home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic

03-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #1
izzypy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

BMW Alexandria Delivery Experience

What was everyone’s experience with BMW of Alexandria? So far I’ve had a great buying experience. Once I take delivery in 2 ish weeks, I’ll post an update in this thread.

G80 M3
- 6 speed
- alpine white
- executive package
- upgraded black rims
- carbon fiber interior
- laser headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:04 PM   #2
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
When did you get a production number?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
Cail4827
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

I was lucky enough to get one of the first new M4's over a year ago. Alexandria BMW was amazing. They did everything I asked for and followed up with me on every step. I had zero complaints about the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 08:45 AM   #4
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

I just picked up my g83 yesterday. My sales agent was great to work with.
Be prepared once you get to the finance manager for them to try to up sell. The finance manager was putting all sorts of what if and scare tactics on me. I did not like feeling pressure to spend more money even though I'm already buying an expensive car. They will be like you spending this amount and dont want to protect it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:03 AM   #5
izzypy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Be prepared once you get to the finance manager for them to try to up sell. The finance manager was putting all sorts of what if and scare tactics on me. I did not like feeling pressure to spend more money even though I'm already buying an expensive car. They will be like you spending this amount and dont want to protect it.
That sounds rough! Could you please list some examples of what they said and what they tried to upswell you on?

Also a side question, did y’all do a test drive before purchase and/or notice anything off?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
par__m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 G80 6MT

I bought my car off the lot at BMW Alexandria and had a great experience. The finance dept will definitely try to upsell you but I didn't find it any more or less aggressive than any other dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #7
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3g80alloc View Post
That sounds rough! Could you please list some examples of what they said and what they tried to upswell you on?

Also a side question, did y’all do a test drive before purchase and/or notice anything off?
One of them was to get the a package to replace brakes, rotors and oil changes since the factor warranty doesnt offer it anymore. He stated to replace a rotor and brakes usually cost $7000. I have to admit I bought this one thinking I dont want to spend that lol. O well that package cost $1900 and 2 rotors are around $1100 so I will try to get them replaced before the warranty is up.

Also kept trying to sell the wheel and tire package. I had it before and it wasnt worth it. I kept mentioning to the guy if I get a flat I will just pay for it out of pocket. 2 new tires cost no more than $700 and I never had wheel damage in all my years of driving so I took the risk.

I didnt see me buying the extended warranty either since I am not sure if I will keep the car after the factory warranty is up. If I do I will just purchase it later. They kept saying you cant buy it later but my cousin works at BMW Silver Spring in the service department and he said I can buy it from him later if needed.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:43 AM   #8
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

For one his pressure made me feel like I was poor for not purchasing these additional items lol. "Man you are purchasing a 100k car and dont want to add all these other expensive add ons" At some point you have to draw the line on how much you want to spend.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #9
par__m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 G80 6MT

Quote:
For one his pressure made me feel like I was poor for not purchasing these additional items lol. "Man you are purchasing a 100k car and dont want to add all these other expensive add ons" At some point you have to draw the line on how much you want to spend.
Classic dealer pressure tactics. I'm up front with them -- I am not buying any extras from you. I don't care what it costs to fix the car. If it comes to it, I'll pay to fix it, but I sure as hell am not going to pre-pay to maybe fix it now.

It's kind of funny, the tactics the use make it seem like the car is a total POS that will break down at any moment. It's like they undo all of the work the salespeople do trying to sell you on the quality and reliability of the car.

And like they are saying, you're buying a $100k car. What the hell does a few grand here and there on repairs matter to you? Nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:07 AM   #10
izzypy
Private
Rep

Love the responses here! I’ve never financed a car before, so I was a bit worried about the pressure.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:34 AM   #11
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3g80alloc View Post
Love the responses here! I’ve never financed a car before, so I was a bit worried about the pressure.
Maybe you should tell the sales manager ahead of time I will not buy anything so don't waste your time.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #12
TillyM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
+1 kekeke,,

I made her shut off all at once when I told her my M4 would be weekend car as joy ride expected to hit under 2-3 k miles a year and what she's proposing totally dont make sense.

also, I purchased 2017 F82 M4, I got tricked into getting tire/rim coverage which was totally useless when I reached out to fix rim. Was told 3rd party will cover such and that tire coverage does not cover curve rash,, completely different story from what I was told initially.

Extra coverage to me is a pure gimmick and a chance for a dealer to make up that extra dollar.

Beside this, I've had plenty of good experience with CA,, they get their job done when placing order.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 06:37 AM   #13
navalpain
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i +G80 M3 Comp

I had an incredible experience at BMW of Alexandria. I ordered my G80 Comp in August of 2021 and they kept me completely up to date with all the delays. This is my 3rd purchase from them and I an very happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 11:10 AM   #14
davidg86
Rep
Drives: M3 - M2 - M340i

I bought a couple of cars from Alexandria. Super easy and generally in order. The sales manager tried to sneak in some extra financing and the actual finance guy had his whole song and dance prepped so that can get annoying.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 06:38 PM   #15
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

I actually, in a perhaps odd way, almost enjoy the adversarial/upmanship engagement in the finance department. The key is to remember that, until you sign, you're in complete control and have the upper hand. Ask questions, don't be afraid to pause and think, and ask for clarification. If you feel like you're being pushed into something you're not comfortable with, just say "no thanks" and move on. But keep an ear open for some potentially good opportunities; No, not rustproofing or fabric guards, but my last time (on a CPO M240), I was given the opportunity to extend the warranty by two years, and they lowered the finance rate for doing so. The net effect was like $6 / month, so it was a no-brainer.
      04-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #16
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

I bought my wife's i3 from there, as an out of town buyer sight unseen a few months back. As others have said, there was the typical upsell on dealer add-ons from the finance guy but nothing unusually pushy. I did think it was funny that he was pitching oil changes on an EV (we didn't get the range extender version, so there was no ICE to deal with). Pretty painless experience for my first time having a vehicle shipped (I had to arrange it independently) from an out of town dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 12:41 AM   #17
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
All this up sale talk reminds me of this scene.

Appreciate 2
Besharaf1064.00
      08-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #18
Dahaeemas
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzypy View Post
What was everyone’s experience with BMW of Alexandria? So far I’ve had a great buying experience. Once I take delivery in 2 ish weeks, I’ll post an update in this thread.

G80 M3
- 6 speed
- alpine white
- executive package
- upgraded black rims
- carbon fiber interior
- laser headlights
Msrp?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 10:02 AM   #19
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
I picked it up about 3 weeks ago. Could not have been a more pleasant experience. Every dealer will try to upsell you, so I'm not taking that into consideration.

Who knew not having to negotiate the price of a car makes buying so easy...
Appreciate 0