Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

04-03-2024, 10:27 AM   #1
AmDATX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3

PSI pads

Howdy all,

I wanted to put a post up on the new PSI (Precision Sport Industries) pads I picked up. One of the things that made me crazy about the G80 is the brake dust. I detailed the car, run 2 miles down the road and it looked like I went off-roading, it made me crazy. I saw a post from The Daily Driven about these pads, and since it was payday and I was feeling good, I figured I would grab a pair. I did have a bit of remorse after I bought them; they were pretty expensive. I installed them two weeks ago and couldn't be happier! My buyer's remorse is 100% gone and my wheels stay clean. I think they said an 80% reduction of dust, I would say that is accurate. There is a substantial difference. Another big plus is that it feels exactly like OEM; I cannot tell a difference outside of the cleanliness.

Overall sold product, I would recommend them.
Appreciate 2
SIGM363.50
      04-03-2024, 10:41 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review; given that it is a new product and PSI is not known for making brakes, I'm interested in a follow-up on this product 6 months to 1 year from now.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
SIGM363.50
      04-06-2024, 01:31 PM   #3
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Glad to hear. Aren't they like $1,00 or something crazy for a set?! I would sure hope they act as good as the iSweeps.
      04-11-2024, 06:43 AM   #4
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Glad to hear. Aren't they like $1,00 or something crazy for a set?! I would sure hope they act as good as the iSweeps.
They are over £1,000 for a set of 4 in the UK - I've been looking at aftermarket pads for my new car as it has the 827M bronze/gold wheels and they're going to be a right PITA to keep clean with the OEM pads, however that's a significant outlay just to keep my wheels clean....

I'll probably go for EBC Redstuff as I can't seem to source/find iSweep in the UK
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 10:08 AM   #5
markoz28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 340i, BMW 2020 M340i,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
They are over £1,000 for a set of 4 in the UK - I've been looking at aftermarket pads for my new car as it has the 827M bronze/gold wheels and they're going to be a right PITA to keep clean with the OEM pads, however that's a significant outlay just to keep my wheels clean....

I'll probably go for EBC Redstuff as I can't seem to source/find iSweep in the UK
I’ve had the EBC reds on order since the first week of February. Still haven’t shipped and ETA get pushed back every few days. lol
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2024, 02:45 AM   #6
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoz28 View Post
I’ve had the EBC reds on order since the first week of February. Still haven’t shipped and ETA get pushed back every few days. lol
Yeah I’ve read on here there are supply issues - I’m pretty sure I can order some up but I’ll check just in case they’re on back order

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 08:54 PM   #7
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoz28 View Post
I'm running DFC5000 pads on my car now for the front and are happy with them. I got tired of waiting for EBC redstuff and ran the DFC3000 when I first got my car. They were for ceramic rotors so I had to change them before they got a lip on them from being the wrong size. I can drive a few hundred miles before the dust starts building up and the pads work great for my driving style. I don't track my car so no worries with them not being appropriate for my use case. I got them from Bimmerworld...
Attached is after a fewdays of driving.
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/S...-M2-M3-M4.html
Attached Images

04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
forcefed2568.50
      04-15-2024, 12:31 AM   #8
beaver9ght
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 X

There’s no way a low dust pad feels exactly like oem pads. Maybe your oem pad is glazed or defective

BMW chooses performance over dust and noise. You want low dust, you always give away performance and it will feel less grappy aka lower friction coefficient. This is suitable for daily and even most sprit driving.

People need stop advertising these low dust pads performing exactly like oem. If they truly reinvent the wheel so perfect, they will become oe supplier making big money instead of making small batch for such small community.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:34 AM   #9
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver9ght View Post
There’s no way a low dust pad feels exactly like oem pads. Maybe your oem pad is glazed or defective

BMW chooses performance over dust and noise. You want low dust, you always give away performance and it will feel less grappy aka lower friction coefficient. This is suitable for daily and even most sprit driving.

People need stop advertising these low dust pads performing exactly like oem. If they truly reinvent the wheel so perfect, they will become oe supplier making big money instead of making small batch for such small community.
BMW uses brembos. They're not magic. They're good but they're not amazing.

When we talk about low dust, we also usually mean lower dust, the iSweep 1500s and EBC Reds are the lowest dust options available (commonly that people use here) and still perform almost as good, in our experiences, as OEM. If you step up to the next level on each, 2000s and Yellow, they're *still* going to be much lower dust but perform the same or better than OEM. This is from people actually using the pads and not just marketing.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:12 AM   #10
beaver9ght
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
BMW uses brembos. They're not magic. They're good but they're not amazing.

When we talk about low dust, we also usually mean lower dust, the iSweep 1500s and EBC Reds are the lowest dust options available (commonly that people use here) and still perform almost as good, in our experiences, as OEM. If you step up to the next level on each, 2000s and Yellow, they're *still* going to be much lower dust but perform the same or better than OEM. This is from people actually using the pads and not just marketing.
My post is about people claiming low dust pads performing exactly like oem. There’s no way a low dust pad can perform *EXACTLY like oem.

No, I use EBC yellow, and it doesn’t perform same or better than OEM. They are different pads and perform differently. OEM bites harder and more aggressively even under low brake force, heats rotor faster and wears more material on rotor. I don’t need that for my driving hence I switch.

If you people keep telling here, a xxx brand low dust pad perform exactly like OEM, this is completely misleading.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:18 AM   #11
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver9ght View Post
My post is about people claiming low dust pads performing exactly like oem. There’s no way a low dust pad can perform *EXACTLY like oem.

No, I use EBC yellow, and it doesn’t perform same or better than OEM. They are different pads and perform differently. OEM bites harder and more aggressively even under low brake force, heats rotor faster and wears more material on rotor. I don’t need that for my driving hence I switch.

If you people keep telling here, a xxx brand low dust pad perform exactly like OEM, this is completely misleading.
Well I can say from experience the iSweep 2000s, which compete with EBC Yellows perform the same or better than OEM and with much lower dust. I don't know what your definition of "low" is but I can run a few hundred miles before I start seeing anything which is much much better than OEM. To me, that's low. Even if it's only 50% or something.
Appreciate 0