BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-26-2023, 04:58 PM   #45
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
M340i buyers do though, and I think there’s a good amount of them who just want a cool car and are then upsold without knowing a whole lot. In general I don’t think this forum is representative at all of the larger car buying public. Scout’s honor, My SA didn’t even know anything about the buckets until I asked. He’d never seen them.

It’s cool, we can agree to disagree lol!
At least where I am, I see more girls in M cars lately than I do guys who look like they are serious about cars.

Which is not to say that girls cannot be very knowledgeable about cars, they certainly can. But, the ones I’ve seen lately don’t “look” like your typical anoraks who pour over options lists and compare endlessly. The two m cars I saw recently were both m4 convertibles, one IOMG and the other black. Both pretty girls who could have been real gear heads, but certainly didn’t look like it to me. This is just anecdotal, not really meaningful, but it is a data point. I’ve not met a lot of BMW owners in general, but of those I’ve met… none of them stand out as car people. They bought the brand, or had an M car because they could afford it.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Maybe you're right. Maybe it's the markets we live in. There is a shit ton of BMWs here but Ms are super rare. Maybe because our dealership doesn't stock them? IDK.

I don't follow trends, did this turn into a flex thing? Maybe I'm part of the problem. I don't track them but I own them.

I'm just gonna pour myself another drink...thanks for that...
Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      02-26-2023, 05:30 PM   #46
SigmaShift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
As far as the carbon exterior is concerned, buy it if you like it, but most dealers put little to no value on it when you decide to trade it in.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:43 PM   #47
MichaelB1969
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Base SSG/Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
Both pretty girls who could have been real gear heads, but certainly didn’t look like it to me.
So they didn't look like this?

Appreciate 1
mirob3042.50
      02-26-2023, 07:03 PM   #48
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_mthree View Post
I definitely have an order. I have a production number I've been tracking at the bmwusa website. It might be in 112 now, I don't know. Just know he told me it was at 111 a couple of weeks ago when we got it.

Im gonna leave the buckets in the build. I just had some more seat time in them today. They are a royal pain in the ass to get out off without rubbing your ass all over the side bolster but I love them so much I'm gonna put up with it. Maybe I can work out a system. The steering wheel being in the way is the biggest issue. I can get in and out the passenger side pretty easily.

The plan is to keep it for a while (5-7yrs). I am getting the manual and it won't be a daily so hopefully I can get a decent amount when the time comes.
I am in 111 right now also. Decided against the carbon seats after agonizing over them for a few weeks. Went back to dealer multiple times to sit in them. If I went with them I would have used the 2nd seat position to go all the wat back to make Ingres and egress easier. For the record a Brooklyn grey G80 has been sitting at my local dealer for weeks because people don’t want these seats. This was from the general manager of the dealership. I decided against that car and got an allocation instead. So much “they look great” on these threads. Yeah they look great and feel great while in them but suck balls getting in and out. Especially on the G80. If I was getting a G82 with the larger doors that might make a difference. The comp pack from the F82 doesn’t command much in resale and I would guess these options won’t either. Like others have said order the car YOU want. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:38 PM   #49
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Ok. Pet Peeve

SA = Service Advisor (obvious)
CA = Client Advisor (The Idiots that sell us our cars that know next to nothing about them)
Appreciate 2
'Cane8540.00