Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-11-2022, 06:24 AM   #45
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsupraguy View Post
Lol multiple people have posted since you and are backing me up that the version in the video IS INDEED DIFFERENT from their current production model. I even reached out to VT about this and they even admitted it. (see below). Time to use that brain between your ears toodles

Trust me, I now get it. Way different than a single mid pipe for sure, that being explain makes all the reason! I too would love to have that sound especially since I'm not a fun of the single mid's.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #46
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Trust me, I now get it. Way different than a single mid pipe for sure, that being explain makes all the reason! I too would love to have that sound especially since I'm not a fun of the single mid's.
This is when you now say "I was wrong"........
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:04 AM   #47
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Read my other last post stating thus if you need a hand written apology. Boy you must be great when with the ladies 🤣

Last edited by brad65ford; 09-11-2022 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:22 AM   #48
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Read my other last post stating thus if you need a hand written apology. Boy you much be great when with the ladies 🤣
"Boy you much be great when when the ladies" sometimes the memes write themselves. What a tard
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #49
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Guys,
When we say prototype, do we mean all the earlier midpipes without the flex section that were a pain in the ass to install? Or were they very early versions and fewer in numbers that only lucky people got?

I am not sure if I am one of the lucky ones who got the real deal as mine needed 5 attempts to install, three of those were by professionals. It finally got on my car but I don't have catless downpipes and hence can't compare the sound with G80soom's.

A picture of the prototype would have been great.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 07:38 PM   #50
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Guys,
When we say prototype, do we mean all the earlier midpipes without the flex section that were a pain in the ass to install? Or were they very early versions and fewer in numbers that only lucky people got?

I am not sure if I am one of the lucky ones who got the real deal as mine needed 5 attempts to install, three of those were by professionals. It finally got on my car but I don't have catless downpipes and hence can't compare the sound with G80soom's.

A picture of the prototype would have been great.
You must have the earlier revisions. I have the full exhaust and fit perfectly. Did everything in 2 hours taking my time and using rollers to get the stock exhaust off myself.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      09-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #51
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

Not mine but I saved it a while back. I believe this is the different MT design.
Attached Images

M3Cx, E92 M3 6MT
Previous cars: '21 Supra, '17 GT-R, '15 GT3, '13 GT-R '09 GT-R, '06 Z06, '06 Evo MR, '05 M3, '03 Evo, '00 Miata.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      09-11-2022, 09:01 PM   #52
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Well I have a 6MT M3 and will absolutely buy this midpipe if it were produced by a legit shop. It’s unlikely due to the limited market, but I have no interest in any of the ones currently available.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 10:54 PM   #53
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 330i, '24 M340i (ordered)

Here is a video compilation of their midpipe in different configurations - part of cat-back or combined with downpipes.

And here are my favorite videos with just the midpipe:

I personally like how it sounds whichever version it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 02:41 AM   #54
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
Not mine but I saved it a while back. I believe this is the different MT design.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Unfortunately, mine is completely different. The connection for the left downpipe does not have the snake like design.
Appreciate 1
Jon H391.50
      09-12-2022, 05:36 AM   #55
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
Dug into my previous posts and found the picture of the one I have on my car. Significantly different design. I was excited for a moment

I still remember the nightmares I had installing mine and that despite being the "updated design". Mine looks similar to the current ones, the only difference being the lack of the flex point.

Was there ever a statement or announcement by VT to say that there was a design change? Or MT and auto were different sounding as a result?

Those videos of G80_soom's car was what made me buy and import the midpipe to the UK. Mind you, the shipping alone was about $400 or thereabouts. On top of that, five attempts at installation, welding opf bungs, sensors, and losing warranty as a result of that, all to replicate the great sound we heard in their videos. I guess i have to cancel plans for downpipes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 08:00 PM   #56
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

VT continues to market their midpipe in promotional videos knowing the actual product they ship (or drop ship from China) is far different........ Piss poor garbage company.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 11:36 PM   #57
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
VT continues to market their midpipe in promotional videos knowing the actual product they ship (or drop ship from China) is far different........ Piss poor garbage company.
Which promotional videos are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 03:35 AM   #58
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNine View Post
Which promotional videos are you talking about?
https://youtu.be/ztqLXWrpJUI
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #59
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
https://youtu.be/ztqLXWrpJUI
That's just one of their first videos released long time ago. They have many other videos since then on their YouTube channel. And other personal channels also show the sound of their midpipe, cat-back and when either is combined with downpipes.
We all know that videos hardly ever represent the true sound as in person, anyway.
It's been already pointed out that the design of the VT midpipe has slightly changed for fitment reasons. And most of their videos are with the new design.
I don't see the point to hang on just one (old) video when there are many other videos.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #60
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's just one of their first videos released long time ago. They have many other videos since then on their YouTube channel. And other personal channels also show the sound of their midpipe, cat-back and when either is combined with downpipes.
We all know that videos hardly ever represent the true sound as in person, anyway.
It's been already pointed out that the design of the VT midpipe has slightly changed for fitment reasons. And most of their videos are with the new design.
I don't see the point to hang on just one (old) video when there are many other videos.
So you are ok with false advertisement? They have the ability to take the video down but they choose not to. I can find many more.

People make a purchasing decision based on these videos.....

You are probably are a fake account and work for VT lol
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:10 AM   #61
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BTW here's a "few" more still being pushed by VT... opc orn:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QVOq92N59BM

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b8toWGBQQa8

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #62
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Ive heard good things about the valvetronic mid pipe. Customers seem to like it and it seems like this exhaust system is actually made by them. In the past this was not the case. I know for the E9X platform the exhaust they offer is just a rebranded exhaust from either Taiwan or china. Literally the exact same exhaust as bomiz for the E9X. That’s why I stayed away from this mid pipe when I ordered my supersprint mid pipe.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1686392

2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:21 AM   #63
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Also one guy said their sound is edited. I doubt that but one thing that is for sure is it matters what you recorded it on. It will sound different when you use an iPhone 7 compared to an iphone 13 pro max vs a samsung vs a go pro vs a go pro with the mic attachment vs name any mic attachment to a camera.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 01:38 AM   #64
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So you are ok with false advertisement? They have the ability to take the video down but they choose not to. I can find many more.

People make a purchasing decision based on these videos.....

You are probably are a fake account and work for VT lol
Dude, you seem to have some sort of personal bashing agenda against Valvetronic. Why are you so in your feelings about it? Just spend your money on someone's products. What's the big deal?

Quote:
BTW here's a "few" more still being pushed by VT... opc orn:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QVOq92N59BM

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b8toWGBQQa8

What's wrong with these videos? One of them is with their full cat-back and downpipes, another video is with their full cat-back and then another video with their midpipe. Do you have proof that all these videos are with their prototype midpipe?
I've seen all their videos and videos of others who bought their midpipe or full exhaust. Most of them sound pretty the same. The only exception is the videos with the IOMG G80 and we know why - it has the rare prototype midpipe.
There are still plenty of videos with the current design and it sound great to me and others. If you don't like the sound, that's fine. But your personal agenda seems a little over the top. Just buy someone else's product and find happiness.

Btw, there are other threads where someone spent money on AA catted downpipes that had fitment issues. So he replaced them with Akrapovic's downpipes. But he didn't throw a fit like you and go on a bashing spree against AA.
Some people have spent money on Remus exhaust and have drone sounds. But they don't throw fit and go on bashing sprees either. Remus advertising videos don't show drone either, btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 06:04 AM   #65
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Dude, you seem to have some sort of personal bashing agenda against Valvetronic. Why are you so in your feelings about it? Just spend your money on someone's products. What's the big deal?

What's wrong with these videos? One of them is with their full cat-back and downpipes, another video is with their full cat-back and then another video with their midpipe. Do you have proof that all these videos are with their prototype midpipe?
I've seen all their videos and videos of others who bought their midpipe or full exhaust. Most of them sound pretty the same. The only exception is the videos with the IOMG G80 and we know why - it has the rare prototype midpipe.
There are still plenty of videos with the current design and it sound great to me and others. If you don't like the sound, that's fine. But your personal agenda seems a little over the top. Just buy someone else's product and find happiness.

Btw, there are other threads where someone spent money on AA catted downpipes that had fitment issues. So he replaced them with Akrapovic's downpipes. But he didn't throw a fit like you and go on a bashing spree against AA.
Some people have spent money on Remus exhaust and have drone sounds. But they don't throw fit and go on bashing sprees either. Remus advertising videos don't show drone either, btw.
So agree, btw that was me with the AA Dp's, must be because I'm older and have been down that road so many time with things. In life you just can't get hung up on stupid shit you can't control. While I've stated I do agree with the OP's frustration, I wouldn't be expecting any change from VT or written apologize stating they are sorry we changed the design. Instead, if I really wanted that sound I'd found another way to create it by having someone modify the existing mid pipe based off what photos others have shared or purchase something else. But again I'm different person, I just don't give up and find away to achieve what I'm after.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 08:39 AM   #66
Allerum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3C X-Drive

Quote:
So agree, btw that was me with the AA Dp's, must be because I'm older and have been down that road so many time with things. In life you just can't get hung up on stupid shit you can't control. While I've stated I do agree with the OP's frustration, I wouldn't be expecting any change from VT or written apologize stating they are sorry we changed the design. Instead, if I really wanted that sound I'd found another way to create it by having someone modify the existing mid pipe based off what photos others have shared or purchase something else. But again I'm different person, I just don't give up and find away to achieve what I'm after.
Thank you for logic! This dude has a major hard-on for something he doesn't own. They had to change it to fit the ZF Auto which more people have. Why offer a product that only satisfies 25% of the market? It's really not that hard to take their pipe and try and modify it.
Appreciate 0