BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

07-26-2021, 12:46 AM   #23
Telly9987
Just a guy with a heavy foot
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

What was the outcome of the "how to download the footage" portion of this thread lol. So now its recorded a clip of X seconds, how do you see it again and how can I get it onto my phone?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 07:30 AM   #24
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
If you are really worried about your detailer driving your car Id highly recommend taking a picture of your odometer and make sure the shop owner signs off on it.

But honestly if you don't trust your detailer you should go someplace else.
Ditto. You might also explain to the detailer that it's a new car, it is still within the break-in period, and aside from the hidden internal camera, the remote diagnostics that will tell you if anyone is driving the car and of course, the satellite telemetry that will let you know if it is taken off-site, you really don't want anyone driving it, period. If that doesn't work, tell him/her that if anyone does drive it, you will come back and shoot them. Note: this only works in Southern USA states, where we all walked around armed to the teeth and angry about something. j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly9987 View Post
What was the outcome of the "how to download the footage" portion of this thread lol. So now its recorded a clip of X seconds, how do you see it again and how can I get it onto my phone?
There is an option in the "manage recordings" screen to export the video. I presume that it goes to whatever is plugged into the USB port, as I haven't tried it yet.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 10:01 AM   #25
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
I've had blackvue cameras on my last two cars and have one on order for the G80. They can tuck behind the mirror and you'll only see it if you're looking for it. Definitely prefer the "tube" style cams vs the square ones.
Those are pricey but look nice - I’m assuming you need two if you want front and rear coverage. I am looking also at the Garmin dash cam mini. A little bummed that I got the parking parking assistance pkg and it’s insufficient. I have a few weeks to make a change I may remove it. Now just trying to figure out if the parking assistance feature is worth the $. Does anyone have experience with it? Wondering if it’s reliable enough to confidently allow it to take over.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #26
PVC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
Those are pricey but look nice - I’m assuming you need two if you want front and rear coverage. I am looking also at the Garmin dash cam mini. A little bummed that I got the parking parking assistance pkg and it’s insufficient. I have a few weeks to make a change I may remove it. Now just trying to figure out if the parking assistance feature is worth the $. Does anyone have experience with it? Wondering if it’s reliable enough to confidently allow it to take over.
The 360 camera is what you're paying for. Everything else is just bonus.
Appreciate 0