BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-11-2021, 12:38 PM   #309
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Tesla has nothing to be embarrassed about.
Build quality? I know I would be embarrassed if the cars I produced suffered from worse build quality than an 80's K-car.
That's my knock with Tesla. The interior quality, the seats, etc. The build quality is severely lacking. Fit finish is crap. Tesla owners have found Home Depot parts in their car. The price tags were never removed hence the Home Depot part. A 2005 Lexus has better interior than a Tesla. No I'm not comparing the tech, just the fit finish interior.
Do you have any pictures of the HD parts?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #310
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Tesla has nothing to be embarrassed about.
Build quality? I know I would be embarrassed if the cars I produced suffered from worse build quality than an 80's K-car.
That's my knock with Tesla. The interior quality, the seats, etc. The build quality is severely lacking. Fit finish is crap. Tesla owners have found Home Depot parts in their car. The price tags were never removed hence the Home Depot part. A 2005 Lexus has better interior than a Tesla. No I'm not comparing the tech, just the fit finish interior.
Do you have any pictures of the HD parts?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/driving...1472c915e/amp/
Appreciate 1
robopp1717.00
      08-13-2021, 02:24 AM   #311
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justohigh View Post
Did anyone ever put the awd version on a scale yet? Curious to know what’s the weight is.
Shouldn't be too much more than the Competition. The AWD system is estimated to be less than a 50lb penalty

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #312
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82KPowers View Post
Shouldn't be too much more than the Competition. The AWD system is estimated to be less than a 50lb penalty
You sure about that? I thought it was a 50kg penalty... About 110lb
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #313
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Yes it's 50kg = 110lbs according to BMW

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #314
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Yes it's 50kg = 110lbs according to BMW
Yes I meant kg, not lb! Thanks for heads up 💪

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #315
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, g80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
People love to push the EV narrative. It won't happen the way proponents think. Most do not want EV's and the ICE isn't going away in our lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
People love to push the EV narrative. It won't happen the way proponents think. Most do not want EV's and the ICE isn't going away in our lifetime.
This.

I work for the Japanese automotive industry and the 20 year plan is not Battery EV. There's not enough supply to fill the needs of the world. Toyota and Honda (and now bmw) are hedging their bets on hydrogen cell tech.

Electric cars may be cool now and for the next decade but not sustainable as people think.
Sedan_Clan25169.50
Ilyam5896.00
Limegrntaln13546.50
      08-13-2021, 06:47 PM   #316
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james550imanual View Post
This.

I work for the Japanese automotive industry and the 20 year plan is not Battery EV. There's not enough supply to fill the needs of the world. Toyota and Honda (and now bmw) are hedging their bets on hydrogen cell tech.

Electric cars may be cool now and for the next decade but not sustainable as people think.
they better hurry before they are out of business...

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:50 PM   #317
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Quote:
This.

Quote:
Quote:
This.

Japanese are masters of long term strategic planning. Like I said, EV's are in for now and for the foreseeable future. Top brass at Toyota is already thinking of what's beyond that. I'm just a peon at the company so I'll just stay quiet and let them determine how the company plans to survive 50 years from now 😂. They've made pretty good decisions thus far haha
      08-13-2021, 10:10 PM   #318
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Japanese are masters of long term strategic planning. Like I said, EV's are in for now and for the foreseeable future. Top brass at Toyota is already thinking of what's beyond that. I'm just a peon at the company so I'll just stay quiet and let them determine how the company plans to survive 50 years from now 😂. They've made pretty good decisions thus far haha
They do make reliable cars.... and nobody would have thought in the 80's they would be where they got in the 2000's so anything is possible ... but to survive past 50 years you first need to survive the first 10
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #319
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

so are these cars in Europe? cause doesn't look like there are in the US ?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:34 PM   #320
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This.

Quote:
Quote:
This.

Nah I think you're more factual than these videos. These videos are pointless because they only give you a quick snapshot. For starters, Tesla numbers are massively inflated. Tesla sales have grown but no sudden upticks and they've lowered pricing numerous times already. This doesn't coincide with the market cap.

They've been profitable selling off gov. environmental tokens, Bitcoin and selling off Full Self Driving subscriptions NOT from automotive sales. If you were to remove those three, they would actually be in the red. Again.

It's why I dislike it when people post videos without substance or focus on "Tesla's market cap" as the reason they're awesome. There's legitimately been very little to justify this oversized excitement if I'm being completely honest, strictly from a business / financial stand point. I mean, they've been cutting pay and bonuses for awhile now for fucks sake, lol. Not Elon's of course but that's par for the course. So I just have trouble understanding this much leg humping.

I think what they've done is astounding. They've ushered in serious advancements to tech and performance ev wise amongst other things, but I honestly don't find them to be this golden egg that many have made them out to be. My opinion of course but removing emotion or personal investment, I don't see how this is such an amazing company with accelerated growth. I don't see accelerated anything except 0-60 speed on the Plaid lol
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:52 PM   #321
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

Quote:
Nah I think you're more factual than these videos. These videos are pointless because they only give you a quick snapshot. For starters, Tesla numbers are massively inflated. Tesla sales have grown but no sudden upticks and they've lowered pricing numerous times already. This doesn't coincide with the market cap.

They've been profitable selling off gov. environmental tokens, Bitcoin and selling off Full Self Driving subscriptions NOT from automotive sales. If you were to remove those three, they would actually be in the red. Again.

It's why I dislike it when people post videos without substance or focus on "Tesla's market cap" as the reason they're awesome. There's legitimately been very little to justify this oversized excitement if I'm being completely honest, strictly from a business / financial stand point. I mean, they've been cutting pay and bonuses for awhile now for fucks sake, lol. Not Elon's of course but that's par for the course. So I just have trouble understanding this much leg humping.

I think what they've done is astounding. They've ushered in serious advancements to tech and performance ev wise amongst other things, but I honestly don't find them to be this golden egg that many have made them out to be. My opinion of course but removing emotion or personal investment, I don't see how this is such an amazing company with accelerated growth. I don't see accelerated anything except 0-60 speed on the Plaid lol
The regulatory credit thing is no longer true... in their most recent earnings Tesla was profitable without counting emissions credits and even factoring in that they lost on their bitcoin investment last quarter.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:05 PM   #322
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:

The regulatory credit thing is no longer true... in their most recent earnings Tesla was profitable without counting emissions credits and even factoring in that they lost on their bitcoin investment last quarter.
This is why I would rather not even open my mouth. How the FUCK is it not true? All because Q2 of 2021 earnings call showed a profit for the FIRST TIME EVER WITHOUT ENVIRONMENTAL CREDITS doesn't mean the fact wasn't true for the other EIGHTEEN YEARS of Tesla's existence. It's still factual and it's still truth, I'm sorry.

This, this is NOT how a graph looks like with "accelerated growth". It's alright to have different opinions but put down the koolaid. One positive quarter WITHOUT Bitcoin / credits / human trafficking / powerball whatever, doesn't make the facts obsolete.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:09 PM   #323
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

Quote:
This is why I would rather not even open my mouth. How the FUCK is it not true? All because Q2 of 2021 earnings call showed a profit for the FIRST TIME EVER WITHOUT ENVIRONMENTAL CREDITS doesn't mean the fact wasn't true for the other EIGHTEEN YEARS of Tesla's existence. It's still factual and it's still truth, I'm sorry.

This, this is NOT how a graph looks like with "accelerated growth". It's alright to have different opinions but put down the koolaid. One positive quarter WITHOUT Bitcoin / credits / human trafficking / powerball whatever, doesn't make the facts obsolete.
Dude why are you flipping out I don’t even care for Tesla I’m just pointing out what you said technically isn’t true anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:19 PM   #324
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:

Dude why are you flipping out I don’t even care for Tesla I’m just pointing out what you said technically isn’t true anymore.
I'm not even going to entertain the flip out. It's disbelief not flip out for the record.

They've never been in the green before without environmental credits, Bitcoin and other items in their portfolio. It doesn't change what happened all these quarters for eighteen years.

You can say they were profitable in Q2 of '21 without credits but you absolutely still can stay they've never been profitable without those things cuz they haven't. Up until right now.

My point was merely that video is misleading. Unless they only factored in Q2 of 2021. It's legitimately the equivalent if the wife of the CEO from Toyota had a cook book that was a best seller and Toyota included her revenue with their revenue for the market cap numbers lol.
Appreciate 1
will0621476.50
      08-14-2021, 12:16 AM   #325
jlevy73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive

Quote:
Mine has been at the port in Europe since Monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 07:13 AM   #326
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They do make reliable cars.... and nobody would have thought in the 80's they would be where they got in the 2000's so anything is possible ... but to survive past 50 years you first need to survive the first 10
Toyota and Honda will have a flurry of EV and hybrids by 2030. The whole industry will have a big transformation then…OEMs are investing billions right now for this. It's gonna be a different ballgame and Tesla won't be the only kid in the playground anymore.
      08-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #327
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Toyota and Honda will have a flurry of EV and hybrids by 2030. The whole industry will have a big transformation then…OEMs are investing billions right now for this. It's gonna be a different ballgame and Tesla won't be the only kid in the playground anymore.
Very depressing
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #328
Dzo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp. xDrive

Quote:
Yes, there are a lot, lot more Toyota's than Tesla's here !!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #329
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzo View Post
Quote:
Yes, there are a lot, lot more Toyota's than Tesla's here !!!
I'm talking about the xDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #330
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

I love the people saying AWD weight penalty is the reason for not getting it. It can be switched to RWD so driving experience can't be a reason and the fact that it only adds 110 lbs seems like a no brainer. 1 passenger adds more than that. And what's 110 more lbs on a 3800 lb car. Mercedes was over 4,000 without AWD.

Now if you say manual vs auto, 100% I get why you wouldn't go AWD. For 2022 and beyond I feel like it's either AWD or manual, RWD comps would have to be the smallest segment. Actually surprised they are even making them.
Appreciate 1
Gfit2729.00