BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-21-2021, 09:28 PM   #23
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

My advice is this: take the time and call around. There aren’t many allocations but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

I started looking for an M3 on October 4th and called at least 40 dealerships around the USA asking if they had any incoming M3’s that weren’t spoken for, or any M3’s on the floor, or any allocations coming up. I asked that they call me and let me know if they get any open allocations that they’re willing to give me.

About one week later on October 11th, as I was about to buy one off the floor, one of the dealerships I called previously told me they had an open allocation that they can give me. I took it and got a production number the next day. There are fellow enthusiasts here that put their names in an order bank months ago and are now getting allocations, meanwhile my lucky ass got one within a week.

I got super lucky, but I also like to think that my diligence coupled with the fact that I showed genuine enthusiasm to build a car that’s decently spec’d helped my chances. Hinting at repeated business by saying you’re looking to lease also helps as I expressed interest in leasing then getting the LCI in a few years.

Call around and see if you get lucky. Good luck!
Appreciate 3
Mar481099.50
M3GALLY643.50
par__m3452.50
      10-22-2021, 04:55 AM   #24
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

This.

I believe you facilitate luck with some creativity, persistence and effort. Initially I gave my local dealer a chance, since I would have paid invoice, to receive or negotiate an allocation. When that didn’t transpire, I took matters into my own hands. I called around, found a couple dealers with open allocations (above MSRP), before finding one confident of receiving an allocation in the next cycle (at MSRP and base lease/finance rates). I showed sincere interest, and they in kind. Days later allocations came out, the dealer received (only) one, and I took/got it.

Car’s built and crossing the Atlantic now.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #25
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

I just think things have changed and nobody has allocations at this time. I think calling around may have helped a month or two ago now you're Probably calling around to find the shortest waiting list
Appreciate 1
Draper3460.50
      10-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #26
SRoss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
Who is the dealer?
Fields BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #27
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
I just think things have changed and nobody has allocations at this time. I think calling around may have helped a month or two ago now you're Probably calling around to find the shortest waiting list
Agree with this.
Appreciate 0