07-27-2021, 07:36 PM   #23
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post

MT is an inferior and outdated technology. It is not actually for anyone that cares about modern engineering and performance excellence. Only reviews that matter are subjective when featuring an optional MT only available in an inferior model variant.

At the risk I'am getting flamed here (again)... but to me, looking at all these G8x MT clips is like looking at a supersonic jet fighter plane with a propeller mounted on it.

I see how they drive with one hand on the steering wheel and having to shift right in the middle of the turn with the risk having to counter lock with one hand (which is a challenge, btw), it's rather the opposite of having control and a perfect context to have you loosing the drift.

Another clip on youtube, typical: you're driving a G80 and when the red light turns green, everybody takes a head start of so much meters and then you have to crawl back by revving it (only as from 2nd, since revving in 1st without the intention of launching gives a guaranteed jerky ride and makes you look like a jerk), to 4000rpm and get back into the pack of kia's etc...

And wait for all these electrics very soon: all packed with instant power from the go. Any soccer mom will be launching from traffic light in a few seconds flat like it's the most normal thing.

Just saying...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #24
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
What kind of video is this? He talks at length about how big the exhaust size is, how he likes the Mach 1 sticker and how this is "potentially" his fav Mustang, and that the tires are almost bald, also that the M4 interior mature and refined, and justifies the 30k price hike… yada yada yada.

Not once did he talk about how either of these cars drive. Kind of confused at the purpose of this video. Lol.
      07-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #25
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
Why are they comparing these two cars? At least compare it to the shelby gt350. Not a Mustang gt with an appearance package.
The Mach 1 has 480 hp, 6 speed from the GT350, and a few other performance goodies. It’s basically a Mustang Bullitt with GT350 goodies. Because the the Bullitt and the Shelby GT350 have been discontinued. It’s not a Mustang GT PP2.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      07-27-2021, 09:41 PM   #26
GerryM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Useless video. Just wasted 11minutes of my life I'll never get back. Thanks bro!
Don't play this video. It's worthless.
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 3
Russ103308.00
Scorp!on1511.50
      07-27-2021, 10:34 PM   #27
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
The Mach 1 has 480 hp, 6 speed from the GT350, and a few other performance goodies. It’s basically a Mustang Bullitt with GT350 goodies. Because the the Bullitt and the Shelby GT350 have been discontinued. It’s not a Mustang GT PP2.
agreed, the mach 1 is probably the appropriate comparison for an M4, especially with the GT350 out of production. Realistically, the GT350 was probably a full step up on the "performance feel" ladder vs the new M4, if not outright a better track performer. I would still rather have the M4 over a GT350 but it is what it is when it comes to their designed purpose. GT350 just had less compromise toward being an everyday car than the M4.

Mach 1 vs M4
480hp vs 473hp
420lbft vs 409lbft
similar curb weights
2+2 with usable trunk
similar available tech,
obviously, interior quality, fit and finish, overall engineering is a different story
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25022.00
WickedBMW612.50
EXE462100.00
      07-27-2021, 10:41 PM   #28
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
The Mach 1 has 480 hp, 6 speed from the GT350, and a few other performance goodies. It's basically a Mustang Bullitt with GT350 goodies. Because the the Bullitt and the Shelby GT350 have been discontinued. It's not a Mustang GT PP2.
agreed, the mach 1 is probably the appropriate comparison for an M4, especially with the GT350 out of production. Realistically, the GT350 was probably a full step up on the "performance feel" ladder vs the new M4, if not outright a better track performer. I would still rather have the M4 over a GT350 but it is what it is when it comes to their designed purpose. GT350 just had less compromise toward being an everyday car than the M4.

Mach 1 vs M4
480hp vs 473hp
420lbft vs 409lbft
similar curb weights
2+2 with usable trunk
similar available tech,
obviously, interior quality, fit and finish, overall engineering is a different story

As I originally surmised, it would seem the comparison is appropriate.
Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
EXE462100.00
      07-28-2021, 12:42 AM   #29
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
The OP created click bait with the word "battle" in the subject title but the good members who posted before me saved me some precious time!!!!

For this I thank you.
I'll do better next time. Didn't know how to capture sarcasm with this battle
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:33 AM   #30
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Good Battle

LOL. This is funny.
Clearly no testing the Ford as it would explode.
Besides the M4 would break Canada's new speed limit 30 times. LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:12 AM   #31
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
At the risk I'am getting flamed here (again)... but to me, looking at all these G8x MT clips is like looking at a supersonic jet fighter plane with a propeller mounted on it.

I see how they drive with one hand on the steering wheel and having to shift right in the middle of the turn with the risk having to counter lock with one hand (which is a challenge, btw), it's rather the opposite of having control and a perfect context to have you loosing the drift.

Another clip on youtube, typical: you're driving a G80 and when the red light turns green, everybody takes a head start of so much meters and then you have to crawl back by revving it (only as from 2nd, since revving in 1st without the intention of launching gives a guaranteed jerky ride and makes you look like a jerk), to 4000rpm and get back into the pack of kia's etc...

And wait for all these electrics very soon: all packed with instant power from the go. Any soccer mom will be launching from traffic light in a few seconds flat like it's the most normal thing.

Just saying...
I can only speak for myself as an MT Driver.

I don't give a damn if people let me behind on the red light, i'm not that kind of person who does that.

I love MT because of the engagement, it makes me feel connected to the car.
Is it outdated tech?
Sure !
Is Auto faster in anyway?
of course?

do I fuc.... care???
NO !

The good thing is, you have the choice.
The ZF is a great Auto. People who miss DCT is not because of performance, but because of engagement. The ZF seems to be the better transmission regarding all the reviews etc.
The thing MT offers.

I think nobody buys an MT because he wants to race someone, he buys it because it makes him/her smile when changing gear etc.
It's much more challenging drift this thing and race it on a track.
I like this challenge, I like the MT.
BMW offers me this. Thank you BMW !
Appreciate 9
bri10425929.50
JTO245274.50
warcity339.00
evilalien450.50
KoenG1428.50
EXE462100.00
2len78.50
GearRex193.50
      07-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #32
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post

I don't give a damn if people let me behind on the red light, i'm not that kind of person who does that.

Is it outdated tech?
Sure !
of course?

do I fuc.... care???
NO !

The ZF is a great Auto. People who miss DCT is not because of performance, but because of engagement. The ZF seems to be the better transmission regarding all the reviews etc.
The thing MT offers.

I think nobody buys an MT because he wants to race someone, he buys it because it makes him/her smile when changing gear etc.
Spot on. Thomas Aquinas' quote about faith perfectly applies to the manual transmission, especially now that cars in general have lost engagement in so many other areas.

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
Appreciate 3
Scorp!on1511.50
EXE462100.00
      07-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #33
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:

Is it outdated tech?
Sure !
of course?

do I fuc.... care???
NO !

The thing MT offers.

+1... but if being fastest is your thing, just get an EV with no transmission, since the automatic transmission is now outdated technology
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1511.50
KoenG1428.50
      07-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #34
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:
The Mach 1 has 480 hp, 6 speed from the GT350, and a few other performance goodies. It's basically a Mustang Bullitt with GT350 goodies. Because the the Bullitt and the Shelby GT350 have been discontinued. It's not a Mustang GT PP2.

Mach 1 vs M4
480hp vs 473hp
420lbft vs 409lbft
similar curb weights
2+2 with usable trunk
similar available tech,
All those bits of info you point out are right, but the suspension and brakes are a joke on a Mustang gt/Mach 1/bullit which is why I didn't think they should be compared but I get where y'all are coming from. The shelby has the 2+2 and weight and all, only difference is the increase in hp, which yeah probably a Shelby would take the m4 in a roll race. I'm sure the tq of the turbo engine would take a race
From a dig.
But yeah main thing is all the comforts and interior, which is why I'll be trading mine in (most likely) for a g80.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:43 AM   #35
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

This guy is cranking these videos out for clicks. I just watched a video where he was comparing launch 0-60 of the RS3 to an M2 but left the RS3 in Normal mode on purpose. I don't get it. Nobody does. I see his standards haven't increased in this video.

As an aside; the manual vs auto comments in this thread are really weird. Manual drivers will get the manual. Auto drivers will buy the auto. And.. if you really think a torque converter auto is cutting edge tech and picked your comp specifically for that... well power to you I guess.
EXE462100.00
      07-28-2021, 09:47 AM   #36
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
All those bits of info you point out are right, but the suspension and brakes are a joke on a Mustang gt/Mach 1/bullit which is why I didn't think they should be compared but I get where y'all are coming from. The shelby has the 2+2 and weight and all, only difference is the increase in hp, which yeah probably a Shelby would take the m4 in a roll race. I'm sure the tq of the turbo engine would take a race
From a dig.
But yeah main thing is all the comforts and interior, which is why I'll be trading mine in (most likely) for a g80.
I don't know your experience with the latest gen mustangs, especially the performance variants, but the call out on the capability of the suspension and brakes is just not accurate, while refinement is not on par with the M4, actual capability on a race track is likely near equal or possibly better than an M4. Which is why these two would be a good real comparison test.

The Mach 1 uses the GT350 subframes, 6 piston 15 inch brembos and more aggressive rubber than M will offer.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #37
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:
From a dig.
I don't know your experience with the latest gen mustangs, especially the performance variants, but the call out on the capability of the suspension and brakes is just not accurate, while refinement is not on par with the M4, actual capability on a race track is likely near equal or possibly better than an M4. Which is why these two would be a good real comparison test.

The Mach 1 uses the GT350 subframes, 6 piston 15 inch brembos and more aggressive rubber than M will offer.
I own a 350 so I'm very familiar and drove a Mach 1 and it was very VERY different. Did not feel at all like my car. I didn't know it had the same brakes. Those brakes are amazing! Idk After driving a Mach 1 it just disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #38
warcity
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Manual

Quote:
Quote:

Just saying...

Is it outdated tech?
Sure !
of course?

do I fuc.... care???
NO !

The thing MT offers.

Quote:
Quote:

Just saying...

Is it outdated tech?
Sure !
of course?

do I fuc.... care???
NO !

The thing MT offers.

Well said my fried. My thoughts exactly.
      07-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #39
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post

MT is an inferior and outdated technology. It is not actually for anyone that cares about modern engineering and performance excellence. Only reviews that matter are subjective when featuring an optional MT only available in an inferior model variant.

Proud late adapter

More and faster isn't always better, it's just more and faster. Having a slower BMW I own while able to drive the fastest available anytime I want, I can tell you old and slow has merited cause as better.

Evil maniacal laughing from my slow MT vs the weeee of fast. I'll take slow is better any day, any day!
Appreciate 2
      07-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #40
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
This guy is cranking these videos out for clicks. I just watched a video where he was comparing launch 0-60 of the RS3 to an M2 but left the RS3 in Normal mode on purpose. I don't get it. Nobody does. I see his standards haven't increased in this video.

As an aside; the manual vs auto comments in this thread are really weird. Manual drivers will get the manual. Auto drivers will buy the auto. And.. if you really think a torque converter auto is cutting edge tech and picked your comp specifically for that... well power to you I guess.
this guy is anyway a little retard...he had a video where he compared it with the M340i, the M3 was locked or something and he couldn't go over 4k rpm lol. he said the m340i pulls more
also he had a video where he faked the trunk opening with the foot, M4 and M3 don't offer this feature...

he's quiet an idiot, sorry for the words.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #41
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMidas View Post
Why would they do some shit like this and not race them??
Right? I'm glad I didn't waste the whole video and just fast forwarded.
Wtf!?! I scrubbed through the last 4 mins expecting this 'battle' and got nothing. What a waste of my precious bathroom time.
Appreciate 2
stefan2349.50
      07-28-2021, 06:10 PM   #42
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBimmer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMidas View Post
Why would they do some shit like this and not race them??
Right? I'm glad I didn't waste the whole video and just fast forwarded.
Wtf!?! I scrubbed through the last 4 mins expecting this 'battle' and got nothing. What a waste of my precious bathroom time.
You don't have all day in there so you need to make sure it's quality. Carfection, Hagerty, Throttle House.
      07-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #43
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

All these videos are exactly the same. They're edited the same, filmed the same. The "content creators" speak in the same exaggerated manner. I can't watch any of it.
Appreciate 3
stefan2349.50
Scorp!on1511.50
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      07-29-2021, 05:38 AM   #44
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Useless video. Just wasted 11minutes of my life I'll never get back. Thanks bro!
You will feel good to know that you saved someone else' 11 minutes…thnx man
In this age of social media, everyone is a car reviewer and doing stupid reviews.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50