BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #2311
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
called Comcast on 12/20/20 for a 4k box, still hasn't arrived and playoff Bears game is in 1hour...
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615336.00
      01-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #2312
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I took a week off since work has been very stressful, got Covid on the second day. Likely from my parents who also got it. I felt like shit for two whole weeks, and had to take care of my parents, and my company wants me to use PTO for the time I was out.

I guess at least I have PTO.
Appreciate 2
wdb4732.00
M_Six16966.50
      01-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #2313
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

The automated car wash that I drive through daily, which happens to be conveniently located between work and home, that also costs less than a dollar a day; doesn't do a very good job cleaning my wheels. I literally have to exit my vehicle and use a provided brush to clean my wheels prior.

Also, my 2011 Lexus was nicer than my new Lexus.....which also raises the question; the f*ck do I have to get the cold weather package to get air conditioned seats??? Having cold air blown through your nether region, whilst wearing dry-fit golf shorts, in the middle of the summer is something every man should get to experience.
Appreciate 3
wdb4732.00
GenXer1365.00
      01-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #2314
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

My next M3 I have the choice of ordering with ventilated seats, or carbon fibre seats. I'm torn.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #2315
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post
Great thread.

I pay way too much tuition for two kids in college and a kid in private high school.

First world problem, indeed.
I don't know how you're doing 3?!?! We did private school, college and now law school for 1 and it will end up being the cost of a nice McLaren 675 LT when it's all said and done.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #2316
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
My next M3 I have the choice of ordering with ventilated seats, or carbon fibre seats. I'm torn.
Carbon Fiber Seats. You know what's next.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:31 PM   #2317
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I don't know how you're doing 3?!?! We did private school, college and now law school for 1 and it will end up being the cost of a nice McLaren 675 LT when it's all said and done.
Clearly he found a job that pays 3 times better than yours....maybe if you just worked a little harder...geez.

Seriously though, you guys are on the other end now, I'm just starting out. My oldest just started private school...ouch. My second will start JK next year at the same school.

Our current first world problem is my wife's car lease is up and she is trying to decide between a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door in manual transmission, or the Hyundai Palisade in Luxury trim.

Both super different vehicles, priced about the same, so cost isn't going to play a big factor...I'll be interested to see what she decides.

If it weren't for the manual transmission in the Jeep, I'd lean towards the Palisade as it fits our family better, huge amount of room in the trunk whereas the Jeep will fit our dog or our luggage, but not both. Might be able to shoehorn the Lab into the rear seats between the kids and just make him suffer for the 4 hour car rides that we sometimes have to take to see my brother and his family.
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #2318
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

TP shortage = dinkleberries.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 08:57 PM   #2319
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Clearly he found a job that pays 3 times better than yours....maybe if you just worked a little harder...geez.

Seriously though, you guys are on the other end now, I'm just starting out. My oldest just started private school...ouch. My second will start JK next year at the same school.

Our current first world problem is my wife's car lease is up and she is trying to decide between a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door in manual transmission, or the Hyundai Palisade in Luxury trim.

Both super different vehicles, priced about the same, so cost isn't going to play a big factor...I'll be interested to see what she decides.

If it weren't for the manual transmission in the Jeep, I'd lean towards the Palisade as it fits our family better, huge amount of room in the trunk whereas the Jeep will fit our dog or our luggage, but not both. Might be able to shoehorn the Lab into the rear seats between the kids and just make him suffer for the 4 hour car rides that we sometimes have to take to see my brother and his family.
Palisade comes in 4x4???? Need to take another look - N. O. T
      01-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #2320
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
The automated car wash that I drive through daily, which happens to be conveniently located between work and home, that also costs less than a dollar a day; doesn't do a very good job cleaning my wheels. I literally have to exit my vehicle and use a provided brush to clean my wheels prior.

Also, my 2011 Lexus was nicer than my new Lexus.....which also raises the question; the f*ck do I have to get the cold weather package to get air conditioned seats??? Having cold air blown through your nether region, whilst wearing dry-fit golf shorts, in the middle of the summer is something every man should get to experience.
My local drive through is great but it's 15 minutes away from my house. They keep my 22" chrome wheels very clean. They did such a great job that I tipped them $20 during Christmas.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      01-12-2021, 07:56 AM   #2321
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
My local drive through is great but it's 15 minutes away from my house. They keep my 22" chrome wheels very clean. They did such a great job that I tipped them $20 during Christmas.
I tend to tip the guys that do the pre-wash.....if they actually do it. I've also been known to bitch at the lazy bastards that don't like doing their job....that I pay for.

I also remember handwashing washing my cars every weekend, so this these small inconveniences are just that.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 09:04 AM   #2322
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
This is such a deal to us car guys, I don't know why they don't focus on it more, but I'm guessing that the "normal" auto wash people don't really care and most of us anal people hand wash.

There is one in my current town that was the only one for a bit. It sucked, but it got shit off the DD ok. But they have this long roller with long bristles that is about 3 feet long. As you drive by it is flooded with water (this is after all the soap and wheel cleaner stages) and it turns towards the car, so all those long bristles whip into the wheels and drag down as your wheel goes by. Best wheel clearer of any drive thru I have ever seen. Rest of the car is a solid "meh" and you always have some left over soap in the rear, but the wheels were always top notch.

A new one open that is the same as one I use to use back in my hometown where I still have a house and they do a much better job except the wheels. Wheels are decent, but still need a wipe after. I went through the old and videoed the wheel brush and sent the wheel clearer video to the guy that owns the better one and told him he should check it out. LOL
      01-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #2323
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
This is such a deal to us car guys, I don't know why they don't focus on it more, but I'm guessing that the "normal" auto wash people don't really care and most of us anal people hand wash.

There is one in my current town that was the only one for a bit. It sucked, but it got shit off the DD ok. But they have this long roller with long bristles that is about 3 feet long. As you drive by it is flooded with water (this is after all the soap and wheel cleaner stages) and it turns towards the car, so all those long bristles whip into the wheels and drag down as your wheel goes by. Best wheel clearer of any drive thru I have ever seen. Rest of the car is a solid "meh" and you always have some left over soap in the rear, but the wheels were always top notch.

A new one open that is the same as one I use to use back in my hometown where I still have a house and they do a much better job except the wheels. Wheels are decent, but still need a wipe after. I went through the old and videoed the wheel brush and sent the wheel clearer video to the guy that owns the better one and told him he should check it out. LOL
So naturally you go through the old one then drive over and go through the new one right? Whole car cleaned!
Appreciate 1
unluky7528.00
      01-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #2324
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Palisade comes in 4x4???? Need to take another look - N. O. T
AWD.

But last night, instead of making a decision, she decided to further complicate her life by adding two more vehicles for consideration - the Land Rover Defender (which is almost 45% more expensive on lease payments) which I of course love, and instead of leasing, maybe buy the Toyota 4 Runner (which I also really like.

However, I think I've managed to convince her to get rid of both of those options as much as I like them. Land Rover dealer is an hour away so we don't have the time to take it in to deal with the inevitable electronic gremlins that come free with every JLR product. Toyota I like, but it is really outdated inside and they are doing a refresh in two years I think.

So we are back to the original two vehicles, and I think she's beginning to lean to the Jeep which I sort of like because I'd like a manual transmission again.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #2325
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

We have such easy access to information these days that it’s a serious first world problem.

I’m trying to buy a simple pressure washer and there are so many review sites, videos and internet opinions that I’m so confused
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2021, 02:05 PM   #2326
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
We have such easy access to information these days that it’s a serious first world problem.

I’m trying to buy a simple pressure washer and there are so many review sites, videos and internet opinions that I’m so confused
Yes!!! This is my problem. I can't just go buy something. I research the shit out of it until I drive myself crazy.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615336.00
      01-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #2327
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
There's a limit on the amount of discount at Shell station of 20 gallons. For instance when I get $1 off per gallon, I'm maxed out at $20 even when I'm filling my boat with 50 gallons of fuel. what a rip off! I should be allowed to enjoy the sweet sweet savings of buying that much fuel at a time.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 05:18 PM   #2328
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
There's a limit on the amount of discount at Shell station of 20 gallons. For instance when I get $1 off per gallon, I'm maxed out at $20 even when I'm filling my boat with 50 gallons of fuel. what a rip off! I should be allowed to enjoy the sweet sweet savings of buying that much fuel at a time.
My issue is that shell is usually the most expensive gas around here even after the discount. That and I'm waaaaaay to lazy to drive around and look for the cheapest shell.

BTW I THINK you can still get the basic discount of $0.05 or whatever after the 20 gallons by just starting a new transaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 01:30 AM   #2329
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Yes!!! This is my problem. I can't just go buy something. I research the shit out of it until I drive myself crazy.
My New Year's resolution was to be more decisive and do less of this.

So now I'm buying a house and putting in the order for an M440 this week. Go big or go...homeless?
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615336.00
rebekahb3132.50
      01-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #2330
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
My New Year's resolution was to be more decisive and do less of this.

So now I'm buying a house and putting in the order for an M440 this week. Go big or go...homeless?
Well...that might be the best nutshell description of the American way / dream right there.

On a different note, I know someone who was playing monopoly (as I see it) by buying up various commercial properties in the city and mortgaging them to the hilt to fund more commercial property purchases. It was a precarious little deck of cards in my mind, and the only reason I figured he was able to keep afloat was his wife was a doctor. So he was either going to win big or lose big I figured...and if anything happened to her, he was cooked.

Turns out, he won. He's liquidated most of it in the past six months apparently, they sold their house, I figure they must have cleared about $6-7 million after everything, so she just sent a message around to the doctors that she's quitting and they're going to bum around the world with their daughter to figure out what they want to do for the next few months and where they want to live. She's not sure she'll continue with medicine even.

But good for them overall.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #2331
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well...that might be the best nutshell description of the American way / dream right there.

On a different note, I know someone who was playing monopoly (as I see it) by buying up various commercial properties in the city and mortgaging them to the hilt to fund more commercial property purchases. It was a precarious little deck of cards in my mind, and the only reason I figured he was able to keep afloat was his wife was a doctor. So he was either going to win big or lose big I figured...and if anything happened to her, he was cooked.

Turns out, he won. He's liquidated most of it in the past six months apparently, they sold their house, I figure they must have cleared about $6-7 million after everything, so she just sent a message around to the doctors that she's quitting and they're going to bum around the world with their daughter to figure out what they want to do for the next few months and where they want to live. She's not sure she'll continue with medicine even.

But good for them overall.
Only issue with their strategy (without knowing their ages) is it sounds like they might be able to burn through enough of that money to outlive it. Then again, worry about that later I suppose.
      01-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #2332
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

My ice maker was on the fritz, I had to use those plastic trays.
Appreciate 0