Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyjn7 View Post
You don't have any knowledge, you've mistaken a generic sku for a part number and given a shop has installed 2 of these kits on g80's, provided a quote and are installing them on my car next week i'm not sure what you are trying to prove other than making yourself look like a bit of a dickhead for the sake of posting.
Says the pathetic obtuse individual who hasnt even posted a real G80 with the springs vs his ever growing knowledge of the search engine google.

I dont know you but you definitely dont know me and I post my cars and proof of things vs your lack of education. Others with triple digit IQ's will back me up but in your case, I digress.

Here is the part number per the site and its not Sku LOLOLOL and again I said you can drop a G80 more than .4 inches (which you know well LOLOL) but it will require a G82 spring which was done with your repeated picture posts of a car you dont own.

Read and look very very very carefully- its the official site and it says part number.... read again and again and again

https://www.hrsprings.com/applicatio...s/4/2412/2021/
The g82 spring is not going to drop it an additional 20mm and there is no g82 spring or part number. You just keep sending the same stock standard thing off the H&R website which nobody is disputing exists... You literally have no clue just here to make noise
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #24
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Super weird the "part number" you claim on the invoice starts with G82 but then the part number off the H&R website just starts with a 286…something doesn't add up in your triple digit IQ logic, clown
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
The g82 spring is not going to drop it an additional 20mm and there is no g82 spring or part number. You just keep sending the same stock standard thing off the H&R website which nobody is disputing exists... You literally have no clue just here to make noise
I post facts from H&R.

Here is the G82 part number, read very slowly again:

https://www.hrsprings.com/applicatio...s/4/2414/2021/

.4 inches was on the G80 and 1.2 on the G82....thats .8 inches in variance or 20mm. Please Google how much 20mm is in inches

There are people using G82 springs on G80 cars to get the larger drop.

Of course something doesnt add up for you--- you shut down at 99 IQ. Clown hahahahhaa --- where is your car buddy- lets see those G82 springs and show me the part number since your invoice is showing G82 nomenclature.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #26
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I post facts from H&R.

Here is the G82 part number, read very slowly again:

https://www.hrsprings.com/applicatio...s/4/2414/2021/

.4 inches was on the G80 and 1.2 on the G82....thats .8 inches in variance or 20mm. Please Google how much 20mm is in inches

There are people using G82 springs on G80 cars to get the larger drop.
Thats not factually correct, the drop difference on a g82 is different due to axle weights, which is why the MSS and KW kits have a bigger drop on the M4.

Also no relevance to the "part number" you claimed had to be for a G82 because it happened to start with G82
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:48 AM   #27
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thats not factually correct, the drop difference on a g82 is different due to axle weights, which is why the MSS and KW kits have a bigger drop on the M4.

Also no relevance to the "part number" you claimed had to be for a G82 because it happened to start with G82
Ok Ill keep it civilized for you and the members, please show me this axle weight difference and also please tell me why H&R itself would not list the correct drops. Could it be possible, just possible since you are so well versed in this topic, that H&R made the G82 spring different. The part numbers are different too.

I have this G80 and clearly .4 wont cut it so Im going to use HAS springs as H&R has such a variation. Also I had an F90 M5 and used H&R and yep, their site said .4 inches and yep, it dropped it a paltry .4 inches:

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #28
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ok Ill keep it civilized for you and the members, please show me this axle weight difference and also please tell me why H&R itself would not list the correct drops. Could it be possible, just possible since you are so well versed in this topic, that H&R made the G82 spring different. The part numbers are different too.

I have this G80 and clearly .4 wont cut it so Im going to use HAS springs as H&R has such a variation. Also I had an F90 M5 and used H&R and yep, their site said .4 inches and yep, it dropped it a paltry .4 inches:

I'm not sure what you aren't getting, For someone who is a self proclaimed genius you seem to struggle to explain how you've come up with your analysis.

Does the G80 have a shorter or softer spring than the G82 or are they the same? I doubt you know and neither do I at this point. However i'm going to assume using logic that the same springs are used on both cars, there is differing proportions as one a sedan and one is a coupe resulting in a minor difference in how weight is distributed and that is why there is a variance in the drop

The whole point of this was that a different H&R spring could be fitted to achieve a better height rather than the 0.4" drop one you continuously post about. I'm genuinely unsure what you are trying to achieve. It is pretty simple for H&R to supply an alternate spring rate or length at a customers request, they are a suspension company after all
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:04 PM   #29
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Just to be clear, i'm not disputing the advertised kit exists that drops it .4 inches.

Just that an alternate H&R spring kit can be fitted to drop it further

Your brain must have moved so fast you've over analysed the point of the actual post, see below image of you in this thread
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #30
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure what you aren't getting, For someone who is a self proclaimed genius you seem to struggle to explain how you've come up with your analysis.

Does the G80 have a shorter or softer spring than the G82 or are they the same? I doubt you know and neither do I at this point. However i'm going to assume using logic that the same springs are used on both cars, there is differing proportions as one a sedan and one is a coupe resulting in a minor difference in how weight is distributed and that is why there is a variance in the drop

The whole point of this was that a different H&R spring could be fitted to achieve a better height rather than the 0.4" drop one you continuously post about. I'm genuinely unsure what you are trying to achieve. It is pretty simple for H&R to supply an alternate spring rate or length at a customers request, they are a suspension company after all

Zero struggle, I sleep well at night--- please re read my posts again and again and again. My point which you need to get is that the actual G80 spring is going to have a lesser drop. I have already said over and over that one can use a different spring like a G82 to get a larger drop. Please provide me with the alternative spring that H&R will approve for the G80 or a universal fitment.

Part number for G80 is 28616-1
Part number for G82 is 28616-2

I have used H&R for over 15 applications, these are two different part numbers where you might struggle to know the difference between 1 and 2...

G80 says .4 inches drop in rear
G82 says 1.2 inches drop in rear

Whether or not its axle weight or whatever, the key is what is listed.

Where is your car? Can you post the pre drop pics now and then post the part number (which is implanted on the spring) when you drop it and then post drop views for the members here. I think that would help the community.

And maybe you should do more research since you know so much. This member actually spoke to H&R and they said 10mm which is .4 inches on the G80. Do you even own the damn car?

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...19&postcount=1
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #31
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Zero struggle, I sleep well at night--- please re read my posts again and again and again. My point which you need to get is that the actual G80 spring is going to have a lesser drop. I have already said over and over that one can use a different spring like a G82 to get a larger drop. Please provide me with the alternative spring that H&R will approve for the G80 or a universal fitment.

Part number for G80 is 28616-1
Part number for G82 is 28616-2

I have used H&R for over 15 applications, these are two different part numbers where you might struggle to know the difference between 1 and 2...

G80 says .4 inches drop in rear
G82 says 1.2 inches drop in rear

Whether or not its axle weight or whatever, the key is what is listed.

Where is your car? Can you post the pre drop pics now and then post the part number (which is implanted on the spring) when you drop it and then post drop views for the members here. I think that would help the community.

And maybe you should do more research since you know so much. This member actually spoke to H&R and they said 10mm which is .4 inches on the G80. Do you even own the damn car?

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...38;postcount=1
I'm not sure why you keep going back to 0.4 inches maybe its the size of your shrinking manhood and thats why you keep posting here? Nobody is disputing the springs for the G80 are on the website and exist. You can't seem to comprehend anything else

I don't actually own the car just post here for lols to wind old senile men up and have never lowered anything in my life.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #32
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

The whole point of this post was to help people who wanted to get rid of the gap with the options available at the moment given the disappointing HAS heights.

Meanwhile you're having a 2 page aneurism going back and forward, after i've said a different rear spring can be fitted, you're telling me a different rear spring can be fitted…
Appreciate 1
EMC22.50
      06-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #33
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure why you keep going back to 0.4 inches maybe its the size of your shrinking manhood and thats why you keep posting here? Nobody is disputing the springs for the G80 are on the website and exist. You can't seem to comprehend anything else

I don't actually own the car just post here for lols to wind old senile men up and have never lowered anything in my life.
Says the guy who will run into a wall with a hard on and break his nose.

LOL.

Lets see the car little pre pubescent man.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #34
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Says the guy who will run into a wall with a hard on and break his nose.

LOL.

Lets see the car little pre pubescent man.
Must be doing alright if i've got an M3 prior to puberty

Meanwhile you're struggling to differentiate between 2 types of H&R springs like this
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
EMC22.50
      06-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #35
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Meanwhile you're struggling to differentiate between 2 types of H&R springs like this
Lets see the car? So I can tell you what springs to get
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #36
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lets see the car? So I can tell you what springs to get
I'm not sure i'd need advice from you, didn't you put 550i springs in an M5? I assume that would be worse than putting m4 springs in an M3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #37
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure i'd need advice from you, didn't you put 550i springs in an M5? I assume that would be worse than putting m4 springs in an M3.
Same spring rates as many have done it but dropped the car correctly... this is why H&R drove many F90 guys mad LOL.

Ok that was funny... but please post the drop so we can review and see if H&R is worth it. For now Im going with KW.

Sorry about the two page waste but hey, its free bumps
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #38
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Maybe we should get onto H&R and ask them about G20 320i springs for soft spring rates and more lows and ultimate performance?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #39
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Same spring rates as many have done it but dropped the car correctly... this is why H&R drove many F90 guys mad LOL.

Ok that was funny... but please post the drop so we can review and see if H&R is worth it. For now Im going with KW.

Sorry about the two page waste but hey, its free bumps
You know thats all your post had to be and it would have actually been useful lol,

The KW pic was disappointing but I have been told they are revisiting to make it lower which is why it keeps getting pushed back, which is why i'm going the springs.

The HAS seems to be 25-30mm front regardless of brand, and the rear only needs 20mm, if i'm just going to max out the HAS i can just go springs that achieve the same drop, like the blue car.

Thats my thinking anyway
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #40
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You know thats all your post had to be and it would have actually been useful lol,

The KW pic was disappointing but I have been told they are revisiting to make it lower which is why it keeps getting pushed back, which is why i'm going the springs.

The HAS seems to be 25-30mm front regardless of brand, and the rear only needs 20mm, if i'm just going to max out the HAS i can just go springs that achieve the same drop, like the blue car.

Thats my thinking anyway
Yeah KW lists their drops publicly on the conservative side but usually thats their optimal drop point with the oem dampers. On my M8 GC I sill have a bit more in the threads to lower it further but it looks pretty good in the current set up.

I think you may find that the H&R has basically lighter spring rates than KW and MSS (Eibach) which might not soak up the undulations and create that extra "bounce" which we all hate.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #41
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thats my thinking anyway
Yeah KW lists their drops publicly on the conservative side but usually thats their optimal drop point with the oem dampers. On my M8 GC I sill have a bit more in the threads to lower it further but it looks pretty good in the current set up.

I think you may find that the H&R has basically lighter spring rates than KW and MSS (Eibach) which might not soak up the undulations and create that extra "bounce" which we all hate.
I guess i'll post the results and see how i go
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:56 PM   #42
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I guess i'll post the results and see how i go
Tomorrow? And can you, for all of us, list the part number?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:59 PM   #43
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Take a look at 'the stance shop' on Instagram, based in Queens. They have been dropping tonnes of G80's using the H&R spring kits and they are very low at the back, more than low enough and definitely more than .4
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #44
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Take a look at 'the stance shop' on Instagram, based in Queens. They have been dropping tonnes of G80's using the H&R spring kits and they are very low at the back, more than low enough and definitely more than .4

LOL they are probably installing springs from another BMW. Do you think a shop called Stance Shop is going to get "unreleased" springs over all the other bigger accounts?

Looking at the Stance Shops IG, they have been installing springs since April. I highly doubt they had access to a lot of R&D springs and were allowed to sell them. I want to see pics of the springs they installed, I can guarantee they weren't made for the G8X. They say they cant reveal information on their IG comments to people who have been asking what springs they used, gee I wonder why?

Last edited by ///MeraldCity_G82; 06-13-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
JTO245271.50
Closed Thread