?). Four MINIs, two Jeeps, one Honda; the rest German (but no Mercedes).

At this stage in life, we’re keeping vehicles longer and only have two. (We had as many as six at one time.).
Appreciate 2
mattburks750.50
Quevoo8297.00
      10-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #30
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
I am a car junkie. I haven't kept any car that I've owned longer than 1 year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
It's a disease, good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
The M3 is my 17th BMW and it is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
This itch has a name: AADD (automotive attention deficit disorder). ... Shortest was 4 weeks (twice).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Quote:
Quote:
62 and 56 here (at this point, does it matter which number is age or vehicles?!?)
We should start a club.

You can see from my sig line that I've had a few BMWs. And a few Porsches, some Corvettes, and some other domestics better left unsaid. I have a spreadsheet, because it became too difficult to keep track of them: the M4 is #61. That's not counting the motorcycles. My average is 13 months. I could have retired 15 years ago if I didn't have this disease.

Like some of you, I've been thinking of selling the M4 to take advantage of the prices, and order an M3. The M4 is great, but it's not my first color choice, I'd like to have full leather, and if I had to do it over again, I'd prefer 4 doors. I'd probably use BaT or C&B to sell it, as my dealer likely wouldn't give me squat for it (they're not tremendously generous).

My problem is: I'd have to buy something else to hold me over until the M3 came in, and as I plan to get Individual paint, it could take longer than usual. It's rare that I have only one car - I'm not used to this scenario.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
Quevoo8297.00
      10-04-2021, 09:38 AM   #31
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

I have the opposite problem. I tend to marry my beloved purchases, and drive them until they drop. I pick cars I like a lot, modify them tastefully (in my mind, anyway) and then fall in love with them.

Then I drive them for years, upon years.

I had a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Turbo, that I sold with 290,000 miles (turbos finally blew, but someone bought the car, replaced the turbos, and kept driving it).

Then I got a 2001 Lexus GS430, sold it with 330,000 miles (was still running).

I got a 2015 BMW M4, only kept that a year. And then I got a 2013 M3 convertible, now at 135,000 miles, still driving it. Likely will drive it until it drops. Love my E93.

Now I have a G82, and we'll see if I "marry" this one. I like it a lot, but not fully in love yet. Time will tell.

But my track record is to keep cars for a long while.

I always have other cars in the fleet, like SUVs or sedans for hauling people and stuff. And I tend to keep those for a long time too.
Appreciate 1
EXE462101.50
      10-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #32
Quevoo8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Competiton

Quote:

I bought an immaculate low mileage 2001 530i about five years ago, my first bimmer. It was a slow, older model car, but I just loved the way it felt and drove (and looked). I went on to buy a 2015 manual M3, then a comp 2016 M3 DCT. I loved them both, but for reasons of moving and job got rid of it for a new truck.

I had my dream car on order the last year + (corvette c8) and finally received my car in July. With the crazy C8 market, and the opportunity of profit I saw, I listed my car, even though I loved it more than any car I've ever had, I couldnt resist the opportunity of making $30k. I didnt think it would really sell for the insane number I was asking....when it did, after only owning the car 5 weeks, I sold it. (as i do have a Z06 allocation reserved) However, I wont be getting that one for a while haha, sooooo I did what any reasonable car junky would do. I immediately ordered a 2022 Comp Xdrive. Lets see if the G80 can turn me to a Bimmer guy ?!?!?
It's funny that you said this lol, I have C8's in my inventory and after driving them really liked it. I decided to reserve a Z06 slot but like you said probably won't see that till maybe 2023…now being in the business I've seen what guys has sold them to us for so I can only imagine if I'll actually keep the car 😭😂 $50k profit or more, who knows?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #33
Quevoo8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Competiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
I am a car junkie. I haven't kept any car that I've owned longer than 1 year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
It's a disease, good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
The M3 is my 17th BMW and it is amazing.
Quote:
This itch has a name: AADD (automotive attention deficit disorder). ... Shortest was 4 weeks (twice).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Quote:
Quote:
62 and 56 here (at this point, does it matter which number is age or vehicles?!?)
We should start a club.

You can see from my sig line that I've had a few BMWs. And a few Porsches, some Corvettes, and some other domestics better left unsaid. I have a spreadsheet, because it became too difficult to keep track of them: the M4 is #61. That's not counting the motorcycles. My average is 13 months. I could have retired 15 years ago if I didn't have this disease.

Like some of you, I've been thinking of selling the M4 to take advantage of the prices, and order an M3. The M4 is great, but it's not my first color choice, I'd like to have full leather, and if I had to do it over again, I'd prefer 4 doors. I'd probably use BaT or C&B to sell it, as my dealer likely wouldn't give me squat for it (they're not tremendously generous).

My problem is: I'd have to buy something else to hold me over until the M3 came in, and as I plan to get Individual paint, it could take longer than usual. It's rare that I have only one car - I'm not used to this scenario.
Isle of Man really wasn't my first choice, I wanted to go individual but with what they were telling me with the delays I decided to go with it. Normally I like to have a color that is more unique so that even if I see the same car mine is different in a way…now that I've seen multiple isle of man cars running around I think that's what initially started the itch. I think ordering a G80 in an individual later will be the better option.
Appreciate 1
LuvMyE923004.50
      10-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #34
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The car needs to be exciting to keep. The G80 is probably not meeting a certain expectation for some of you.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 1
Salespunk1745.00
      10-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #35
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
The car needs to be exciting to keep. The G80 is probably not meeting a certain expectation for some of you.
I think this is a problem for most new cars. Insanely quick, incredibly competent, but lacking personality and soul. They have become so well engineered that all the quirks and nuances that made them endearing are gone.

I lost count of the number of cars I have owned a while ago, but for me I always have a truck, a family hauler/luxury SUV and something fun. I care about the drive more than name badges or raw performance. My current lineup is;

Ram 2500 diesel
X7
M3C

My performance car list is pretty extensive and runs the gamut from American muscle to JDM to Euro. Here is a partial list in close to chronological order;

Mustang Fox body 5.0 - This is the car that taught me how to drift
Camaro IROC
944 TurboS
Sentra SE-R - Taught me how fun a FWD car could be and that high redlines are awesome. I would pay a lot of money to have a clean one again.
GTI 16v
328is - First BMW and it hooked me on the brand
S2000 - A pure drivers car
S4
E90 M3 - Should have never sold it
'85 911 Euro - World's biggest idiot for selling this one. 88K original miles with a perfect spec.
F10 M5 - Least favorite BMW of all time
F82 M4 - Good, but not great
F90 M5 - A return to form for the M division
Civic TypeR - One of, if not the best drivers car I have owned
G80 M3- An amazing mixture of performance and luxury. Probably the best M car I have owned

Stacks of other cars in between all of these, but most were not memorable
Appreciate 2
Quevoo8297.00
      10-04-2021, 02:00 PM   #36
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I can tell you that the M3 Comp without AWD walls the RS5 handily and with it I'm sure the case will be the same. I'm still doing break in and have only gone above 5K rpm a couple do times accidentally. The car is much faster even driving like that than an RS5 which tells me it's going to be a wild ride. The power hits hard around 2800-3K RPM and seems to pull hard to redline unlike most cars these days which have low end torque / mid range but lack the high end power.

You had a M3 before so I'm sure you understand. The AWD makes it bonkers because you always hook up. Once I get a chance to properly drive the car Post break in I'm sure it will not disappoint
Oh no doubt. That was the most impressive thing about it by far - that higher end RPM power where it just pulls and pulls and does not let up. That.. might be the most disappointing thing about the RS5 so far is that it doesn't have that factor. Lower end power (when you're mostly in the city or just accelerating from a stop) seems similar. LC on the RS5 is incredible so I can only imagine what the M3 xDrive will be like.

I remember being in manual and dropping to 2nd - 5th gear and revving it from 3 - 4K RPM and the car will literally go like a rocket. RS5 doesn't really have that same feeling in manual which is disappointing.

And this is really the crux of my dilemma. I miss the more exhilarating power of my M3 Comp (which will be even more in the xDrive version), but the reality is i'll really only be using this as a DD / Road Trip car. I might never even take this thing to the track.. so i'm trying to debate if it's worth the more power and visceral feel or not. The good news it that the G80s are very capable as DD cars too and the tech in them is basically parallel (or in some cases better) to the RS5.

However, the RS5 wins in the most important departments:
  1. Better MPG
  2. More comfortable / quiter ride in comfort mode (important for rougher roads and road trips)
  3. Better sound system. HK is alright but it's 450 watts and 16 speakers vs Bang & Olufsen's 19 speakers, subwoofers, and 750 watts. The 3D is also better in the B & O

The Adaptive CC is kind of annoying in the RS5 though. In the M3 as long as your hand is on the steering wheel it can detect it (through touch) and the car will drive and steer itself. The Audi has the same system but it's lacking the wheel touch part - you actually have to manually jerk the steering wheel every now and then or the adaptive CC will cancel out. It's incredibly stupid when you're going on a straight highway to have to steer a little bit lmao - and i'm not just talking slightly moving the steering wheel; you actually have to turn it a decent amount like an actual turn. It's just dumb. I do like that in the RS5 you can turn on the self-steering lane assist individual of the adaptive cruise control (the one that steers the car for you along curves). As far as I can tell that feature is only available by enabling the adaptive cruise control in the M3 (but I may be wrong).

Then there's a couple of over things. The virtual cockpit in Audi is awesome (especially with the maps) but the Apple Carplay integration is better in the M3 as you can actually see your contacts and some apple maps directions on the dash whereas in the Audi you can't at all (have to use the MMI).

I do like that the M3 still has the knob to control the iDrive whereas in the RS5 it's all touch screen. It's also dumb that there's no tachometer in the heads up display on the RS5 but the M3 has the nice big one in M-Mode. However I also find it annoying that you can't program M-MODE to M1 or M2 and have to manually click it whereas in the RS5 hitting RS Mode automatically changes the dash for you.

I like that in the RS5 you can see the temperatures on the knobs and actually increase / decrease the temperature quickly with those instead of having to use up / down arrows like in the M3 which is just.. kind of tacky. The actual screen for the AC controls looks much nicer on the RS5 too than the M3 (which just has that tiny screen). Ambient lighting is pretty nice on both but I think I prefer the RS5's and the fact that you can customize and individual one where the M3 doesn't let you. I also love the mix of leather with Alcantera and CF. Interior wise and steering wheel, etc feels nicer but the M3 did also feel nice and premium. RS5 doesn't have ventilated seats but it does have massaging seats.

So as you can see there's pros and cons to both cars. Ultimately i'm trying to decide as the DD / Road Trip car which will be the best for me.. while also factoring in that even if i'm not planning to track this car, I DO love driving even if it's a 5 minute drive to the gas station and I want that core driving experience to be as fun as possible.

Last edited by dimmy; 10-04-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 3
      10-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #37
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Oh no doubt. That was the most impressive thing about it by far - that higher end RPM power where it just pulls and pulls and does not let up. That.. might be the most disappointing thing about the RS5 so far is that it doesn't have that factor. Lower end power (when you're mostly in the city or just accelerating from a stop) seems similar. LC on the RS5 is incredible so I can only imagine what the M3 xDrive will be like.

I remember being in manual and dropping to 2nd - 5th gear and revving it from 3 - 4K RPM and the car will literally go like a rocket. RS5 doesn't really have that same feeling in manual which is disappointing.

And this is really the crux of my dilemma. I miss the more exhilarating power of my M3 Comp (which will be even more in the xDrive version), but the reality is i'll really only be using this as a DD / Road Trip car. I might never even take this thing to the track.. so i'm trying to debate if it's worth the more power and visceral feel or not. The good news it that the G80s are very capable as DD cars too and the tech in them is basically parallel (or in some cases better) to the RS5.

However, the RS5 wins in the most important departments:
  1. Better MPG
  2. More comfortable / quiter ride in comfort mode (important for rougher roads and road trips)
  3. Better sound system. HK is alright but it's 450 watts and 16 speakers vs Bang & Olufsen's 19 speakers, subwoofers, and 750 watts. The 3D is also better in the B & O

The Adaptive CC is kind of annoying in the RS5 though. In the M3 as long as your hand is on the steering wheel it can detect it (through touch) and the car will drive and steer itself. The Audi has the same system but it's lacking the wheel touch part - you actually have to manually jerk the steering wheel every now and then or the adaptive CC will cancel out. It's incredibly stupid when you're going on a straight highway to have to steer a little bit lmao - and i'm not just talking slightly moving the steering wheel; you actually have to turn it a decent amount like an actual turn. It's just dumb. I do like that in the RS5 you can turn on the self-steering lane assist individual of the adaptive cruise control (the one that steers the car for you along curves). As far as I can tell that feature is only available by enabling the adaptive cruise control in the M3 (but I may be wrong).

Then there's a couple of over things. The virtual cockpit in Audi is awesome (especially with the maps) but the Apple Carplay integration is better in the M3 as you can actually see your contacts and some apple maps directions on the dash whereas in the Audi you can't at all (have to use the MMI).

I do like that the M3 still has the knob to control the iDrive whereas in the RS5 it's all touch screen. It's also dumb that there's no tachometer in the heads up display on the RS5 but the M3 has the nice big one in M-Mode. However I also find it annoying that you can't program M-MODE to M1 or M2 and have to manually click it whereas in the RS5 hitting RS Mode automatically changes the dash for you.

I like that in the RS5 you can see the temperatures on the knobs and actually increase / decrease the temperature quickly with those instead of having to use up / down arrows like in the M3 which is just.. kind of tacky. The actual screen for the AC controls looks much nicer on the RS5 too than the M3 (which just has that tiny screen). Ambient lighting is pretty nice on both but I think I prefer the RS5's and the fact that you can customize and individual one where the M3 doesn't let you. I also love the mix of leather with Alcantera and CF. Interior wise and steering wheel, etc feels nicer but the M3 did also feel nice and premium. RS5 doesn't have ventilated seats but it does have massaging seats.

So as you can see there's pros and cons to both cars. Ultimately i'm trying to decide as the DD / Road Trip car which will be the best for me.. while also factoring in that even if i'm not planning to track this car, I DO love driving even if it's a 5 minute drive to the gas station and I want that core driving experience to be as fun as possible.
I've owned a few Audis and their rubber dash kills me, even the leather used is only okay. I think build quality goes to BMW. Audi does have nice feeling knobs with solid clicks, MMI is a hot mess on a good day especially with how they've changed it. BMWs drivers assist is simply better overall. Most of your points are good but I DD my M3 with CF buckets and love every second of it. The power is intoxicating and you have zero issues pulling on someone. For traffic unjust drop a gear and I'm good, even in efficient mode it's hilariously quick. Ride quality is fine over the roads here, even over train tracks. I think the presence of the M3 is something that sets it apart. Nothing else looks like this thing and it always draws a crowd. I enjoyed my Audis but I don't miss the throttle delay when you flood it and the car seemingly forgers you touched the gas. There's like a weird delay which I've also experienced in an R8 so I don't think it's merely one model. I also like the bold color choices all around as you can see by my car (check my sig). The only Audi I would buy is an RS6 but that's really all.

Overall I think it's all preference, I will launch my M3 and probably laugh as it pulls over 1G without an issue from what I've seen. Hell when I go from a standstill you can pull 1G per the meter in your gauge cluster or center screen without trying. Once the S58 is going it's a freight train and you're not slowing down.
Appreciate 1
Quevoo8297.00
      10-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #38
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I've owned a few Audis and their rubber dash kills me, even the leather used is only okay. I think build quality goes to BMW. Audi does have nice feeling knobs with solid clicks, MMI is a hot mess on a good day especially with how they've changed it. BMWs drivers assist is simply better overall. Most of your points are good but I DD my M3 with CF buckets and love every second of it. The power is intoxicating and you have zero issues pulling on someone. For traffic unjust drop a gear and I'm good, even in efficient mode it's hilariously quick. Ride quality is fine over the roads here, even over train tracks. I think the presence of the M3 is something that sets it apart. Nothing else looks like this thing and it always draws a crowd. I enjoyed my Audis but I don't miss the throttle delay when you flood it and the car seemingly forgers you touched the gas. There's like a weird delay which I've also experienced in an R8 so I don't think it's merely one model. I also like the bold color choices all around as you can see by my car (check my sig). The only Audi I would buy is an RS6 but that's really all.

Overall I think it's all preference, I will launch my M3 and probably laugh as it pulls over 1G without an issue from what I've seen. Hell when I go from a standstill you can pull 1G per the meter in your gauge cluster or center screen without trying. Once the S58 is going it's a freight train and you're not slowing down.
Agreed with most of your points except the interior build quality.. I can't speak for all Audis as this is my first so far (have always been BMW) but the RS5 is a step up over the M3 IMO. What I mean by that is that the leather, CF, alcantera feels nice but even moreso i'm talking about squeaks when you press on the trim - there's virtually none and it's very solid whereas in all my BMWs (2013 328ix, 2020 330ix, 2020 M340i and 2021 M3 Comp) the interior squeaked when you pressed on it. That translated into rattles which absolutely drove me insane. I've been to the dealer for numerous BMWs with just about every single possible noise imaginable..

Headliner buzzing
Central Speaker rattles / buzzing
Center Dash (behind the iDrive) rattles
Door rattles (everything from the lock / unlock knob to a random cable coming loose for the speaker)
B Pillar Rattles
Glovebox rattles
Moonroof rattles
Steering wheel rattles / buzzing

Not trying to start a war here or anything.. just documenting what i've personally experienced, and you can even pop into a thread here about people going through rattles on their brand new M3s as well. Funny enough my own M3 (which had 475 miles before it was totalled) had the center speaker rattle but only over a very coarse stretch of the I10 here in Phoenix. Was not enough to bother me to take it in but I was going to bring it up during the 1200 break in.

My RS5 at 5000 miles in comparison is much quieter and the only thing I've noticed sometimes is a buzzing sound behind the steering wheel over certain roads, so even that one is not perfect.

Either way it looks like i'm going to probably switch over to the M3 for all the other points you've mentioned. That power truly is just intoxicating and looks wise I agree that as controversial as that front end is, the car is an attention grabber and there's nothing like it either. I've had the same color combo as you btw (I posted pics in the first page) but decided to go IOMG / Tartufo this time and 826m black wheels instead of bi-colors just to switch things up. My car is at the port in Bremhaven now waiting for a ship and once it comes in there's a stop sale for the audio receiver module which hopefully won't take long.

BTW I agree with you it being stupid quick even in comfort mode. That was the one thing that surprised me because I kind of expected it to be more like my M340i where you HAD to put it in sport mode because comfort still felt too granny like.. but not here. The one thing I find kind of annoying is that it still has the damn auto start / stop. I can't recall if it remembers your last setting (e.g. if you turn it off if it stays off the next time you start the car) but I hope it does. The RS5 doesn't even have that shit which makes sense for the top performance trim models.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #39
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:

The G80 turned me into a bimmer guy lol

Although i did have some feelings for the F80. Just not enough for me to go get one. But the F80 is when the luxury performance itch needed to get scratched. Then i finally couldn't take it and ordered an M3C.

How far as you in the C8 z06 waiting list? I'm 1xx on macmulkins list. So i should get a guaranteed first year model. Might be a good thing or a bad thing. But i don't care for 1st year problems, that's what warranties are for LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #40
billings86er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp Xdrive (sold).

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2023 (at port) G80x  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
The G80 turned me into a bimmer guy lol

Although i did have some feelings for the F80. Just not enough for me to go get one. But the F80 is when the luxury performance itch needed to get scratched. Then i finally couldn't take it and ordered an M3C.

How far as you in the C8 z06 waiting list? I'm 1xx on macmulkins list. So i should get a guaranteed first year model. Might be a good thing or a bad thing. But i don't care for 1st year problems, that's what warranties are for LOL
I am #14 at a medium size dealer, and then am going to reserve at Ciocca once official Z06 announcement happens so Im thinking its possible i get one this time next year, but probably not.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #41
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Sell the G80, forget the Tiguan or whatever.
And go all in.
      10-04-2021, 05:45 PM   #42
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
I am #14 at a medium size dealer, and then am going to reserve at Ciocca once official Z06 announcement happens so Im thinking its possible i get one this time next year, but probably not.

Ciocca's mainline will be working OT once october 26 comes. EVERYONE will be calling in to place their deposit for an allocation.

I think i'm content with my 1xx spot at macmulkin.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2021, 10:24 PM   #43
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed with most of your points except the interior build quality.. I can't speak for all Audis as this is my first so far (have always been BMW) but the RS5 is a step up over the M3 IMO. What I mean by that is that the leather, CF, alcantera feels nice but even moreso i'm talking about squeaks when you press on the trim - there's virtually none and it's very solid whereas in all my BMWs (2013 328ix, 2020 330ix, 2020 M340i and 2021 M3 Comp) the interior squeaked when you pressed on it. That translated into rattles which absolutely drove me insane. I've been to the dealer for numerous BMWs with just about every single possible noise imaginable..

Headliner buzzing
Central Speaker rattles
Center Dash (behind the iDrive) rattles
Door rattles (everything from the lock / unlock knob to a random cable coming loose for the speaker)
B Pillar Rattles
Moonroof rattles
Steering wheel rattles

Not trying to start a war here or anything.. just documenting what i've personally experienced but you can even pop into a thread here about people going through rattles on their brand new M3s. Funny enough my own M3 (which had 475 miles before it was totalled) had the center speaker rattle but only over a very coarse stretch of the I10 here in Phoenix. Was not enough to bother me to take it in but I was going to bring it up during the 1200 break in.

My RS5 at 5000 miles in comparison is much quieter and the only thing I've noticed sometimes is a buzzing sound behind the steering wheel over certain roads, so even that one is not perfect.

Either way it looks like i'm going to probably switch over to the M3 for all the other points you've mentioned. That power truly is just intoxicating and looks like I agree that as controversial as that front end is, the car is an attention grabber and there's nothing like it either. I've had the same color combo as you btw (I posted pics in the first page) but decided to go IOMG / Tartufo this time and 826m black wheels instead of bi-colors just to switch things up. My car is at the port in Bremhaven now waiting for a ship and once it comes in there's a stop sale for the audio receiver module which hopefully won't take long.

BTW I agree with you it being stupid quick even in comfort mode. That was the one thing that surprised me because I kind of expected it to be more like my M340i where you HAD to put it in sport mode because comfort still felt too granny like.. but not here. The one thing I find kind of annoying is that it still has the damn auto start / stop. I can't recall if it remembers your last setting (e.g. if you turn it off if it stays off the next time you start the car) but I hope it does. The RS5 doesn't even have that shit which makes sense for the top performance trim models.
I have no rattles thankfully. I do miss my Bowers and Wilkins system that was in my X5, otherwise I love the M3. I6 engines are my favorite due to their high reviving, smooth nature. You can turn ASS off if you use the M1/M2 buttons and program it. My car basically never shuts the engine off so I forgot it had that feature. I grew up in AZ so I know how I-10 is as well. No reason to have rattles on that road unless it got bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 10:38 PM   #44
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have no rattles thankfully. I do miss my Bowers and Wilkins system that was in my X5, otherwise I love the M3. I6 engines are my favorite due to their high reviving, smooth nature. You can turn ASS off if you use the M1/M2 buttons and program it. My car basically never shuts the engine off so I forgot it had that feature. I grew up in AZ so I know how I-10 is as well. No reason to have rattles on that road unless it got bad.
Ah that's right you can program it to M1 / M2 and just start the car right off in those

Yea this particular stretch is on I-10W right before you get on the 60E, or when you get off the 60W to the I-10E (basically the other side) and are on the I-10E for a little bit till you get to the 202.

It's rough on that stretch on both sides, but thankfully helps to troubleshoot noise issues pretty easily!
Appreciate 0