Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-26-2024, 03:55 PM   #1
AmDATX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3

Infinity Design Intake Review

Howdy everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to review the Infinity Design G80 Intake I purchased. Hopefully this will help others on their decision.

Im not affiliated with Infinity Designs at all, I paid full price for the kit.

I wanted to get an itake for the G80, mainly for looks and sound. I never expect much power from an intake. I can't tell if it gives me 5-6 HP or even if it reduces power a bit. For me, intake is about looks and sounds.

For the intake, I had a few requirements 1. I needed to be a closed system 2. It needed to be carbon and finally I didn't want to cut components or have to remove the bumper to install.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Armaspeed, but I didn't like its looks, so that led me to Dinan. I liked the look of that one better but still didn't love it, next was Eventuri. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on Eventuri system. I came across Infinity Designs, which fits (price-wise) between the Armaspeed & Eventuri. I contacted them to ask a few questions and see how long it would take them to get back to me. Salman (one of the engineers) got back to me quickly, and I was impressed with his knowledge of the product and the support he provided. So I ended up ordering the system. It shipped from the UK and arrived in Texas 3 or 4 days later.

The packing was legit! Super nice and probably better than Apple's packing.

Install: I had a local shop do it. I was about to do it but got cold feet the night before. The car was scheduled to get springs and spacers anyway, so I added the intake. The instructions were easy to follow, I just didn't feel comfortable working on the car, all I could imagine is dropping a bolt down the turbo inlet. So I chickened out last minute.

Performance: no real noticeable gains. Perhaps some quicker spool times but the car is still new to me so I’m that all that in tune with it yet. I have installed an intake on every car I have owned since I was 16 years old (I would guess about 12-15 cars), and I have noticed no noticeable performance increase. I think if you are buying an intake for performance, you may be a bit disappointed.

Sound: This is why I bought an inake. The sound is excellent, it gives a bit more intake and turbo sound, but its not annoying. Its for sure not the loudest on the market, I would say it’s a muted version of an open filter intake. I like the sound a lot its feel like it matches the car, it has a classy & elegant sound to it.

Looks: Another reason I purchased this system. IMO looks fantastic. The quality of the components, the quality of the carbon, and the overall look is exactly what I was going for.

Overall: Yeah so overall, im very happy with my purchase. I recommend this intake, especially if you are looking for alternatives to the systems I mentioned above. Again happy with the product & the customer service. Thanks, Infinity Designs for putting out good quality systems for us.

Last edited by AmDATX; 03-26-2024 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3359.00
      03-27-2024, 08:51 AM   #2
gc.g80brg
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3C Individual

I love their design and quality ! This new brand becomes a very good competitor to any aftermarket intakes without being too expensive ^^ We had a group buy with them early winter but I didnt' take the oppurtunity.

I end up getting a full eventuri intake mostly because they are a reputable brand since I've had my E46 M3 in 2017 but i'm very curious about this new brand
2001 M3 Laguna seca 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 10:40 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review, we offer their products and have installed them on a couple of shop cars, its excellent

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR118.50
      03-27-2024, 11:43 AM   #4
azonis2021
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

I don't see the point in spending $2,300 on a knock off Eventuri intake when the original costs $2,900. If it were around $1,400 or so I would understand the appeal, but at this price, it would make more sense to fork out the extra $600 and get the Eventuri.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 12:02 PM   #5
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

What’s up with the tallness and bar cutouts in that front tube? Looks like it might have fitment issues with the CSL brace.
Appreciate 0