BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #991
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxF80 View Post
As promised here are a couple pics after having my tint installed. Just ticked 119 miles today haha!

Only warning I will say to anyone who gets theirs with the gloss/piano black exterior accents… you're probably going to have swirls and need them corrected. My side skirts look rough. Also, I would also recommend getting them PPFd. Apparently I must not know how to step out of a car properly and have already clipped it with my flip flops. And 100% know my gf will be slamming them with heels.

On another note, I did have a small issue with getting delivery last Friday. Nothing major but the car arrived late. So I got free delivery, some OEM all weather floor mats, and aN OEM sun shade. Which whatever I will take it.

I did create an IG account for anyone that wants to follow my progress and pics. You can find me @crooklynm3.

If anyone has any questions about the ride or my process, feel free to reach out.

Enjoy guys!
Looks really good! Congrats again on getting it.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
phxF80348.50
      06-08-2021, 09:43 PM   #992
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
As promised here are a couple pics after having my tint installed. Just ticked 119 miles today haha!

Only warning I will say to anyone who gets theirs with the gloss/piano black exterior accents… you're probably going to have swirls and need them corrected. My side skirts look rough. Also, I would also recommend getting them PPFd. Apparently I must not know how to step out of a car properly and have already clipped it with my flip flops. And 100% know my gf will be slamming them with heels.

On another note, I did have a small issue with getting delivery last Friday. Nothing major but the car arrived late. So I got free delivery, some OEM all weather floor mats, and aN OEM sun shade. Which whatever I will take it.

I did create an IG account for anyone that wants to follow my progress and pics. You can find me @crooklynm3.

If anyone has any questions about the ride or my process, feel free to reach out.

Enjoy guys!
Congratulations!

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
phxF80348.50
      06-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #993
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:

Enjoy guys!
100% agree on getting the side skirts PPF'd. I got the full front done and added on the side skirts. The side skirts are so noticeable and they'll look like crap so quickly if you leave them raw
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 10:42 PM   #994
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:

Enjoy guys!
100% agree on getting the side skirts PPF'd. I got the full front done and added on the side skirts. The side skirts are so noticeable and they'll look like crap so quickly if you leave them raw
What's the average cost of PPF on the front?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 10:46 PM   #995
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:

Enjoy guys!
What's the average cost of PPF on the front?
I paid $1,665 for full front including mirrors. I think it was another couple of hundred for the side skirts. It's on the pricier side, but it's NorCal so :
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-09-2021, 09:13 AM   #996
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Any updates yet on 2022 June program numbers?
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #997
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Are you guys getting any deals?

Just curious because it seems everyone wants MSRP + in SoFla.

Current: 2022 M3 CompX, 2024 M2 6-Spd
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 12:39 PM   #998
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

You're not getting any discounts in SoFla (or likely anywhere else right now).
      06-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #999
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Only warning I will say to anyone who gets theirs with the gloss/piano black exterior accents… you're probably going to have swirls and need them corrected.
The car looks great. I'm not a fan of tinting, but then I don't live in AZ either, so can't blame you a bit.

My gloss black side skirts were all scratched from the dealer prep, but a quick hit with the polisher took care of most of it. We'll see how it fares long term, if I have to do it often. If so, I'll look into the protection.

For those of you who don't enjoy paying someone thousands of dollars for a "paint correction" and especially those of you who like to DIY, I strongly recommend buying one or more high quality polishers, a bunch of pads and more money than you can imagine on polishing liquids. None of it is rocket science, but there is an incredible amount of b.s. smoke out there concerning these products.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)

Last edited by LuvMyE92; 06-09-2021 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: spelin
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #1000
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Seattle BMW has a Frozen Gray and a SPY that will arrive 6/15 if anybody is interested. They are selling at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #1001
BeemerScreamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: NOW: '21 M550i / B4: F82 M4

Great Car!

Quote:

Enjoy guys!
Great car, man! Love the color choice. I'm also thinking of building one with Brooklyn Gray, but with Orange interior. Still debating though, as I currently have '21 M550i so it's a bit too early to switch cars after only 4 months. Still, the new M4 (in my humble opinion) is the sexiest looking M car ever produced. The new oversized grills look freaking amazing! I'll post some pictures and updates if I do end up getting an allocation in about 3 weeks for a '22 AWD build, which is pushing the build price into low 90's. I know, it's absolutely insane to pay that much for an M3, but I'm seriously considering. I've also considered the 911 carrera S route, but I'm not quite there yet (mentally) and financially lol.

Anywho, great color choice. Enjoy your car and post some more videos!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #1002
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
The car looks great. I'm not a fan of tinting, but then I don't live in AZ either, so can't blame you a bit
We are supposed to be hitting 116/117 next week. Time to bake some cookies on my dash
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #1003
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerScreamer View Post
Great car, man! Love the color choice. I'm also thinking of building one with Brooklyn Gray, but with Orange interior. Still debating though, as I currently have '21 M550i so it's a bit too early to switch cars after only 4 months. Still, the new M4 (in my humble opinion) is the sexiest looking M car ever produced. The new oversized grills look freaking amazing! I'll post some pictures and updates if I do end up getting an allocation in about 3 weeks for a '22 AWD build, which is pushing the build price into low 90's. I know, it's absolutely insane to pay that much for an M3, but I'm seriously considering. I've also considered the 911 carrera S route, but I'm not quite there yet (mentally) and financially lol.

Thank you! I am still very impressed and learning more about the car each day. Also, I keep reaching for the start engine button by the steering column like my f80. And every time I get tricked, since now its by the shifter.

My neighbor actually has a Brooklyn with the orange interior. It does look pretty sick, but I don't think I could rock it. I am with you...90k+ for an M4 is kinda bananas to me.. To your point just a smidge more and you're in P land. And probably still worth looking into on what you could do about the trade on your ride. The used car market is up...and you might not take that much of a bath on it.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #1004
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerScreamer View Post

Thank you! I am still very impressed and learning more about the car each day. Also, I keep reaching for the start engine button by the steering column like my f80. And every time I get tricked, since now its by the shifter.

My neighbor actually has a Brooklyn with the orange interior. It does look pretty sick, but I don't think I could rock it. I am with you...90k+ for an M4 is kinda bananas to me.. To your point just a smidge more and you're in P land. And probably still worth looking into on what you could do about the trade on your ride. The used car market is up...and you might not take that much of a bath on it.

Yeah….base Carrera with no options land; starts around $101k (…but I think there would be few willing to give up the performance and options in an M4 for a base Carrera with no options). Add options to that base Carrera to match an M4 and it's a different story. Jump up to a Carrera S - the car I deem to be the best starting point coming from an M4 - and your price of entry starts at $117k. My Carrera S came out to $139k MSRP optioned more or less like an M4 without CCB's, and I won't even have carbon buckets in my Porsche. That's a pretty steep jump. Let's not for one moment think they are comparable in cost. My G8X with carbon buckets, full leather, etc. had an MSRP of about $87k. Deciding to go Porsche was definitely sticker shock, especially for something comparable to a G8X M4. Sure, I could've scrapped my AeroKit and saved $7k and chose a normal color and saved $3200, but that still would've put my Carrera S at around $129k…..which is still steep compared to an $87k M4.
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019132.50
Tyga113233.50
      06-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #1005
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yea the Carrera S is too rich for my blood. Absolutely amazing car but a 40-50k bump from my M3… Ima pass. Definitely want to see pics of your ride once you take delivery
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #1006
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I have three levels of build I'm looking at right now for M4 xDrive with MSRPs $89,895, $93,845, and $105,795. I want the max optioned one carbon-all-the-things included but DAMN this is a lot of money for an M4. The problem is, there is nothing else comparable! 911 C4S is the nearest and as has been said, that's $130k+. I'm having the wife talk tonight to see if she won't chop me into pieces for ordering a $100k M4. oh boy
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-09-2021, 06:51 PM   #1007
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I'm having the wife talk tonight to see if she won't chop me into pieces for ordering a $100k M4. oh boy
Post by midnight as proof of life or we call the police?
Archived: 2019 BMW X5 50i M Sport Mineral White/Full Black,2019 Ford GT350 Ford Performance Blue/Dark Slate, 2012 BMW X5 50i Alpine White/Black, 2014 BMW 320i M Sport Melbourne Red/Black, 2009 BMW DINAN3 Alpine White/Black, 2008 BMW 335xi Alpine White/Black, 1998 BMW 328is Avus Blue/Tan
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
Transfer5251.00
      06-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #1008
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:

Enjoy guys!
Looks great man! Congrats! Love that color
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
phxF80348.50
      06-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #1009
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
I'm having the wife talk tonight to see if she won't chop me into pieces for ordering a $100k M4. oh boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Ruh roh. We haven't heard from Transfer yet.

We'll miss you, buddy.

Hey, you know... everyone (well, most of us) are complaining about how expensive these cars are (mine was around $80K) but really, everything is getting expensive, even a Mustang GT premium is going to set you back $50K or more, and it's a freakin' Ford for goodness sakes! (Full disclosure: I recently owned a GT and it didn't suck, although I could never take it to a cars & coffee. Because Mustang.)

A nice 540i (like I also have) starts at $60K and is more likely to be $70K or more, depending on how you option it. Heck, an M340i is not going to be much cheaper than an M3, and we all know that the M is a lot more car. It's more than just the engine.

So, hey, take it all with a grain of salt, and remember those two important acronyms: FOMO and YOLO.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #1010
BeemerScreamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: NOW: '21 M550i / B4: F82 M4

911 vs G8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
YeahÂ….base Carrera with no options land; starts around $101k (Â…but I think there would be few willing to give up the performance and options in an M4 for a base Carrera with no options). Add options to that base Carrera to match an M4 and it's a different story. Jump up to a Carrera S - the car I deem to be the best starting point coming from an M4 - and your price of entry starts at $117k. My Carrera S came out to $139k MSRP optioned more or less like an M4 without CCB's, and I won't even have carbon buckets in my Porsche. That's a pretty steep jump. Let's not for one moment think they are comparable in cost. My G8X with carbon buckets, full leather, etc. had an MSRP of about $87k. Deciding to go Porsche was definitely sticker shock, especially for something comparable to a G8X M4. Sure, I could've scrapped my AeroKit and saved $7k and chose a normal color and saved $3200, but that still would've put my Carrera S at around $129kÂ…..which is still steep compared to an $87k M4.
Yeah, I totally agree that you'd have to make that jump to a Carrera S to even compare it to an G8X, which I spec'd out at approximately 92k. And same here, my Carrera S build came out to 135k. However, at least in theory, one who spends close to 100k on a car (G8X) that will loose/depreciate in couple of years to a half (if not more) of its original MSRP, may have an extra 35k to drop for a deposit on a Carrera S and end up with the same payments. I just think P car has more long term value, that's all. If you look at Carrera S depreciation schedule and secondary resale market -- it's freaking insane (some used ones are more expensive than new ones -- the 992 '20 models). They hold their values exceptionally well especially if you don't put a ton of miles on them.

Anyways, that's the spiel I plan to lay on my SA when he tries to play hard ball with me on the order of the new m3 lol I need to have some leverage and justifications to be able to walk away from that table in couple of weeks Plus, I'm not sure that I'm ready to let the m550 go just yet.

I'll keep y'all posted on what happens.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #1011
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Ruh roh. We haven't heard from Transfer yet.

We'll miss you, buddy.

Hey, you know... everyone (well, most of us) are complaining about how expensive these cars are (mine was around $80K) but really, everything is getting expensive, even a Mustang GT premium is going to set you back $50K or more, and it's a freakin' Ford for goodness sakes! (Full disclosure: I recently owned a GT and it didn't suck, although I could never take it to a cars & coffee. Because Mustang.)

A nice 540i (like I also have) starts at $60K and is more likely to be $70K or more, depending on how you option it. Heck, an M340i is not going to be much cheaper than an M3, and we all know that the M is a lot more car. It's more than just the engine.

So, hey, take it all with a grain of salt, and remember those two important acronyms: FOMO and YOLO.
Haha yeah the game is toast for now as she brought out the little voice I was hearing (and suffocating) in the back of my mind saying this is stupid for us right now. I'll be getting one but we're going to bump it off for now. We have two great cars - X3MC and M340i. I just like letting my YOLO/FOMO run rampant. It will be very interesting to see if prices and supply improve over next 6 months. I'm doubtful they will improve. Time to keep saving up.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-11-2021, 05:21 PM   #1012
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

No lease number changes for June.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0