Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNewb10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post
Yea....im still on the fence with my first world problem lol....he just emailed me saying i can pick any color and then i was like what if i just got the same color as body (iomg)....how can u tell its no the same caliper?....is the rim different?
For your Isle of Man the best color IMO is the blue. Black gets hidden, red kind of clashes with the green, although another guy posted a pic of that combo that was actually nice.

Blue really is the way to go - obviously they made a mistake so take advantage of the situation. Instead of painting the calipers something else when its already quite nice, ask them for some BMW gear and accessories instead.

Maybe some all weather mats, car covers etc.
Let me end this hear bc i polluted a different thread with the same issue from this thread.

I ended up just keeping the blue and had the dealership compensate me for the error. Your right. The blue goes really well with the blue in the headlights and the badges. Red would be too Christmissy for me. I also ended up changing my dealership bc of how they tried to convince me that the brakes were "delicate" and they didnt want to "disturb" the car lol. It just proved how incompetent they were. I mean cmon, its frkn calipers. Anyways, i appreciate everyones input on this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #46
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Take your check for the hassle, but still call BMW corporate. Your build sheet no longer matches what is actually on your car and this could impact resale value.
That's a far reach. "Your build sheet says black calipers, but your car has blue oh no I can't pay your asking price. I need $5k off." Yeah that'll for sure happen that way
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #47
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Take your check for the hassle, but still call BMW corporate. Your build sheet no longer matches what is actually on your car and this could impact resale value.
That's a far reach. "Your build sheet says black calipers, but your car has blue oh no I can't pay your asking price. I need $5k off." Yeah that'll for sure happen that way
That's not at all what I said, but okay
Appreciate 0