Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-29-2023, 04:27 PM   #23
detaillabaus
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Got your PM Tom. Thank you for your support even though this wasn’t purchased from you. I’m a new member and can’t respond to PM’s until I have a number of posts up. Thanks again mate.
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8207.50
      09-29-2023, 05:18 PM   #24
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by detaillabaus View Post
Got your PM Tom. Thank you for your support even though this wasn’t purchased from you. I’m a new member and can’t respond to PM’s until I have a number of posts up. Thanks again mate.
Glad to help, enjoy your new Awron Valve Controller!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2024, 09:13 AM   #25
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Bumping this thread. agnewfedaykin SpectacleG8X how are you liking this thing? Would you say the hassle of the install is worth it?

I’ve coded off ASD and my exhaust is stock. For now at least.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 09:31 AM   #26
agnewfedaykin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xDrive / 2022 M3 Com

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Bumping this thread. agnewfedaykin SpectacleG8X how are you liking this thing? Would you say the hassle of the install is worth it?

I’ve coded off ASD and my exhaust is stock. For now at least.
This thing is awesome as I much prefer the integration with never having to find a remote or deal with batteries for one. My only complaint is the ASD defaults to on so most mornings I have to hit the button before starting the car to go to work. Though it hasn’t been annoying to the point where I’ve looked into solving that. My only suggestion is to also bring up the minimum RPMs so it doesn’t open for a split second during shifts.

With it being updatable I’m hoping they add more features since it’s a CAN interpreter such as switching to M Mode when you hit an M1 or M2 button. Or my complaint of the car starting with the ASD button on an the ability to default it to off. I also wish the safety mode was editable to more than 50mph so I could force it closed 100% of the time for inspection time 😅.

Overall 9/10 an they also have a kit now that allows you to intercept the signal at the valve plug to avoid cutting and splicing any wires.
Needsdecaf6599.00
RACE M3545.50
      01-06-2024, 10:44 AM   #27
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnewfedaykin View Post
This thing is awesome as I much prefer the integration with never having to find a remote or deal with batteries for one. My only complaint is the ASD defaults to on so most mornings I have to hit the button before starting the car to go to work. Though it hasn’t been annoying to the point where I’ve looked into solving that. My only suggestion is to also bring up the minimum RPMs so it doesn’t open for a split second during shifts.

With it being updatable I’m hoping they add more features since it’s a CAN interpreter such as switching to M Mode when you hit an M1 or M2 button. Or my complaint of the car starting with the ASD button on an the ability to default it to off. I also wish the safety mode was editable to more than 50mph so I could force it closed 100% of the time for inspection time 😅.

Overall 9/10 an they also have a kit now that allows you to intercept the signal at the valve plug to avoid cutting and splicing any wires.
Thanks!

tom @ eas the photos on your page still show bare wires..is this just for pluggging into the harness? No cutting required now?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 06:31 AM   #28
sbgolfer2221
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Can you share a link to the harness kit? I’m not finding it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 12:45 PM   #29
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

Quote:

What part of your pictures ended up being incorrect. I followed the instructions and OPs tips. The valves aren't moving, box is connected and programable, and exhaust valve ground codes.

Do the settings within the car itself matter now? For example with a standard override setup you can do sport plus with the sound off. Quick pedal feel without the burbles.

I'm getting ready to open it back up again. Silly mistake for not testing it before buttoning it up lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 01:12 PM   #30
agnewfedaykin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xDrive / 2022 M3 Com

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACE M3 View Post
Quote:

What part of your pictures ended up being incorrect. I followed the instructions and OPs tips. The valves aren't moving, box is connected and programable, and exhaust valve ground codes.

Do the settings within the car itself matter now? For example with a standard override setup you can do sport plus with the sound off. Quick pedal feel without the burbles.

I'm getting ready to open it back up again. Silly mistake for not testing it before buttoning it up lol
My issue was the fuse location they suggest wasn’t working an I had moved it to one of the larger fuses on the other side. There’s a row of them that are keyed power instead of constant. I think I found the wiring diagram somewhere, but not sure where off hand at the moment.
      02-08-2024, 09:28 PM   #31
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My issue was the fuse location they suggest wasn’t working an I had moved it to one of the larger fuses on the other side. There’s a row of them that are keyed power instead of constant. I think I found the wiring diagram somewhere, but not sure where off hand at the moment.
I had used any empty socket that wasn’t a spare lol got it sorted! Test drive time tomorrow!

Thank you for replying so quickly! Had I not figured it out you would have made me consider there again lol the module powers on with usb connection. It tricked me into thinking it’s getting power from the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 09:06 AM   #32
m2dragon
Rep
Drives: 91 e30 318is (M50 Swap)

I finished installing the Awron controller module and after testing it, when I press the exhaust button to turn off the “ASD" on the center console it does not close the valves as it suppose to. I checked inside the muffler tips with a light to see the exhaust flaps and it looks like they are fully open no matter what mode you are in and they don’t seem to close at all. I can connect to the Awron config tool successfully via usb and in the config tool I have “ASD OFF” checked but It still activates the fake exhaust sounds when I toggle the “ASD button” from the center console. Any ideas or suggestions of what i can do to fix these problems?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 10:32 AM   #33
green_g83
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G83

m2dragon - I am having the same issue. Just installed mine yesterday and it looks like the valves are stuck open now. When I select an M mode, it turns on the exhaust through the speakers it appears. I have emailed Tom, just waiting for a reply.

The only trick part was finding the brown/green wire. I used the ECU plug at the front of the car and used the brown/grey wire and one that was brown/mint green. There were two other wires that were brown and more of a darker green.

I will note that originally I did cut the brown/dark green wire first and it gave me a drivetrain error so I knew something was wrong. They connected that back and used the other brown/mint green wire and that went away, but I also have a driver assistance error now...help...lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 12:22 PM   #34
HI M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Instead of picking the color of the wires, I followed the pin numbers listed in the instructions, when I did my install.
Appreciate 1
Hit_Apex2370.50
      02-27-2024, 06:48 PM   #35
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_g83 View Post
m2dragon - I am having the same issue. Just installed mine yesterday and it looks like the valves are stuck open now. When I select an M mode, it turns on the exhaust through the speakers it appears. I have emailed Tom, just waiting for a reply.

The only trick part was finding the brown/green wire. I used the ECU plug at the front of the car and used the brown/grey wire and one that was brown/mint green. There were two other wires that were brown and more of a darker green.

I will note that originally I did cut the brown/dark green wire first and it gave me a drivetrain error so I knew something was wrong. They connected that back and used the other brown/mint green wire and that went away, but I also have a driver assistance error now...help...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2dragon View Post
I finished installing the Awron controller module and after testing it, when I press the exhaust button to turn off the “ASD" on the center console it does not close the valves as it suppose to. I checked inside the muffler tips with a light to see the exhaust flaps and it looks like they are fully open no matter what mode you are in and they don’t seem to close at all. I can connect to the Awron config tool successfully via usb and in the config tool I have “ASD OFF” checked but It still activates the fake exhaust sounds when I toggle the “ASD button” from the center console. Any ideas or suggestions of what i can do to fix these problems?

Try a different spot for power. That was my problem. When the laptop is connected it provides power to the module making you think that it's getting power.

The asd disable doesn't work. I coded the car to disable that "feature."
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 12:01 PM   #36
m2dragon
Rep
Drives: 91 e30 318is (M50 Swap)

Quote:
Try a different spot for power. That was my problem. When the laptop is connected it provides power to the module making you think that it's getting power.

Thank you I will try that this weekend, the purple wire is currently inserted in a empty socket and with a 5amp fuse plugged in the front side, so I guessing it is not getting power, should I just tap in to an existing wire using a fuse wire tap?
Appreciate 1
KKSigs1267.50
      02-29-2024, 01:26 PM   #37
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Thank you I will try that this weekend, the purple wire is currently inserted in a empty socket and with a 5amp fuse plugged in the front side, so I guessing it is not getting power, should I just tap in to an existing wire using a fuse wire tap?
Yes, or better - verify 12V power with a multimeter.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 07:51 AM   #38
green_g83
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI M3 View Post
Instead of picking the color of the wires, I followed the pin numbers listed in the instructions, when I did my install.
Yes I did end up finding the numbers which were correct. Thanks, I didn’t see them in the clip at first.
Appreciate 1
RACE M3545.50
      03-01-2024, 07:53 AM   #39
green_g83
Rep

Quote:

I think the power is my issue. I will have to try another spot. Tom recommended a different power location which I am going to try today.
Appreciate 1
RACE M3545.50
      03-01-2024, 07:56 AM   #40
green_g83
Rep

Quote:
I recieved your PM, but I am a new member so I need a few more posts before I can reply.
But yes, Tom got back to me and has been helping me diagnose the issue. We believe it is likley a power issue and I am going to try another power location today. I’ll keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 07:13 PM   #41
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_g83 View Post
I think the power is my issue. I will have to try another spot. Tom recommended a different power location which I am going to try today.
Guess and check different spots with the car running. You’ll hear the valves open and close.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 03:44 PM   #42
Workaholic
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp xDrive 2024

- wrong thread-

Last edited by Workaholic; 03-25-2024 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0