BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-16-2023, 11:00 PM   #23
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunjayk18 View Post
When I placed my deposit my SA had me sign a spec that was hastily whipped together just to get a spot in line, was told an 8-12 month wait. I wanted to do an individual color and add some options and he had told me that I would be able to choose this color when I receive an allocation. I would receive a call when I get the allocation, never got the call. By experience, many have said they get multiple calls from their SA throughout the process. If I hadn’t gone in and asked I would have just gotten a call that the car is at the dealership, definitely not the experience that I was expecting. My SA said he’ll see what he can do, I’ll give him the weekend. I’m expecting a call Monday if not I’m walking. Thank you for your response.
That signature is just you accepting the spec, even worse that the spec isn't what you agreed to. You did not sign a contract so you're under no obligation to take any car they're offering you.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 10:41 AM   #24
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

“He’ll see what he can do?”

Run from these guys. How much deposit did you give and how? Credit card?

Don’t even wait for him to call. Politely tell them, you said you would call me to spec the car. You didn’t. I’m not taking this car and I want my deposit back, thanks. Don’t capitulate, just tell them. Politely.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      12-17-2023, 10:46 AM   #25
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E60 525i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
“He’ll see what he can do?”

Run from these guys. How much deposit did you give and how? Credit card?
That’s exactly what he said. Gave them a 2k refundable deposit. Was told I can’t use a credit card and it had to be a check or debit card. Thank you for your response!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      12-17-2023, 11:01 AM   #26
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
That’s exactly what he said. Gave them a 2k refundable deposit. Was told I can’t use a credit card and it had to be a check or debit card. Thank you for your response!
Check or debit card only is a big red flag. They don’t want to deal with chargebacks. Good luck, but I don’t see a positive resolution with them.
Appreciate 2
tatarwj378.00
      12-17-2023, 11:06 AM   #27
GolfCoyote
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I can place you into another immediate allocation if you want.
January week 3 production

email me at nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

Thanks
Gotta second this, Hans was great to work with. Got me an allocation that was 112 then went into 150 like 3 days after I submitted my build sheet.
      12-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #28
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Call him tomorrow and say you’ll be there to pick up your check after work. If they say it’s your car say, you didn’t consult me on a final spec, you can sell it.
Appreciate 3
'Cane8514.50
pateke198.00
      12-17-2023, 07:28 PM   #29
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Quote:
When I placed my deposit my SA had me sign a spec that was hastily whipped together just to get a spot in line, was told an 8-12 month wait. I wanted to do an individual color and add some options and he had told me that I would be able to choose this color when I receive an allocation. I would receive a call when I get the allocation, never got the call. By experience, many have said they get multiple calls from their SA throughout the process. If I hadn’t gone in and asked I would have just gotten a call that the car is at the dealership, definitely not the experience that I was expecting. My SA said he’ll see what he can do, I’ll give him the weekend. I’m expecting a call Monday if not I’m walking. Thank you for your response.
Ya, very odd. Agree, your experience is far from the norm. Is the incoming car exactly the spec on your initial order sheet?

At this point, I wouldn’t waste much time with the SA and go to the GM.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2023, 07:43 PM   #30
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Ya, very odd. Agree, your experience is far from the norm. Is the incoming car exactly the spec on your initial order sheet?

At this point, I wouldn’t waste much time with the SA and go to the GM.
It was built according to the spec sheet but I didn’t give the final approval on it as I should’ve gotten a call and was told I would a call when I got an allocation to make final changes. Changes would be such as an individual color and rims, which I wasn’t able to select when I did the initial deposit to get in line. Definitely will be taking to GM.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 07:47 PM   #31
BryanCO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hey Guys,

My first time posting here, I'd like your guys' opinion on my ordering experience from my dealer for a new G80. In August I put a deposit down to get my spot in the line for an allocation from the factory. I put the basic options that I knew I wanted but was told that I will get a final call to finalize my options when I get an allocation, I was thinking about doing an individual color. I never got a call and today, december 15, I go into the dealership to buy some parts and ask to see where I am on the list and the sales rep tells me my car is already made and is already in the US port. I never got the full buying experience where I could track my car through the production line. I wanted other options such as the laser headlights and the upgraded rims etc. Your input is appreciated. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
What does that mean, you just tell your CA you want a car and when it shows up you take it no matter what it is? Understand that some people don’t care to follow their order along the way, but speccing the car is kinda important.
No, of course not. Everyone is different but specing the car is certainly an activity I enjoy but it has minimal involvement with the salesperson or dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 07:56 PM   #32
BryanCO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It was built according to the spec sheet but I didn’t give the final approval on it as I should’ve gotten a call and was told I would a call when I got an allocation to make final changes. Changes would be such as an individual color and rims, which I wasn’t able to select when I did the initial deposit to get in line. Definitely will be taking to GM.
Humm. Other posters were speculating that the incoming car was someone else’s spec. But if it’s exactly to your initial spec, then that’s highly unlikely. Other than the SA being crappy at their job, I’m not sure whats their motivation. You want a car. They want to sell you a car. They got you a car sooner than expected. They failed to communicate and confirm the spec.

No way I would take the car but maybe give them a chance to fix it (which sounds like what you are doing).
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 08:01 PM   #33
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

What spec is it?

What color and what color were you planning? Just curious.

Wheels aren’t that big a deal to swap if the car is what you want minus a possible individual color and you are on the fence.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 09:14 PM   #34
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I had one of my friends that is in the car business, call one of his contacts, who ended up being a mutual friend, from HS. I went to the dealer, the next day, and ordered the car. I signed an order sheet, that was printed out from the ordering screen, that this was exactly what I ordered.

The CA (Client Advisor, Salesman) went over my order, line by line, even down to the order codes, to make sure the car was coming with bicolor wheels, and not black. This is how things should have gone. I would say, pass, unless you like the spec, because you weren't expecting the car to be ready, anyway.

If you can't find an immediate allocation, I would go with Next Level Auto Brokers for sure. There is no reason to sit on someone's waiting list, and then end up getting the wrong car.

I crack up on posts where I see people say, "After 14 months, my car has finally arrived." That's actually 10 or more months of waiting, like a dumbass, when you can get the car, much quicker. My allocation was also in 112 status when I ordered, and I had the car, in my driveway, in 97 days. Which included 28 days on the RORO carrier, to California.

Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
      12-17-2023, 11:47 PM   #35
bimmerCHAOS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 6MT... with a MOONROOF!

Quote:
Hans is the man. He will hook you up with a legit allocation. Tell you dealer to give you your money back immediately. Hans' fee is worth it.
I second (or third) this! Hans came through for me, as well; consider me an extremely happy customer! (Got an essentially instant allocation through him back in late September, for an October production date at MSRP — when none of the dealers around here in California were particularly interested in doing anything for less than 5-10k over sticker for their allocations. Already took delivery at the beginning of this month!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 01:42 PM   #36
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Whatever happened with this?
Appreciate 2
'Cane8514.50
      12-23-2023, 02:51 PM   #37
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, been a week, we need an update.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2023, 03:19 PM   #38
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Still didn’t get a call from my SA. I went in to the dealership to pick up the part I ordered and asked to talk to my SA. Was told he was on his lunch break and that he was on vacation the past week so hadn’t called me or talked to the new car sales manager for a possible resolution. I’ll be going in to talk to the new car sales manager and get my deposit back. I’m not sure why as a paying customer I can’t get a call back.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 03:23 PM   #39
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Still didn’t get a call from my SA. I went in to the dealership to pick up the part I ordered and asked to talk to my SA. Was told he was on his lunch break and that he was on vacation the past week so hadn’t called me or talked to the new car sales manager for a possible resolution. I’ll be going in to talk to the new car sales manager and get my deposit back.
I’m the last one to tell you this, it you’re being way too laid back about this situation. Go there, speak to a manager. Tell them what your sales guy did and tell them you will wait while they issue your check. Politely, but don’t leave until they print. It for you.
Appreciate 2
      12-23-2023, 03:26 PM   #40
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I’m the last one to tell you this, it you’re being way too laid back about this situation. Go there, speak to a manager. Tell them what your sales guy did and tell them you will wait while they issue your check. Politely, but don’t leave until they print. It for you.
Yeah I’m ready to do that. I will be doing it on Tuesday. I just didn’t want to ruin their Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 07:49 PM   #41
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I’m ready to do that. I will be doing it on Tuesday. I just didn’t want to ruin their Christmas.
Lol what? How will pushing them to sort out this mistake “ruin their Christmas”?

It clearly hasn’t bothered them in the slightest putting a dampener on yours.
Appreciate 3
      12-23-2023, 07:56 PM   #42
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
Lol what? How will pushing them to sort out this mistake “ruin their Christmas”?

It clearly hasn’t bothered them in the slightest putting a dampener on yours.
My pushing them to sort it out was when I went in on Thursday to get my part. Gave him the benefit of the doubt with him getting back from vacation by giving him 2 days. Times up and I’ll be going in on Tuesday. I didn’t want to create bad blood before the weekend.
Appreciate 1
MJBO2616.00
      12-29-2023, 04:19 PM   #43
sunjayk18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey guys,

For those of you that want and update. Scheduled a meeting with the new car sales manager and my CA. Sat down with them and the new car sales manager was unaware of the situation and was very understanding, apologetic, and admitted that the CA had dropped the ball on the whole thing. His resolution was giving us an immediate allocation and we get exactly what we want in a timely manner. Thank you all for your input it’s much appreciated!
Appreciate 3
'Cane8514.50
Fugly M35075.50
s58544.00
      12-29-2023, 04:36 PM   #44
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hope you got a new CA to work with as well. But that’s as good an outcome there as possible.

Edit: in BMW speak;
CA = Client Advisor
SA = Service Advisor
Appreciate 1