BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-25-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Performance Center Delivery (PCD) - Summary & Experience

I have been seeing PCD summary / questions across several different threads. Since PCD is becoming more popular, I am compiling the information / my experience in this thread which would help everyone in the future.

Online tracker update sequence:
At port (Germany)
In transit (Ship)
At port (Charleston, US)
In transit (Train)
At port (Greenville - Vehicle Processing Center)
At dealership (Performance Center)

My timeline:
04/29/22 - At port, Charleston
05/02/22 - In transit
05/05/22 - At VPC, Greenville
05/05/22 - VPC work order closed
05/06/22 - PC confirms delivery date
05/18/22 - At dealership
05/31/22 - Delivery date (initial date 6/1)

Scheduling:
- PC team will reach out to your CA after the work order is closed by Greenville VPC. PC team will not provide any tentative dates before that.
- PC team is only offering 1 delivery date (instead of 3 options in the past) and you need to respond within 3 days. If the proposed date doesn't work, your CA can request a different date which might be a week or two later.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until two-weeks prior to your delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three-week window. In the unlikely event we are notified of a delay for your vehicle, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new date (from PC confirmation email).

Cancellation:
If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:
- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.
- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

Paperwork:
- My dealer completed paperwork 10 days before my PCD date.
- Once your date is confirmed, you have to complete and return your travel form no earlier than two-weeks prior to your delivery.

Special request:
- You can communicate special requests directly to your PC team or through your CA once your delivery date is confirmed.
- This was their feedback when i requested them to leave some protection films on the vehicle: We will do our best to accommodate some of these requests. However, some of the coverings must be removed to properly inspect the vehicle and clean some areas. We will request with the shop and detail team to leave any coverings on that aren’t required to be removed during detail and Pre Delivery Inspection.

Delivery day:
- The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, No exceptions.
- Delivery day will start at 8 am and conclude around 3 pm.
- The BMW Performance Center does not assist with shipping arrangements and customers who choose to ship a vehicle after delivery, must be available at the time of shipment to hand the vehicle over to the carrier.
- Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).
- Child care services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any of the driving activities.
- No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

PPF installation:
I didn't want to drive back to MI without PPF and i reached out to Extreme Colors Auto Spa based on the recommendation from the forum.
- They are the the official BMW Performance Center paint protector since 2013.
- Their price was inline with the current market and they were extremely professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond.
- I started working with them right after my vehicle went with production. Initially, I had booked a tentative date and they were able to reschedule it as soon as i got my PCD confirmation.
- I chose following PPF options (full front, roof, rocker and few other things). I am planning to drop off the vehicle by a Tuesday evening and pick it by Thursday morning.

Last edited by vj123; 07-27-2022 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 14
T0RM3NT3642.00
Mark Kez2201.50
wtwo317971.00
smuttana345.00
RideFAST123.00
Vinnrox2503002.00
RedX4MC153.50
Mani5913496.00
ChiTownM1062.00
ez31171.50
      05-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #2
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Thanks much vj123! Great info. Considering myself, when that time comes.
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      05-25-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I have been seeing PCD summary / questions across several different threads. Since PCD is becoming more popular, I am compiling the information / my experience in this thread which would help everyone in the future.

Online tracker update sequence:
At port (Germany)
In transit (Ship)
At port (Charleston, US)
In transit (Train)
At port (Greenville - Vehicle Processing Center)
At dealership (Performance Center)

My timeline:
04/29/22 - At port, Charleston
05/02/22 - In transit
05/05/22 - At VPC, Greenville
05/05/22 - VPC work order closed
05/06/22 - PC confirms delivery date
05/18/22 - At dealership
05/31/22 - Delivery date (initial date 6/1)

Scheduling:
- PC team will reach out to your CA after the work order is closed by Greenville VPC. PC team will not provide any tentative dates before that.
- PC team is only offering 1 delivery date (instead of 3 options in the past) and you need to respond within 3 days. If the proposed date doesn't work, your CA can request a different date which might be a week or two later.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until two-weeks prior to your delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three-week window. In the unlikely event we are notified of a delay for your vehicle, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new date (from PC confirmation email).

Cancellation:
If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:
- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.
- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

Paperwork:
- My dealer completed paperwork 10 days before my PCD date.
- Once your date is confirmed, you have to complete and return your travel form no earlier than two-weeks prior to your delivery.

Special request:
- You can communicate special requests directly to your PC team or through your CA once your delivery date is confirmed.
- This was their feedback when i requested them to leave some protection films on the vehicle: We will do our best to accommodate some of these requests. However, some of the coverings must be removed to properly inspect the vehicle and clean some areas. We will request with the shop and detail team to leave any coverings on that aren't required to be removed during detail and Pre Delivery Inspection.

Delivery day:
- The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, No exceptions.
- Delivery day will start at 8 am and conclude around 3 pm.
- The BMW Performance Center does not assist with shipping arrangements and customers who choose to ship a vehicle after delivery, must be available at the time of shipment to hand the vehicle over to the carrier.
- Participants must present a valid driver's license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).
- Child care services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any of the driving activities.
- No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

PPF installation:
I didn't want to drive back to MI without PPF and i reached out to Extreme Colors Auto Spa based on the recommendation from the forum.
- They are the the official BMW Performance Center paint protector since 2013.
- Their price was inline with the current market and they were extremely professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond.
- I started working with them right after my vehicle went with production. Initially, I had booked a tentative date and they were able to reschedule it as soon as i got my PCD confirmation.
- I chose following PPF options (full front, roof, rocker and few other things). I am planning to drop off the vehicle by a Tuesday evening and pick it by Thursday morning.
Congrats! I've taken delivery many many times from PCD to MI. Every time I wrap with some combination of trakktape and blue painters tape. I've been caught in everything from perfect sun to down pour and light snow. No issues what so ever.

After tape removal and decon I called Joe at autoedge to install xpel PPF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
vj1233790.00
      05-25-2022, 09:45 PM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Congrats! I've taken delivery many many times from PCD to MI. Every time I wrap with some combination of trakktape and blue painters tape. I've been caught in everything from perfect sun to down pour and light snow. No issues what so ever.

Thank you. I had trakwrap as my next option if ECAS didnt workout.

I contacted several shops in metro Detroit area before zeroing ECAS but i dont think i reached out to Autoedge. Looks like you have had some good experiences with them and i will reach out to them if i need something in the future.
Appreciate 1
drexplode1784.50
      05-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #5
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i msport, M3CX

I will add that Extreme auto spa has been amazing so far with my request. I am getting my delivery on a Friday and they are not open on the weekends. I reached out to them right away to see if they can assist of accommodate since I will be driving it back to MN. I got a response from my email that they would help out and get the PPF done Friday and Saturday morning so I can make the drive back home. My back up option was to do tracwrap but I was blown away that they wanted to help me out with the service. Again there is a reason they are highly recommended for PC deliveries. I will report how it goes next week when I get the service done as I am sure you will as well.
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      05-25-2022, 10:42 PM   #6
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. I had trakwrap as my next option if ECAS didnt workout.

I contacted several shops in metro Detroit area before zeroing ECAS but i dont think i reached out to Autoedge. Looks like you have had some good experiences with them and i will reach out to them if i need something in the future.
Autoedge has taken care of many cars for me. They are mobile and just opened their shop in Brighton.
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      05-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #7
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyingbimmer View Post
I will add that Extreme auto spa has been amazing so far with my request. I am getting my delivery on a Friday and they are not open on the weekends. I reached out to them right away to see if they can assist of accommodate since I will be driving it back to MN. I got a response from my email that they would help out and get the PPF done Friday and Saturday morning so I can make the drive back home. My back up option was to do tracwrap but I was blown away that they wanted to help me out with the service. Again there is a reason they are highly recommended for PC deliveries. I will report how it goes next week when I get the service done as I am sure you will as well.
Wow, that is good customer service! What all are you having done?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 10:37 PM   #8
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
Quote:
Wow, that is good customer service! What all are you having done?
I am getting just cross country package. I assume as it's what they can do for me to drive back. It's full hood, full front fenders flares, mirrors, front bumper, door edge guards, & headlights.
When I get it back home I can get more protection and ceramic done.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 04:10 PM   #9
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Is anyone else scheduled for PCD on 5/31?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 09:10 PM   #10
figuec56
Daniel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330eX

Garage List
2023 BMW 330ex  [0.00]
vj123

how much did ECAS charge for the wrap? Are you getting sn m3 or m4? I have a g83 coming to PCD soon. Curious if it's any cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 10:20 PM   #11
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by figuec56 View Post
how much did ECAS charge for the wrap? Are you getting sn m3 or m4? I have a g83 coming to PCD soon. Curious if it's any cheaper.
I have sent you a PM with their quote information.

Their pricing was inline or even cheaper than quotes which i received from local shops in MI.
Appreciate 1
figuec56346.00
      05-29-2022, 03:50 AM   #12
ZzzHkkk
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2022 M4 Xdrve

Quote:
Originally Posted by figuec56 View Post
vj123

Same Question!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2022, 05:45 AM   #13
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzzHkkk View Post
Same Question!
I have sent you a PM as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 05:06 PM   #14
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

PC delivery pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      05-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #15
Marius1585
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3

Congrats vj!!! Beautiful car - great color combo! How was the overall experience with delivery?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
PC delivery pictures.
Awesome!! I bet it was exciting finally getting the car. I fly down there Thursday to do my pcd on Friday !!
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2022, 06:12 PM   #17
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius1585 View Post
Congrats vj!!! Beautiful car - great color combo! How was the overall experience with delivery?
Thank you. It was a great overall experience. If someone doesnt have any track experience or never visited automotive factory, it will be amazing.

Quote:
Awesome!! I bet it was exciting finally getting the car. I fly down there Thursday to do my pcd on Friday !!
Yes, sir! Do share your experience once you take delivery.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2022, 08:22 PM   #18
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
PC delivery pictures.
Another beautiful day at PCD! Safe travels back to the mitten state! Enjoy the twisties through NC/TN.
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      05-31-2022, 08:49 PM   #19
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another beautiful day at PCD! Safe travels back to the mitten state! Enjoy the twisties through NC/TN.
Thank you, it was a great sunny day and looking forward to the drive back home!
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3642.00
      06-03-2022, 07:26 AM   #20
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I picked up my vehicle from ECAS yesterday and was happy with the service.

They are offering a discount if one has BMW CCA membership.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317971.00
      06-03-2022, 07:41 AM   #21
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
I picked up my vehicle from ECAS yesterday and was happy with the service.

They are offering a discount if one has BMW CCA membership.
How'd you spend your time in Greenville? Any recs?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      06-03-2022, 07:52 AM   #22
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
How'd you spend your time in Greenville? Any recs?
I tried catching up with work when i was there and didn't have time to explore Greenville.

I was originally planning to spend the evenings in Ashville but that didnt materialize. I have been there several times for work and its an amazing place.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317971.00