04-03-2024, 03:08 PM   #23
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
This is exactly how I originally got my X3 M Comp. Century West had it listed for sale at their dealership from BMW corporate before it even hit the lot & had photos available. It was extremely clean & had an absurdly low amount of miles. I was the first guy to call about it. So the sales rep that answered the phone when I called that day kept a tight track of when it arrived & made sure to stash it in the back before I flew out to go pick it up & sign the paper work. Congrats dude!

Thanks, dude!

Whoa, no way! Yes, almost the same exact process - The car had just gotten to their location when they listed it, but no pictures and barely a description. And I was also the first to call about it, otherwise I don't think there would have been a chance. And same - he tucked the car away and put a sign on it that it was sold. He did say that they don't usually prioritize out of state buyers because of the extra hassle.

Is there something about Century West? Maybe they have a connection with Corp?
How long ago did you buy your X3M? Had it ever been registered? How was your experience with them? For me it was very good except for their business office that processes the title as they took their sweet time.

Anyone in CA (or out of state like me) should consider Century West. As far as dealerships go, they were relatively awesome in my experience. And they also have a crapload of used BMWs.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2024, 03:11 PM   #24
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
@althepal Congratulations and it looks great. Looks like you got all the options? Even CCBs. Beautiful.

And, indeed, what a real POS that was blocking your car.

Agreed with other commenters - you might want to get the oil changed just due to the age of the oil at this point and then proceed with break-in (aka driving like a grandma). Schedule your break-in service when you get to ~900-1,000 miles so you don't go over.

Charles
Haha, thanks Charles. And thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 02:13 AM   #25
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by althepal View Post
Thanks, dude!

Whoa, no way! Yes, almost the same exact process - The car had just gotten to their location when they listed it, but no pictures and barely a description. And I was also the first to call about it, otherwise I don't think there would have been a chance. And same - he tucked the car away and put a sign on it that it was sold. He did say that they don't usually prioritize out of state buyers because of the extra hassle.

Is there something about Century West? Maybe they have a connection with Corp?
How long ago did you buy your X3M? Had it ever been registered? How was your experience with them? For me it was very good except for their business office that processes the title as they took their sweet time.

Anyone in CA (or out of state like me) should consider Century West. As far as dealerships go, they were relatively awesome in my experience. And they also have a crapload of used BMWs.
Ya man, glad you got it. We have to hop on M cars fast, or someone else will get them before we can even look at them. I'm guessing yes, they have a good relationship with BMW corporate. I bought mine in January of 2022. Can't remember if it was ever registered. But come to think of it, I don't believe it was. The executives at BMW have some privileges in that regard. I think they get some sort of exemption in that area. So they have a corporate plate they use. My experience with all of them at Century West was really good. Wonder if we both had the same sale rep. LOL And out of state things are always a PITA. No dealership in or person in the world can magically make DMV move faster. Trust me, I've been there too & it's not fun. Glad they treated you well. And yes, they have lots of used BMW's with super low miles on them!

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2024, 06:07 PM   #26
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Oh, what a beau! Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2024, 11:22 AM   #27
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Ya man, glad you got it. We have to hop on M cars fast, or someone else will get them before we can even look at them. I'm guessing yes, they have a good relationship with BMW corporate. I bought mine in January of 2022. Can't remember if it was ever registered. But come to think of it, I don't believe it was. The executives at BMW have some privileges in that regard. I think they get some sort of exemption in that area. So they have a corporate plate they use. My experience with all of them at Century West was really good. Wonder if we both had the same sale rep. LOL And out of state things are always a PITA. No dealership in or person in the world can magically make DMV move faster. Trust me, I've been there too & it's not fun. Glad they treated you well. And yes, they have lots of used BMW's with super low miles on them!

Everything you said about shopping for M cars is true. You're right - makes it harder because you have to expand your search area nationally then you're almost guaranteed to go out of state. Especially for a harder to find MT. You got lucky you found "the one" in your home state.

My sales guy was Fabie. 63 years old and about 20 years at this store. He was pretty solid. The Finance Director was Quyen (pronounced Quinn) who was great also.
Appreciate 1