BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #925
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

I also want to point out one more thing in re to BMW Riverside. The sales rep called me when I was otw to NM and I didn't recognize the number and picked it up.

His words:

"You can turn around, we say $20K markup on the phone but we're negotiable, make an offer"

I would never do business with this dealership even if you paid me.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25100.00
BIGW0RM3156.00
      05-29-2021, 10:41 PM   #926
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see it.
Thanks guys! I'm finally back home form a marathon day lol.

I left my house in Phoenix this morning @ 4am. Long story short, Sandia BMW in ABQ can only take up to $5K on a credit card so I had to stop at B of A once I got up there to wire money into my checking account for down payment.

I arrived at the dealership at around noon local. It took me a solid 6 hours (lost an hour due to time change)

Dealership experience was great. Trish was my sales rep and she had everything ready. The car was obviously spotless in the show room and ready for me to go. I was there about an hour and a half - signing docs and learning about all the features. I did a Turo with Austins' M4 Comp who is local here a few weeks ago but I didn't really play with any of the settings since it wasn't my car.

I hit the road around 2 local time and prepared myself for the 6 hours back to PHX. It's actually not a bad drive from Phoenix to ABQ - the speed limit is 75 the entire way and there are really no cops. You can cruise at like 95 no prob which I did. I left the car in comfort mainly because I was exhausted. The sales manager, who used to be a Porsche instructor, told me to adjust the RPM's which I tried to do - not just baby it.

I'll post pics tomorrow after I wash her off. The spec is really nice. I know a lot of people don't like black / black but I think the M4 pulls it off really well. I do like the contrast with the lighter colors but I'm really happy with the spec they had there and luckily it was avail.

I must say, coming from my 2019 C43, it's night and day. The C43 is louder but I'm not sure in a better way. The G80 fit and finish is 100x better than the C Class (granted it's a brad new generation) The BMW entire isn't as flashy but I like the simplicity. Obviously in terms of performance there is no comparison. It's pretty crazy how this thing pulls on the freeway with little effort. I like how you can be doing 100 and feel like you're doing 70 - it's the ultimate cruiser.

It was a very large purchase for me and I had some negative equity in my C43 but I don't regret it at all. Totally worth it and I couldn't be happier after day 1!
Congrats on picking up the new car! Looking forward to some photos.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
Tyga113235.50
      05-29-2021, 10:45 PM   #927
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Congrats on picking up the new car! Looking forward to some photos.
Thanks man - it's just a regular BSM M4 but it's special to me haha. This car really looks so much better in person.

I'll post pics tomorrow after I hit the car wash in the am
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      05-29-2021, 11:39 PM   #928
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClosedDoors View Post
At sticker without rate markup the “profit” is between 5 and 9% (Some stores have gotten their AVP taken away this year)
I am just a consumer and you are dropping industry lingo so I assume you work in the car business. But my simple understanding is that there is roughly 6% between MSRP and invoice, then there is another roughly 6% of profit behind invoice through holdback and other programs. Those are approximations. If the profit was as low as 5-9% as you say then how is 11-12% possible to achieve on volume models? And why is there a dealer near me who offers 9.5% off MSRP as a no haggle price on volume models?
Profits on new cars are shockingly skinny. The maintenance department, on the other hand, prints money
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 12:21 AM   #929
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see it.
Thanks guys! I'm finally back home form a marathon day lol.

I left my house in Phoenix this morning @ 4am. Long story short, Sandia BMW in ABQ can only take up to $5K on a credit card so I had to stop at B of A once I got up there to wire money into my checking account for down payment.

I arrived at the dealership at around noon local. It took me a solid 6 hours (lost an hour due to time change)

Dealership experience was great. Trish was my sales rep and she had everything ready. The car was obviously spotless in the show room and ready for me to go. I was there about an hour and a half - signing docs and learning about all the features. I did a Turo with Austins' M4 Comp who is local here a few weeks ago but I didn't really play with any of the settings since it wasn't my car.

I hit the road around 2 local time and prepared myself for the 6 hours back to PHX. It's actually not a bad drive from Phoenix to ABQ - the speed limit is 75 the entire way and there are really no cops. You can cruise at like 95 no prob which I did. I left the car in comfort mainly because I was exhausted. The sales manager, who used to be a Porsche instructor, told me to adjust the RPM's which I tried to do - not just baby it.

I'll post pics tomorrow after I wash her off. The spec is really nice. I know a lot of people don't like black / black but I think the M4 pulls it off really well. I do like the contrast with the lighter colors but I'm really happy with the spec they had there and luckily it was avail.

I must say, coming from my 2019 C43, it's night and day. The C43 is louder but I'm not sure in a better way. The G80 fit and finish is 100x better than the C Class (granted it's a brad new generation) The BMW entire isn't as flashy but I like the simplicity. Obviously in terms of performance there is no comparison. It's pretty crazy how this thing pulls on the freeway with little effort. I like how you can be doing 100 and feel like you're doing 70 - it's the ultimate cruiser.

It was a very large purchase for me and I had some negative equity in my C43 but I don't regret it at all. Totally worth it and I couldn't be happier after day 1!
I'm really looking forward to seeing your car. I'm super excited for you bro.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113235.50
      05-30-2021, 10:07 AM   #930
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Here she is! Sorry the lighting sucks and I'm a terrible photographer lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Appreciate 5
chicagofan0019146.00
Sedan_Clan25100.00
02M3ForMe4261.50
phxF80348.50
      05-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #931
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here she is! Sorry the lighting sucks and I'm a terrible photographer lol

[IMG][img]https://i.ibb.co/FDJCPpF/Rear-1.jpg[/img][/IMG]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/PDmLxcg/Side-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/LSY7tX1/Side-4.jpg[/img]
Good looking car bro!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 07:17 PM   #932
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Good looking car bro!!!
There's still time for you to rejoin the BMW crowd and admit you like this generation's provocative styling. 😇 This isn't going to be the last generation of ICE. Next generation might be. If I were you I would buy the next generation 911.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25100.00
      05-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #933
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Quote:
Good looking car bro!!!
There's still time for you to rejoin the BMW crowd and admit you like this generation's provocative styling. 😇 This isn't going to be the last generation of ICE. Next generation might be. If I were you I would buy the next generation 911.
Oh there's no doubt that I like the G8X and still defend the design direction despite opting to go Porsche. I bought my first BMW M in 2001, and despite probably owning 14+ BMW's (..at least 10 being M's), BMW has always been a stop-gap to Porsche. Me going to Stuttgart was inevitable. It's just happening later than I wanted, but sooner than I expected. I'm happy as can be. With that said, I'll always be a BMW fan and I'll stick around here, just like I've stuck around on E46Fanatics and continued to be a moderator there despite getting rid of my last E46 ///M in 2006 (…when I joined this forum).
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 11:46 PM   #934
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

In this market, an actual 992 S allocation is free money if your deal is MSRP or better (putting aside CA taxes, of course). Assuming conditions hold, I'd take delivery regardless of how I felt about both of the cars. Given the supply chain challenges, it appears that the inventory crunch is going to continue into calendar year 2022. You can drive it for free while awaiting your '23 G80 build.

Weird market though; modern non-GT 911s usually depreciate, Turbos being the worst offenders.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25100.00
      05-31-2021, 12:05 AM   #935
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
In this market, an actual 992 S allocation is free money if your deal is MSRP or better (putting aside CA taxes, of course). Assuming conditions hold, I'd take delivery regardless of how I felt about both of the cars. Given the supply chain challenges, it appears that the inventory crunch is going to continue into calendar year 2022. You can drive it for free while awaiting your '23 G80 build.

Weird market though; modern non-GT 911s usually depreciate, Turbos being the worst offenders.
Haha! This 911 will be my last car. I got my allocation under MSRP. I'm totally winning!!!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      05-31-2021, 12:22 AM   #936
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Haha! This 911 will be my last car. I got my allocation under MSRP. I'm totally winning!!!
Under MSRP 992 S allocation is a big score - nice!

Wow, last car? Excellent choice in that case. Though, there will be same-gen and newer-gen GT3s on showroom floors that you'll have to continually walk past when going in for service ... if you can resist, you're a better man than I am
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25100.00
      05-31-2021, 12:41 AM   #937
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Under MSRP 992 S allocation is a big score - nice!

Wow, last car? Excellent choice in that case. Though, there will be same-gen and newer-gen GT3s on showroom floors that you'll have to continually walk past when going in for service ... if you can resist, you're a better man than I am

I won't be able to resist an MT 992 GT3 at the right price, but alas, I'm not ballin' like that. I'll need to become a Lieutenant to afford a GT3. Lol!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      05-31-2021, 08:36 AM   #938
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bimmer

I am just wondering if anybody has been able to get any discounts off of MSRP and if dealerships are willing to negotiate. Or will they just laugh at you and say MSRP or go home?
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #939
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
I am just wondering if anybody has been able to get any discounts off of MSRP and if dealerships are willing to negotiate. Or will they just laugh at you and say MSRP or go home?
I got 4.5% off around 1.5 months ago
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #940
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BSM M4 CSL

The Dealership my broker got me a order at gave me some dumb news today. i spoke to my CA today and asked what was the status on my allocation. He said they had not received any and they are working with a regional manager to procure me one. I asked if i would be receiving a 2022 he said you most likely are but we aren't going to be able to honor the Deal that you were told. I'm kind of furious about that seeing its not my fault that the dealer didn't get a allocation like they told me they were so now i'm being put in a 2022. (which is okay cause i want Xdrive) IMO i should have the same deal honored even if it is on the MY22. am i wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 12:58 PM   #941
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post
The Dealership my broker got me a order at gave me some dumb news today. i spoke to my CA today and asked what was the status on my allocation. He said they had not received any and they are working with a regional manager to procure me one. I asked if i would be receiving a 2022 he said you most likely are but we aren't going to be able to honor the Deal that you were told. I'm kind of furious about that seeing its not my fault that the dealer didn't get a allocation like they told me they were so now i'm being put in a 2022. (which is okay cause i want Xdrive) IMO i should have the same deal honored even if it is on the MY22. am i wrong?
They should definitely, if you went through a broker with a percent off MSRP. The incentives do change, but if they gave you a deal on MY21 and couldn't produce an allocation, it should be on them to give you the MY 22 at the same price.

If the dealer doesn't honor it, I would reach back out to the broker. They may be able to get another allocation for you elsewhere, or they may know the finer nuances to get the dealer to honor the original deal. Worst case, they should refund the broker fee.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 03:22 PM   #942
bimmer pleaser V2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C43

Here in Houston looking to finance (not lease), there are literally six dealers within 30 minutes drive and they are all like MSRP or GTFO.

Don't know maybe they can smell a chump.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113235.50
      05-31-2021, 03:38 PM   #943
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer pleaser V2 View Post
Here in Houston looking to finance (not lease), there are literally six dealers within 30 minutes drive and they are all like MSRP or GTFO.

I see you have a C43 - I just came from one. You should do it and not look back. The experience is just night and day
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 04:32 PM   #944
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

In this market, MSRP is fair.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 09:04 PM   #945
bimmer pleaser V2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C43

Quote:
I see you have a C43 - I just came from one. You should do it and not look back. The experience is just night and day
lol don't bash my C43 now, I like the V6 even though it is not a true AMG. But yeah I had 5 BMWs including M4 before switching to MB and I am ready to go back. Missed getting the tail end loose. Admittedly I was a big time hater of the the new grill but I am growing to like it even though it still looks a little weird to me. I think it looks ok in Brooklyn grey.
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2021, 09:12 PM   #946
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
lol don't bash my C43 now, I like the V6 even though it is not a true AMG. But yeah I had 5 BMWs including M4 before switching to MB and I am ready to go back. Missed getting the tail end loose. Admittedly I was a big time hater of the the new grill but I am growing to like it even though it still looks a little weird to me. I think it looks ok in Brooklyn grey.
Brooklyn Gray is a nice color.
Appreciate 0