03-27-2024, 03:51 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
To help us sell more Seriously though, I do not understand this design at all.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 09:57 AM   #24
brit.milltek
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

@kiysersosae

I am the Gm of Milltek USA and can with absolute confidence can say that you were well within your rights to ask for a replacement for this downpipe, it is absolutely not the quality we like to push out in to the world, I saw this post this morning and have requested that the UK Management do a review internally and re-look at your initial claim and speak to the team on how this should have been handled differently. From my side I can only apologize for the inconvenience and am sorry to see you losing your faith in us. We haven’t been bought out and are still under the same ownership we have always been, however like most companies we were impacted by workforce challenges during and after Covid in the UK. We’re continually working to evolve and take feedback like this seriously. If you want to reach out to me directly if you’re still interested in finding a suitable solution, I’d be more than happy to work with you. My email is brit@milltekcorp.com

Regarding the comments about the flow of the downpipe, I can absolutely see how there could be some misunderstanding on the design of this. The downpipe did reduce backpressure by 20% in its current design and although in images may look a lot different to other pictures online what’s not clear is the size of the catalyst used, we used a larger catalyst in a bit to avoid CEL, so may not be the right choice for everyone but certainly an option for people who are looking at more sound / flow without wanting to go stage 2 or remain with a Check Engine Light.

Again, if anyone wants to reach out to me directly for more information, I welcome it. My direct contact details are brit@milltekcorp.com and (865) 233 8918

Over the next week or so we are taking my personal G87 to the dyno to test a number of configurations including stock, downpipe, Turbo Back, X Pipe, Single Front Pipe to figure out what we’re actually achieving with each of these pieces and which set up achieves the best results under pressure.

I’d be happy to share that information with anyone who is interested in it!
Appreciate 8
Limegrntaln13469.00
Chi5824.00
mjj163.00
81bear427.50
M4Tejas788.00
      03-28-2024, 10:29 AM   #25
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Thanks for the post, Brit. Welcome to Bimmerpost. Looking forward to seeing the G87.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 01:05 PM   #26
brit.milltek
Rep

Appreciate the welcome - here she is

I haven't taken it out on track yet but fully intend to once we've got a few more shows out the way!

It has the following done to it so far:
- Milltek Turbo Back
- Rotiform NGO's
- P3 Gauge
- RaceChip Tuning Box
- EBC 2 Piece Rotors
- Cobra HAS Springs
- TRE by AutoID Carbon Kit & Alcantara Steering Wheel
- Ramair Intake
- Competition Motorsport Half Cage
- BFI Engine Mounts & Shift Knob

I'm loving it so far!

Attached Images

Last edited by brit.milltek; 03-28-2024 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-28-2024, 03:17 PM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit.milltek View Post
we used a larger catalyst in a bit to avoid CEL, so may not be the right choice for everyone but certainly an option for people who are looking at more sound / flow without wanting to go stage 2 or remain with a Check Engine Light.
Welcome to the forums

Does Milltek guarantee a no-check engine light with the downpipes? if so it could be a very intriguing option

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 03:53 PM   #28
brit.milltek
Rep

Thanks for the welcome

We do - SSXBM1235 - I've been running it since SEMA and have not had even a whiff of a CEL. Obviously if there are other things done to the vehicle that would in their own right cause a CEL this downpipe wouldn't prevent that but it's a NO CEL / No Software Required Downpipe.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2024, 04:36 PM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome

We do - SSXBM1235 - I've been running it since SEMA and have not had even a whiff of a CEL. Obviously if there are other things done to the vehicle that would in their own right cause a CEL this downpipe wouldn't prevent that but it's a NO CEL / No Software Required Downpipe.
Active Autowerke / Fabspeed claim no check engine light, and they will replace the downpipes if CEL is triggered.

Wagner / CG Precision Claim no check engine light but won't give any guarantee or offer replacement

Is Milltek closer to the AA or Wagner regarding the no CEL?

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 06:45 PM   #30
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
@kiysersosae

I am the Gm of Milltek USA and can with absolute confidence can say that you were well within your rights to ask for a replacement for this downpipe, it is absolutely not the quality we like to push out in to the world, I saw this post this morning and have requested that the UK Management do a review internally and re-look at your initial claim and speak to the team on how this should have been handled differently. From my side I can only apologize for the inconvenience and am sorry to see you losing your faith in us. We haven’t been bought out and are still under the same ownership we have always been, however like most companies we were impacted by workforce challenges during and after Covid in the UK. We’re continually working to evolve and take feedback like this seriously. If you want to reach out to me directly if you’re still interested in finding a suitable solution, I’d be more than happy to work with you. My email is brit@milltekcorp.com

Regarding the comments about the flow of the downpipe, I can absolutely see how there could be some misunderstanding on the design of this. The downpipe did reduce backpressure by 20% in its current design and although in images may look a lot different to other pictures online what’s not clear is the size of the catalyst used, we used a larger catalyst in a bit to avoid CEL, so may not be the right choice for everyone but certainly an option for people who are looking at more sound / flow without wanting to go stage 2 or remain with a Check Engine Light.

Again, if anyone wants to reach out to me directly for more information, I welcome it. My direct contact details are brit@milltekcorp.com and (865) 233 8918

Over the next week or so we are taking my personal G87 to the dyno to test a number of configurations including stock, downpipe, Turbo Back, X Pipe, Single Front Pipe to figure out what we’re actually achieving with each of these pieces and which set up achieves the best results under pressure.

I’d be happy to share that information with anyone who is interested in it!
Good to see you guys on here.

Installed a Milltek system already on Geighty7's G87 M2, and was impressed with the quality and fitment - we have some images and sound clips on this thread: https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=32

Already have a G8X M3/M4 system en route, will post some pictures/sound clips in a new thread once installed.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 10:03 AM   #31
brit.milltek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Active Autowerke / Fabspeed claim no check engine light, and they will replace the downpipes if CEL is triggered.

Wagner / CG Precision Claim no check engine light but won't give any guarantee or offer replacement

Is Milltek closer to the AA or Wagner regarding the no CEL?
We are confident this product doesn't cause CEL, if there is some kind of defect in the catalyst which resulted in a CEL we would replace the downpipe
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 10:05 AM   #32
brit.milltek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Good to see you guys on here.

Installed a Milltek system already on Geighty7's G87 M2, and was impressed with the quality and fitment - we have some images and sound clips on this thread: https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=32

Already have a G8X M3/M4 system en route, will post some pictures/sound clips in a new thread once installed.
Thanks for the feedback and welcome! We've seen some of the videos and I got your system shipped out yesterday so should be with you soon! I'm excited to see some more comparisons!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 11:19 AM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We are confident this product doesn't cause CEL, if there is some kind of defect in the catalyst which resulted in a CEL we would replace the downpipe
Nice

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 12:40 AM   #34
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
@kiysersosae

Again, if anyone wants to reach out [...]
Hi Brit,

Welcome to the forum mate.

I appreciate you coming back to me, it’s always good to see management not shying away from issues.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the comments I received back from Miltek UK regarding the quality issues. I’ve had Miltek in the past and never had any issues and always loved the sound. In this case with the DP it was disappointing to see such poor welding, the design also looks like it wouldn’t allow certain types of mid pipe connections; such as Supersprint J pipe, I could be wrong though.

I’m going to leave the DP for now, if it has been rectified at the time I likely would’ve accepted a replacement but I’ll wait and research a bit more before diving in.

Thanks
David
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:24 AM   #35
brit.milltek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Hi Brit,

Welcome to the forum mate.

I appreciate you coming back to me, it’s always good to see management not shying away from issues.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the comments I received back from Miltek UK regarding the quality issues. I’ve had Miltek in the past and never had any issues and always loved the sound. In this case with the DP it was disappointing to see such poor welding, the design also looks like it wouldn’t allow certain types of mid pipe connections; such as Supersprint J pipe, I could be wrong though.

I’m going to leave the DP for now, if it has been rectified at the time I likely would’ve accepted a replacement but I’ll wait and research a bit more before diving in.

Thanks
David
Understandable. If you would like any support in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly! Hope you end up with something you love regardless!
Appreciate 0