BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
seis-speed's Avatar
United_States
1658
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 1M | Golf R | 911
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

How no Euro Delivery has changed my purchase habits

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
When the F80 was released I got the first allocation I could with Euro Delivery. I had never seen an M3 before ordering and picking up my car at The Welt. I did the same thing with the M2. Both trips included family members.

With the G80, going to be patient. I have zero urgency. Possibly even wait until I can see a car at the dealer, maybe even a test drive. At the same time, I am considering the new CT5V / CT4V or going a completely different route - 7MT Ford Bronco and doing the off-road school and taking my kids along.

No way, I would even be looking around, but here I am waiting and not feeling any urgency to get a spot for Spring.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
solstice
Major General
3050
Rep
5,526
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

I’ve bought all my US BMWs as euro delivery starting well before the Welt existed. Absolutely love the experience and I’ve gotten some of my friends hooked on it as well. It’s very special and strengthens the bond between the buyer and the BMW brand immensely.

That said, it will not change anything in my buying habits other than missing out on the fantastic experience. I’m not going to punish myself with actions to make a point.

It’s just a sad change that I’m ready to accept and move on but will always miss. Hopefully it will make a come back one day.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
187
Rep
4,464
Posts

Drives: TBM F82
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Milwaukee

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
When the F80 was released I got the first allocation I could with Euro Delivery. I had never seen an M3 before ordering and picking up my car at The Welt. I did the same thing with the M2. Both trips included family members.

With the G80, going to be patient. I have zero urgency. Possibly even wait until I can see a car at the dealer, maybe even a test drive. At the same time, I am considering the new CT5V / CT4V or going a completely different route - 7MT Ford Bronco and doing the off-road school and taking my kids along.

No way, I would even be looking around, but here I am waiting and not feeling any urgency to get a spot for Spring.
You had never seen an F80 before picking up your car? Talk about rolling the dice! When I hear stories about Corvette dealers not allowing test drives, that immediately crosses those (or at least specific dealers) off my list.

I miss Euro delivery dearly, but it hasn't stopped me from buying BMWs as well. It only affects my vacation plans and what time of year I buy new cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #4
MR95
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X3, BMWM235
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Picked my F82 at the Welt in June 14. It wasn't my first M car but the European adventure was very special and all my stories just added to me ( and my wife) being an advocate for the brand. I hope they bring it back....
As to the G82.... The lack of ED hasn't prevented me from getting allocation - I just don't feel the passion for this car.. let's see if it changes when I see one.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #5
backslashv
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
You had never seen an F80 before picking up your car? Talk about rolling the dice! When I hear stories about Corvette dealers not allowing test drives, that immediately crosses those (or at least specific dealers) off my list.

I miss Euro delivery dearly, but it hasn't stopped me from buying BMWs as well. It only affects my vacation plans and what time of year I buy new cars.
Did they end the program? I was planning on using it for the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
654
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: '18 YMB M4 / Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
You had never seen an F80 before picking up your car? Talk about rolling the dice! When I hear stories about Corvette dealers not allowing test drives, that immediately crosses those (or at least specific dealers) off my list.

I miss Euro delivery dearly, but it hasn't stopped me from buying BMWs as well. It only affects my vacation plans and what time of year I buy new cars.
Happened to my parents. They are an older upper middle class couple that drove into the dealer in a Corvette and said they wanted to buy the new C7. They were obviously serious buyers yet no dealer they went to would allow them to drive one
__________________
2018 YMB ///M4
2017 YMB ///M4
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #7
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
654
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: '18 YMB M4 / Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashv View Post
Did they end the program? I was planning on using it for the new M3.
Yes. It's ended with no idea if it will ever return. It's very sad for those of us that got hooked on the experience.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rogram-ending/
__________________
2018 YMB ///M4
2017 YMB ///M4
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
VetteGuy
First Lieutenant
368
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: G22 ordered 8/21/20
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: St. Louis, MO. USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Happened to my parents. They are an older upper middle class couple that drove into the dealer in a Corvette and said they wanted to buy the new C7. They were obviously serious buyers yet no dealer they went to would allow them to drive one
And since nearly every 2021 Corvette already sold, with no C8 Corvettes for dealer inventories, there won’t be any Corvette test drives for a long time to come.

If the G80 cars sell, BMW dealers may not have any unsold cars to use as “demonstrators” for quite a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
JCZ5
Major
JCZ5's Avatar
1102
Rep
1,148
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition / BMW X5 (G05)
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
And since nearly every 2021 Corvette already sold, with no C8 Corvettes for dealer inventories, there won’t be any Corvette test drives for a long time to come.

If the G80 cars sell, BMW dealers may not have any unsold cars to use as “demonstrators” for quite a while.
Funny you brought up the C8 corvette. With my build, it's essentially the same price as a fully loaded M3 MT. I can definitely understand why the corvette is the "bargain" supercar. As much as I appreciate the corvette, I can't imagine will like the corvette ownership long term.
__________________
IG: @rise_n_drive
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
backslashv
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Happened to my parents. They are an older upper middle class couple that drove into the dealer in a Corvette and said they wanted to buy the new C7. They were obviously serious buyers yet no dealer they went to would allow them to drive one
Wow. That's a shame.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 12:30 AM   #11
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
654
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: '18 YMB M4 / Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Funny you brought up the C8 corvette. With my build, it's essentially the same price as a fully loaded M3 MT. I can definitely understand why the corvette is the "bargain" supercar. As much as I appreciate the corvette, I can't imagine will like the corvette ownership long term.
It's certainly a ton of car for the money and I agree, right about the same price. I'd consider one, but I know I'd feel a little self conscious pulling into work in it, much in the same way I think I might with a SPY M4.
__________________
2018 YMB ///M4
2017 YMB ///M4
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST