wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Great write up! I've yet to see one in person but am hoping my mind will be changed. Any reason you didn't opt for a manual, seeing as though it sounds like you were looking for more engagement out of a car?
I was in two minds, but went with the competition in the end.
      05-02-2021, 03:58 PM   #90
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
If the E46 M3 is your dream car; why do you even bother with these modern computer cars? You're changing them every couple of years. Buy an E46 M3 and be happy for many years. None of these modern cars carry the spirit of the past analog machines.
Have been looking for a low mile, well maintained one for a while now. They are hard to come by. Almost got one last year but the deal fell through. Hopefully soon.

It does not have to be a binary choice for me. I appreciate both modern cars and ones from yesteryears like the E30 / E46.
      05-02-2021, 04:02 PM   #91
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Congratulations, but that grill... I saw in person but still not used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naywa01 View Post
What a great write up with some real perspective, particularly given your ability to compare and contrast with recent ownership experiences of other models including direct competitors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmundy View Post
Appreciate your perspective, especially as I've been very tempted by the RS5 recently. The Toronto red looks absolutely fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1ne2018 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. I love mine and although mine is IOMG (green is my favorite color), that TR is a beast also. When people ask me how is it to drive, I'll gladly copy and paste your post because you summed it up perfectly. The car is not for everyone, and that is okay, but there is no denying, it turns heads, good or bad. And, that's what I love about it. Whether you hate it or love, you looked! GREAT WRITE UP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
I like your style...

I haven't seriously considered TR until seeing these photos and seeing how dynamic the color is. Appreciate the photos. Feel free to post more
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Great writeup! Thanx for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBucurE92 View Post
Great review. Beautiful spec as well. Congrats! I think you hit the nail on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Great write up! I've yet to see one in person but am hoping my mind will be changed. Any reason you didn't opt for a manual, seeing as though it sounds like you were looking for more engagement out of a car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
Great write up! Great perspective as well, im very similar I design is one thing but I really go for how the car feels and the drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Great write-up! Boy, that TR looks fantastic! I would never have considered the color, but my mind has been swayed. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWEnthuTony View Post
Great review and pics. Somehow the car looks much better in person than in pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Nice word smithing OP. And such is the raw unbridled magic those crazy German cowboys inject into the M cars. It is what I have always liked about them compared to Audi, MB, and P cars. Still not crazy about the new grill or the new bottom side rockers. Other than that, the car looks bitchen inside and out.
Thank you!!!
      05-02-2021, 04:08 PM   #92
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
To the OP, I’m i in n a position where I agree with everything you’ve said…however….

If all you could choose was the M4 or the RS4/5 (no M3 or RS6 and I currently have an X7M50d which I will keep. Which one would you have?

- the kicker is the price (here in Asia). Brand new I can get the RS4/5 for around $100k less. That’s with the carbon black pack etc. oth are ridiculously expensive but the BMW way more so.

Which one would you choose?
I suppose in the end, you’ll have to pick whichever is a better option financially (if that is a concern).

My RS5 was a sport back, which was my first 4 doors in a long while. I don’t know if I’m getting a bit older or something, but this time around, the convenience of the 4 doors was just too difficult for me to let go. So if it was between the M4 and the RS5, I’d personally consider the 4 doors as a plus point. But perhaps that is not an issue for you.

Finally, for me this generation M4 does not look very appealing. I find the rear very non-BMW-like, almost feels like a cross between the design language of a Hyandai and some other car. Looks a bit like a Mustang from the side. But that’s just my opinion.

But yeah, these are the only reasons I would think about an RS5 — affordability (in the case you mentioned), convenience (4 doors vs 2) and looks of the M4.

Outside of those reasons, M4 all day. The RS5 is simply too soft and cushy. But maybe that’s a good thing in some cases
      05-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #93
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

awesome shots. she does look very sexy in Toronto red
Appreciate 1
wazzza854.00
      05-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #94
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
I suppose in the end, you’ll have to pick whichever is a better option financially (if that is a concern).

My RS5 was a sport back, which was my first 4 doors in a long while. I don’t know if I’m getting a bit older or something, but this time around, the convenience of the 4 doors was just too difficult for me to let go. So if it was between the M4 and the RS5, I’d personally consider the 4 doors as a plus point. But perhaps that is not an issue for you.

Finally, for me this generation M4 does not look very appealing. I find the rear very non-BMW-like, almost feels like a cross between the design language of a Hyandai and some other car. Looks a bit like a Mustang from the side. But that’s just my opinion.

But yeah, these are the only reasons I would think about an RS5 — affordability (in the case you mentioned), convenience (4 doors vs 2) and looks of the M4.

Outside of those reasons, M4 all day. The RS5 is simply too soft and cushy. But maybe that’s a good thing in some cases
Thanks - another's opinion is always helpful. I won't hijack the thread any further than to say that your prose is perfect and TR does look amazing thanks to the amazing photography.

Ive been told I can get frozen orange or frozen Portmanteau blue for no additional cost. But 8 months wait for delivery :-/ No cars of any type available for test drive, but there are some to sit in but with Covid as it is, I'm going to wait a few weeks.

Have a blast!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #95
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post

Thanks - another's opinion is always helpful. I won't hijack the thread any further than to say that your prose is perfect and TR does look amazing thanks to the amazing photography.

Ive been told I can get frozen orange or frozen Portmanteau blue for no additional cost. But 8 months wait for delivery :-/ No cars of any type available for test drive, but there are some to sit in but with Covid as it is, I'm going to wait a few weeks.

Have a blast!
Hope you get one soon Dealers around here aren't very open to test drives either. Car's on high demand.
      05-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #96
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

I finally saw a M3 competition in Brooklyn grey at the parking lot of my gym today and I have to admit the car looks very, very aggressive and immediately stood out and made my G20 M340 look like a 330i. The best way I can describe it it's like a girl you see on social media who doesn't know her angles and poses. So you say to your self ehh she's alright then when you bump heads with her in person your instantly attracted to her. Hopefully when my lease is up the car leases out much better, for $1000+ monthly payment I rather get a M5 or a M8 solely because of the V8
Appreciate 0