BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-12-2022, 09:46 AM   #45
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
I've done this today as finally managed to get my BC app working with my ENET cable and iPhone

Is the sound better than stock? Not 100% convinced but will keep playing around with the settings. Concert does seem better than studio or the other options though..

I'll update when I've decided..:
I'm a week into a G83 with the HK system and feel like, out of the box, it's worse than the 2018 330i I have with the same system. Maybe the convertible top has a bit to do with it but I was pretty disappointed. I coded the B&W and tweaked the settings a bit and can certainly tell a difference. I assume I'll hav to recode once I get past the initial service but can't recall if that's expected or not.
Appreciate 2
MannyS357.00
M4Tejas788.00
      02-12-2022, 09:48 AM   #46
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
What obd2 do you recommend for BimmerCode
There's a thread somewhere with recommendations. I used the ENET cable and lightning/Ethernet adapter and had no issues.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #47
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
I've done this today as finally managed to get my BC app working with my ENET cable and iPhone

Is the sound better than stock? Not 100% convinced but will keep playing around with the settings. Concert does seem better than studio or the other options though..

I'll update when I've decided..:
So I've had mine coded to B&W for 10 days and I've tried numerous different genres of music, to test the sound differences and options.

The best I have found is Concert profile with Intensity set to max and the equaliser set in a shallow "V", with the bass set a couple of notches higher than treble.

For me, this seems to give the best balance across all types of music and I haven't really had any issues with the sound cutting out, or not amplifying in the rear speakers properly, which you get with some of the profiles.

It's definitely better than the OOB HK Logic 7 sound IMO.
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
      02-13-2022, 12:23 AM   #48
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

I read this thread before picking up my car thinking "the G80 M3's stock system can't sound that bad can it?"

It is so awful, it is genuinely befuddling. I am struggling to comprehend how BMW felt it was okay to ship out a car that can be spec'd above $100k in many instances with such a garbage sound system.

I'm irked right now because I somehow doubt a sound profile will fix anything (I am somewhat of an audiophile, just not too picky with car audio.. or wasn't) and I might have to invest money into an aftermarket sound system that I wasn't planning on doing at all. I'll try B&W profiles after the 1200 mile break in, but am already looking into new audio systems for the car.

Absolutely shame on BMW.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      02-13-2022, 05:20 AM   #49
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I read this thread before picking up my car thinking "the G80 M3's stock system can't sound that bad can it?"

It is so awful, it is genuinely befuddling. I am struggling to comprehend how BMW felt it was okay to ship out a car that can be spec'd above $100k in many instances with such a garbage sound system.

I'm irked right now because I somehow doubt a sound profile will fix anything (I am somewhat of an audiophile, just not too picky with car audio.. or wasn't) and I might have to invest money into an aftermarket sound system that I wasn't planning on doing at all. I'll try B&W profiles after the 1200 mile break in, but am already looking into new audio systems for the car.

Absolutely shame on BMW.
You want to be extra irked, buy a $140,000 M8 which also now only gets the HK.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 05:48 AM   #50
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatty View Post
I just ordered a new setup for my G05. I have the HK system. I tried this setting tonight before I read this post. I noticed it has more bass down low, it sounds LOUDER. I am getting the Match 10 DSP, Earthquake underseat subs, and Focal K2 4" components. I am actually thinking about skipping the Match 10DSP for now and just replace the speakers. I would save myself around $1600 in parts. 10DSP with mec analog and harness cost around 1500-1600 depending on dealer. I was quoted $600 for labor to install all. If I skip the amp, that could take another $200 off possibly because they dont have to tune the DSP or install the amp. The K2s will be here on the 29th. Subs here tomorrow. I will post results.
Did you install these?

Interested if the under seat speakers made a big difference? Have you got a link for the correct sound.

I don't think the stock set up sounds bad at all TBH but I'm not listening to it very loudly. I'm mostly listening to the sound of the car which has definitely benefited massively from a mid pipe
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 06:53 PM   #51
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

he system doesn't sound as bad as some here are making it out to be. I set my parameters once I got my car and it sounds good to me. I know this car can be a daily and a track car all in one but I'm typically driving in most cases with the radio off and I'm at the point of my life I don't want a lot loud sound in my ear unless it's exhaust sound.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 10:04 AM   #52
rm56well
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
What obd2 do you recommend for BimmerCode
I have veepeak BLE+ easy to use, available on Amazon.
Just coded B+W, missive improvement back to the same level as my F30.

I'm a dance music and rock guy. Best settings I use are:

Cinema, surround sound intensity at +1, Treble +1, Bass +2.

Hope this helps.
Sparky_12362.00
      05-09-2022, 08:19 PM   #53
Fortyounces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 G80 BSM

I coded off the Active Sound Design and activated the B&W sound options. BIG time difference.

Turning off the ASD allowed the speakers to emit only the music and the B&W modes allowed for some pre-packaged EQ type audio tuning.

Definitely worth the cost of the OBD reader and the BimmerCode app.

I did however hit a snag with the VeePeak OBD reader as the wifi version wont let you access all the Bimmercode settings.

I can attest this combo below (for about the same cost as the VeePeak) worked like a charm….

OHP ENET OBD Cable for BMW ICOM... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V3C47YD...p_mob_ap_share

plus

Lightning to Ethernet Adapter, [Apple MFi Certified] 2 in 1 RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter with Charge Port Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod, Plug and Play, Supports 100Mbps Ethernet Network https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099K2B2YJ...UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 2
BardG212.50
      05-11-2022, 09:52 AM   #54
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyounces View Post
I coded off the Active Sound Design and activated the B&W sound options. BIG time difference.

Turning off the ASD allowed the speakers to emit only the music and the B&W modes allowed for some pre-packaged EQ type audio tuning.

I did however hit a snag with the VeePeak OBD reader as the wifi version wont let you access all the Bimmercode settings.

I can attest this combo below (for about the same cost as the VeePeak) worked like a charm….

OHP ENET OBD Cable for BMW ICOM... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V3C47YD...p_mob_ap_share

plus

Lightning to Ethernet Adapter, [Apple MFi Certified] 2 in 1 RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter with Charge Port Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod, Plug and Play, Supports 100Mbps Ethernet Network https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099K2B2YJ...UTF8&psc=1
Excellent information, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 10:41 AM   #55
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:

plus

I am starting to like the fake sound from the speakers, but really curious just how much better they sound when coded out. When I tried months ago it didn't do anything as I think you had to reach out to bimmercode for separate access or something?

I did like the difference of programming the B&O sounds in, but could that possibly be the big sound difference that you're hearing since you programmed out the exhaust sound out at the same time. Just curious?
      05-11-2022, 12:44 PM   #56
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Quote:

plus

I am starting to like the fake sound from the speakers, but really curious just how much better they sound when coded out. When I tried months ago it didn't do anything as I think you had to reach out to bimmercode for separate access or something?

I did like the difference of programming the B&O sounds in, but could that possibly be the big sound difference that you're hearing since you programmed out the exhaust sound out at the same time. Just curious?
Fair question actually. I don't have my car yet, I can't speak to the fake sounds.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 05:21 AM   #57
zioziozio
Private
Rep
Drives: m550i

Turning off the active sound design is possible with bimmercode. I did this while coding the h/k to b&w.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 01:01 PM   #58
DoubleDave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioziozio View Post
Turning off the active sound design is possible with bimmercode. I did this while coding the h/k to b&w.
If your car has the update from July of last year or later you will need to email BimmerCode support directly from the app (iOS version) and they will send you a TestFlight invitation and you can code it out from there.

Less than ideal but it works.
Appreciate 0