BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

07-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
croman54321
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw m4 g82, bmw x5 g05

Sport plus exhaust sound in efficient mode?

Is there a way to code the "sport plus" exhaust flap to work in efficient mode?

I know there is the sport exhaust button but the exhaust does not sound as loud when placed in sport plus.
Appreciate 1
SDRX204.00
      07-25-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman54321 View Post

I know there is the sport exhaust button but the exhaust does not sound as loud when placed in sport plus.
Part of that sport plus exhaust sound, the burbles, can only happen when the car is in sport plus

The car forced extra fuel to ignight within the exhaust and those pop pop pops you're hearing are the result of this

This is a waste of fuel so even if you could get the valve to open, you wouldn't hear the burble

P.s. even in sport plus mode the car rarely has the valve 100% open…it only occurs under about 70% throttle, Ik Pretty disappointing blame eu regulations
      07-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamion117 View Post
Quote:

Part of that sport plus exhaust sound, the burbles, can only happen when the car is in sport plus

The car forced extra fuel to ignight within the exhaust and those pop pop pops you're hearing are the result of this

This is a waste of fuel so even if you could get the valve to open, you wouldn't hear the burble

P.s. even in sport plus mode the car rarely has the valve 100% open…it only occurs under about 70% throttle, Ik Pretty disappointing blame eu regulations
pretty sure you can code then to be 100% open in sports mode
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep

you can't, bimmercode doesn't even have a valve coding function... bimmerlink does but the ECU overrides the command once the car is moving and closes the valve to work in OEM fashion

Go to the exhaust portion of bimmerpost this has been looked into extensively most of us are just opting with the old plug method
      07-25-2021, 11:19 PM   #5
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

yea only if you ever go WOT with windows down and no stereo, on upshifts you can hear some farts and similarly in spirited driving downshifts produce a few pops to go with the burbles....

but in idle all you really get is the slight burble tune which is a far cry from the pre production cars TheStraightPipes filmed

im hoping once the components are more "broken in" you'd get more drama but if its literally the valve being not opened fully unless WOT, then its what it is
      07-25-2021, 11:47 PM   #6
croman54321
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense, I guess we'll have to wait until the ecu gets cracked to get custom tune and exhaust valve control. I don't even want the burbles just want the exhaust a little louder. I feel the car faster in efficient mode, idk if it's just me
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #7
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense, I guess we'll have to wait until the ecu gets cracked to get custom tune and exhaust valve control. I don't even want the burbles just want the exhaust a little louder. I feel the car faster in efficient mode, idk if it's just me
That's pretty interesting, what makes you feel like it's faster?

I notice that it's definitely slower in mine, the car is way more responsive in sport plus
      07-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #8
PVC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive

Quote:

I notice that it's definitely slower in mine, the car is way more responsive in sport plus
He is probably flooring the throttle and is spinning his wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #9
croman54321
United_States
Rep

Rk tunes talks about this. Allegedly the throttle closes in sport +

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 03:29 PM   #10
croman54321
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVC View Post
Quote:

He is probably flooring the throttle and is spinning his wheels.
Watch the video, allegedly the throttle closes on sport +
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #11
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

What's Efficient mode? Never heard of it.
Appreciate 0