BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

04-29-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Will my warranty cover brake pads for track use?

Will BMW cover the pads if the car is being tracked? And if so is there a limit on how many times they change it?

I tried Googling this and couldn't find a clear answer and wanted to see if anyone else had an experience purchasing the upgrade and going to the track often.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Will BMW cover the pads if the car is being tracked? And if so is there a limit on how many times they change it?

I tried Googling this and couldn't find a clear answer and wanted to see if anyone else had an experience purchasing the upgrade and going to the track often.
Is there a clause around excessive wear and tear? If so, that may fall under it or could be used to deny a claim.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I don't recall if brake pads are covered under + but in general my dealer told me there are guidelines for "normal" use and wear on pads and it's very obvious if the car is tracked (extreme heat). I'd suggest getting an answer in writing from the service manager to avoid issues in the future.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #4
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
I don't recall if brake pads are covered under + but in general my dealer told me there are guidelines for "normal" use and wear on pads and it's very obvious if the car is tracked (extreme heat). I'd suggest getting an answer in writing from the service manager to avoid issues in the future.
Thanks, I will definitely do that.

Not sure why my thread title was changed from Ultimate Care+ to warranty after the thread was moved? LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 05:52 PM   #5
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Pads should be, the same with wiper blades. Consult with your service advisor if and when the time comes. Dealer will simply bill BMW for the parts/labor. They won't proceed if they won't get reimbursed.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

NO NO AND NO. Same as tires
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:01 AM   #7
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Brakes i believe are additional that you can add. I know when i bought my F80 for $600.00 i could add brakes to the maintenance but i never planned to track the car. But things could of changed by now.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 05:15 PM   #8
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Just closed the deal on my G80 and finance told me that they won't replace brakes if you track the car...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #9
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Brakes i believe are additional that you can add. I know when i bought my F80 for $600.00 i could add brakes to the maintenance but i never planned to track the car. But things could of changed by now.
NOPE. You can blow through brakes in a weekend tracking these cars. They are not giving you new pads/brakes. Just like the dealer can't see a tune. It's BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #10
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Lol wtf.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #11
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Lol wtf.
lol at this clown who clearly didn't read through the thread. A mod change the thread title from Ultimate Care+(which replaces brakes) to warranty when moving the thread from General.

You must be one of those kids that makes comments and assumptions without reading an article.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #12
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Firstly, I'm not sure what made you so mad that you had to resort to name calling. Are you trying to show you have bigger balls on a forum?

Secondly, I did read the thread, and still left my comment. If you didn't like it, then don't reply.

Thirdly, even though I think you're question is one of the dumbest ones I've seen on these forums, in a long time. I didn't want to say that to you because that would be rude.

You Googled something did you? That's awesome!

Why don't you read through your terms and conditions, and get an answer from there? Why don't you write an email to your SA, and get an answer from them? You're on a forum, asking a question, hoping to get answers from complete strangers. Think about that for a second. There's no logic here. It doesn't matter what anybody says, or does, besides YOUR SA. They're the only person that can help you with this. That's why you may have heard the saying, "treat your SA like family."

Furthermore, why do you even care about the answer to this question? Why don't you go track the car, burn the pads, and go to the dealer and find out. Judging by your attitude, money must be in abundance in your life, so who cares about strangers opinions on a forum? If they cover them hurrah good for you. If they don't, drop some $$ and replace them. Unless, this is something that will stop you from tracking your car often, because you can't afford the brakes. Idk. I'm one of those dumb clown kids, right?

Don't come here all pissed off, calling me a clown and that I must be a kid. Learn how to have a conversation without belittling and/or bullying. All I said was "Lol wtf." You could've asked what that was directed at, or why I said it. Maybe I was only trying to get my post count up? Maybe I was saying it because I think you could have taken my suggestions, by thinking with your own brain? You'll never know.

Best of luck with that shit attitude bud. I hope you treat your SA with more class.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #13
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Lol wtf.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 07:19 PM   #14
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

People have had their pads replaced from the F8X chassis but pretty sure it’s a case by case basis or what people have claimed to their SA’s.

Time trials VS road course events also make a difference to what’s could be considered outside normal wear and tear.

BMW may have wised up since their maintenance plan now has a separate tier for brake pads/rotors. Dunno.

Either way I’m in for “Lol wtf.” t-shirts
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #15
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
People have had their pads replaced from the F8X chassis but pretty sure it’s a case by case basis or what people have claimed to their SA’s.

Time trials VS road course events also make a difference to what’s could be considered outside normal wear and tear.

BMW may have wised up since their maintenance plan now has a separate tier for brake pads/rotors. Dunno.

Either way I’m in for “Lol wtf.” t-shirts
Appreciate your answer, not like this clown who probably doesn't talk to people like that in person.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 08:33 PM   #16
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

LOL you spent all that time and energy to write that? Clearly you are the one that is mad here because I called you a clown. Go cry to someone who cares.

If you actually read through the comments like you claim, you would've read my reply that I got an answer from finance. F off clown. You don't like my comments, don't respond to my replies.

Bullying?? Ok kid, whatever makes you feel less insecure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Firstly, I'm not sure what made you so mad that you had to resort to name calling. Are you trying to show you have bigger balls on a forum?

Secondly, I did read the thread, and still left my comment. If you didn't like it, then don't reply.

Thirdly, even though I think you're question is one of the dumbest ones I've seen on these forums, in a long time. I didn't want to say that to you because that would be rude.

You Googled something did you? That's awesome!

Why don't you read through your terms and conditions, and get an answer from there? Why don't you write an email to your SA, and get an answer from them? You're on a forum, asking a question, hoping to get answers from complete strangers. Think about that for a second. There's no logic here. It doesn't matter what anybody says, or does, besides YOUR SA. They're the only person that can help you with this. That's why you may have heard the saying, "treat your SA like family."

Furthermore, why do you even care about the answer to this question? Why don't you go track the car, burn the pads, and go to the dealer and find out. Judging by your attitude, money must be in abundance in your life, so who cares about strangers opinions on a forum? If they cover them hurrah good for you. If they don't, drop some $$ and replace them. Unless, this is something that will stop you from tracking your car often, because you can't afford the brakes. Idk. I'm one of those dumb clown kids, right?

Don't come here all pissed off, calling me a clown and that I must be a kid. Learn how to have a conversation without belittling and/or bullying. All I said was "Lol wtf." You could've asked what that was directed at, or why I said it. Maybe I was only trying to get my post count up? Maybe I was saying it because I think you could have taken my suggestions, by thinking with your own brain? You'll never know.

Best of luck with that shit attitude bud. I hope you treat your SA with more class.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #17
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep

I apologize on behalf of whoever hurt you. 🤗

PS, finance and your SA aren't the same people. See you.
Appreciate 0